Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
And yet I've had a lot of drives in Seattle where the car drives very well indeed, and certainly does not do anything dangerous. To be sure, there are some absurd intersections in the city, where even humans get confused (I certainly do), but I would not expect the car to do well in those cases (and it still amazes me that the traffic planners think those intersections are a good idea).
Curious - Are you not driving a refreshed MS or MX? My money is on, "no".

Do you actually believe any of the dates he posts? No one I know takes them to be worth anything, even the most ardent Tesla fanboy.

I've posted this before and made the moderators mad but I'll post it again - at this point anyone making comments like "Elon promised it last week and it's still not here!" is either too dense to participate in a conversation or a troll and not worth having a discussion with.
“Anyone who dislikes or doubts Musk isn’t welcome to the discussion”

Nice philosophy, bro.

“Anyone who dislikes or doubts Musk isn’t welcome to the discussion”

Nice philosophy, bro.
You read that wrong.

They are saying Elon is unreliable with his Twitter/X information. This is known at this point, so anyone saying "Elon promised this last week" either is being obtuse for the sake of trolling or just doesn't follow Tesla/Elon in any facet.

I think it's closer to this. When Elon is being brilliant it's okay to quote but when he flips to the alter ego of a dishonest used car salesman no one wants to hear about. Personally I'm okay with hearing, remembering, and sharing the good and bad Elon. It is what it is so why not put on your big boy pants or big girl panties and deal with it?

I should add the same holds true with anecdotal FSD drives. Some don't believe or want to hear any bad outcomes and the same is true for perfect FSD drives. The truth is probably somewhere in between on average.

Pretty sure I already know the answer for this - but if I'm currently on 2023.26.7 running FSDb 11.3.6 - is there any way to speed up getting up to a newer version of 11.4.7 per the recent guidance that 11.4.7 would go wide release starting this week? My spidey sense says I'm at the mercy of Tesla and I will get whenever I get it - but figured I would at least ask if there's anything that can be done to speed up a software update. We're heading out on a 1000+ mile trip on 8/31 and it would be nice to be on the current rev before starting our road trip. :cool:

On a more serious topic - I just finished watching Black Tesla's video of 11.4.7. He kept mentioning that the nag is gone. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?
There is no way they removed the nag, if anything the nagging should be increasing due to more upcoming feedback from NHTSA or DOT. MAYBE they are using alternate sensors or interpreting them differently?

Pretty sure I already know the answer for this - but if I'm currently on 2023.26.7 running FSDb 11.3.6 - is there any way to speed up getting up to a newer version of 11.4.7 per the recent guidance that 11.4.7 would go wide release starting this week? My spidey sense says I'm at the mercy of Tesla and I will get whenever I get it - but figured I would at least ask if there's anything that can be done to speed up a software update. We're heading out on a 1000+ mile trip on 8/31 and it would be nice to be on the current rev before starting our road trip. :cool:
You can't go backwards from 2023.26 to 2023.7, so your hope is to get the newly packaged 11.4.4 in 2023.26.10, but no..no current shot at 11.4.7 until they put it in a newer base software build.

Interesting - so then how is 11.4.7 going wide release this week then? :)
Wide release typically means to all in the specific testing pool. Elon has changed what "Wide release" means maybe 100 times. There was a 10.5 version that "went wide", but really only went to half of the testers. We will wait and see, but I have 11.4.7 and it's still 2023.7.30, but if they do what they did with 10.69.2 and jump it to the newest version, I'd be happy. I'm not holding my breathe, though.