Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Just in case some may take me seriously. The red/green lights is purely imaginary from my own mind.
I thought you were probably joking in that first paragraph, but I wasn't sure.

I agree with @sleepydoc that an LED on the driver side only would be a stupid design. The whole point of the blind spot indicator is to see it while you're trying to look at the mirror anyway.

Regarding LED on mirror housing versus on lower A pillar: the A-pillar speaker location is not a problem at all. It happens to be exactly where the blind spot LED was on my 2010 Volvo which was one of the first cars with this feature. It's inside out of the weather and highly visible when you look at the mirror.

Also from personal experience, I'm an expert on serious red/green color deficiency as well as numerous other vision problems. The issue for me is that the red response end of the spectrum is highly attenuated, so the deepest red LEDs look quite dim to me. It helps a lot if they are less deep red, while yellow or orange are far more attention-grabbing to me.
(In work meetings, I can never follow a red laser pointer on the screen, but a green one is great. Excel spreadsheets where people highlight a cell red with black text are a real problem for me to read; for myself I always flip the text to white on a red background.)​

The Tesla UI designers are not particularly concerned with any of this, nor with basic considerations of contrast and text size (well, a recent nod to the latter that we dont have yet). They're more concerned with trendy pastel colors and small unobtrusive text which I guess they find relaxing.

Having said that, I don't believe they would put the starboard side blind spot warning on the port side pillar - I'll be staggered if they do.

I thought you were probably joking in that first paragraph, but I wasn't sure.

I agree with @sleepydoc that an LED on the driver side only would be a stupid design. The whole point of the blind spot indicator is to see it while you're trying to look at the mirror anyway.

Regarding LED on mirror housing versus on lower A pillar: the A-pillar speaker location is not a problem at all. It happens to be exactly where the blind spot LED was on my 2010 Volvo which was one of the first cars with this feature. It's inside out of the weather and highly visible when you look at the mirror.

Also from personal experience, I'm an expert on serious red/green color deficiency as well as numerous other vision problems. The issue for me is that the red response end of the spectrum is highly attenuated, so the deepest red LEDs look quite dim to me. It helps a lot if they are less deep red, while yellow or orange are far more attention-grabbing to me.
(In work meetings, I can never follow a red laser pointer on the screen, but a green one is great. Excel spreadsheets where people highlight a cell red with black text are a real problem for me to read; for myself I always flip the text to white on a red background.)​

The Tesla UI designers are not particularly concerned with any of this, nor with basic considerations of contrast and text size (well, a recent nod to the latter that we dont have yet). They're more concerned with trendy pastel colors and small unobtrusive text which I guess they find relaxing.

Having said that, I don't believe they would put the starboard side blind spot warning on the port side pillar - I'll be staggered if they do.
But would you really be staggered? Tesla has already proven itself incompetent when it comes to wipers, auto high beams, removal of ultrasonics, no front bumper camera etc. I’ve already come to the conclusion that in many basic ways they have no idea what they’re doing.

On the latest version, my FSD is currently disabled.

Not sure if the cause was because I did the camera calibration, but after that, the FSD button is greyed out. I never did the calibration before.

Soft reboot (multiple times) didn't bring it back.

Anyone with similar experiences?
You need to reenable FSD after camera calibration. Also the calibration need to be longer than for basic autopilot.

You need to reenable FSD after camera calibration. Also the calibration need to be longer than for basic autopilot.
After the camera calibration was complete, I wasn't able to click on the FSD button. So I had to drive manually for about 40km. Once I'm back, I did another reboot then tried enabling it again, and it works this time... 😅

It also made me realize that I'm addicted to FSD 🤪 - even with its faults, it helps my drives a great deal...

After the camera calibration was complete, I wasn't able to click on the FSD button. So I had to drive manually for about 40km. Once I'm back, I did another reboot then tried enabling it again, and it works this time... 😅

It also made me realize that I'm addicted to FSD 🤪 - even with its faults, it helps my drives a great deal...
You probably had additional calibration that was required for FSD Beta. Camera Calibration has two stages - the first stage is for AP/NoA and visualizations. Once those are complete there is additional calibration that happens quietly in the background for FSD Beta.

40 km was your additional calibration for FSD.

But would you really be staggered? Tesla has already proven itself incompetent when it comes to wipers, auto high beams, removal of ultrasonics, no front bumper camera etc. I’ve already come to the conclusion that in many basic ways they have no idea what they’re doing.
Sometimes I wonder what the average age of the FSD developers are and how much driving experience they actually have?

Is there a chart or document that shows if you are on "X.X.X" version of SW that you can get what version of FSDb? I have 2 cars and debating trying it again for a trip coming up and not sure which might be a better choice to quickly get in FSDb. If I can't I'll just stay with AP on the highway for now.

Currently, they are on:

Is there a chart or document that shows if you are on "X.X.X" version of SW that you can get what version of FSDb? I have 2 cars and debating trying it again for a trip coming up and not sure which might be a better choice to quickly get in FSDb. If I can't I'll just stay with AP on the highway for now.

Currently, they are on:
Teslafi will show you what you want. But, the answer is 11.3.6.

Reactions: JHCCAZ
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I found it in TeslaFi. It is under the software section. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get too far ahead of it. How long does it normally take to push out FSDb now once I downloaded FSD?
Once you subscribe, or purchase, FSD, you should be able to immediately enable FSDb. It's already installed. All it needs is for Tesla to tell the car that FSD is authorized.

Just a quick note - as long as you have a HW3 vehicle. If either of your cars are HW4, the 11.3.6 FSDb won't help you. You'll need to be on 2023.26.11 or 2023.32.4 or newer so you have FSDb 11.4.4 which supports HW4. You *might* get it right after you subscribe but there are plenty of HW4 people stuck on 11.3.6 right now waiting for a newer build.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
FFS; when are we going to get off this loser 2023.7 branch? Lame, you can’t even get Tesla to unenroll you from the junk - you’re just left with calling one of these guys (they seem to be spreading do to high demand - many companies now)!
TeslaFI latest comparison (to your config) now has FSD version on it and gives you an idea if other similar vehicles are on the "newer" FSD.

My 2017 X and there are other similar configs on "newer" FSDs.

Below via: TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S 3 X Y Data Logger
kYNkH7z.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one