Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Rumor has it that Elon wanted to shock people's left butt cheek (through electrodes in the seat) for cars in the RIGHT blind spot, and shock people's right butt cheek for cars in the LEFT blind spot. Elon has a rare butt-cheek dyslexia.

I heard that Elon's suggestion was shot down by Tesla Legal because they could not figure out how to name the feature with an "X" in it with the word "Butt" without potentially offending customers.
I heard the plan was to implant those electrodes directly into the butt cheeks of drivers, more reliable shocks. The current thought, however, is to implant those electrodes into the driver's actual cerebral cortex. You know, for direct programmed control of driver corrections for errors made by FSDwtf..........RTD.........RoboTaxiDriver........a safety feature legally required for early RoboTaxis.....

Last edited:
Why are the wipers going when it is cloudy and overcast with no rain at all and I’m getting the full self driving may be worse due to weather message and you can’t turn off the wipers to boot. Awful
It's called prophylactic wipes. That way the windshield has already been wiped when it rains, thinking ahead, neutralizing the problem of the wipers napping when it actually rains..........Simply brilliant! A complex system but give it a chance.........

Last edited:
Haha. Has barely rained in months here.
Weird. And it has rained all spring and summer here in Montana. Rare to see it green all season. Usually green in April and May and turns brown by June. I've never even needed an umbrella here. Usually, if it does rain you just have to wait 5 minutes and it stops. The gods have gone nuts.......

After the camera calibration was complete, I wasn't able to click on the FSD button. So I had to drive manually for about 40km. Once I'm back, I did another reboot then tried enabling it again, and it works this time... 😅

It also made me realize that I'm addicted to FSD 🤪 - even with its faults, it helps my drives a great deal...
I'm wid yous........FSD withdrawal is not for the faint of heart.........

Come to think of it: a lot of the US probably had very few rainy days over the summer with all this heat dome madness. Perhaps the explanation for the auto-wiper problem is that Tesla has been biasing towards very recent/new training data, and there's been too little rain in the recent training set to get a working implementation of auto-wipers?

You need 100% accuracy in use case life and death situations like this with a static object. You can't just run into an object and kill someone and say well it works 99% of the time.
Actually, bad though this sounds, you CAN say this, and in fact you HAVE to. Nothing is ever 100% .. certainly not humans drivers and not even the best L4/L5 car we develop. If you wanted 100% safety you would have no cars at all, no airplanes, no staircases in homes (very dangerous), and live in a padded cell. What you want is an autonomous car that is SAFER than MOST human drivers, but what "SAFER" and "MOST" mean is of course tricky to define accurately.

I heard the plan was to implant those electrodes directly into the butt cheeks of drivers, more reliable shocks. The current thought, however, is to implant those electrodes into the driver's actual cerebral cortex. You know, for direct programmed control of driver corrections for errors made by FSDwtf..........RTD.........RoboTaxiDriver........a safety feature legally required for early RoboTaxis.....
I wonder…. When will we see the next release, moving all the 2023.7.x FSDj owners to a current branch…. I wonder…. Christmas? Ffs.

No joke, I am surprised we have anti lock brakes and seat belts working on our beta cars...
Ironically, I don’t have working seat belts. Just received the recall notice in the mail about this one. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Picked up a new X yesterday with 2023.26.100 and installing 11.4.4 / 2023.32.4 now. Currently driving the previous vehicle that transferred FSD Capability now with basic Autopilot and really missing beta's superior monitoring of nearby traffic for automatic lane changes and general smoothness especially with faded lane lines.

Might happen to have almost perfect timing but less than 24 hours without FSD beta.

Picked up a new X yesterday with 2023.26.100 and installing 11.4.4 / 2023.32.4 now. Currently driving the previous vehicle that transferred FSD Capability now with basic Autopilot and really missing beta's superior monitoring of nearby traffic for automatic lane changes and general smoothness especially with faded lane lines.

Might happen to have almost perfect timing but less than 24 hours without FSD beta.
Yes, that is FAST. But that may be becoming more the norm since Tesla now says Autosteer on city streets is included in FSD Capability.

Anyone have any luck being moved from the "Early FSD" group to the "Mainline FSD" group? I'm pretty sad about still being on 2023.7.30 when there are some features I have wanted that have been out since spring lol.
This is WELL known and covered many times but here are the high (and low) lights.

• FSD Subscriber: Simply let your subscription laps and get an update.
  • FSD Owner: You are F'd and stuck and Tesla doesn't seem to care in any way.