Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
We’re actually looking at an XC60. They have a 35 mile electric only range and then the benefits of a hybrid. For us it means most of the miles will be pure electric.

I checked today - it has turn signals!
It’s so so nice. I very nearly signed a lease for a S60 Recharge Ultimate with Bowers & Wilkins (which is worth every penny of the $3300 option).

At the last minute I realized I needed to verify whether or not a PHEV would let me keep my EV parking at work. I’m glad I did because I would have lost my space entirely! Hence the new Y to get me through to the Volvo EV.

Volvo’s adaptive cruise is much smoother than autopilot 11.4.4 FWIW.

Summon is moving forward and back...Smart Summon is the car can come get you or go to a point...unless it hits a tree, curb, or another car which we've seen countless times on these boards. Smart Summon is what Elon calls a fun trick, but not useful until Actually Smart Summon is released, which was due November 2022...so in two weeks.
This is precisely why I named my car Godot. You know, so when I'm standing outside a store, preferably Walmart, waiting for my car to come fetch me using the smart ASS system, and people ask me what the hell I'm up to I can say..........I'm waiting for Godot..........

So, not only are we getting the usual, "Flee for your lives! FSD is coming for your liver!" crowd, now we're getting Advertising For Other Car Manufacturers in the thread.

Which makes one wonder... Are the "Flee for your lives!" crowd actually advertising executives for the other car companies?

When, in fact, FSD-b actually works fairly well here in New Jersey. Hmm..

So, not only are we getting the usual, "Flee for your lives! FSD is coming for your liver!" crowd, now we're getting Advertising For Other Car Manufacturers in the thread.

Which makes one wonder... Are the "Flee for your lives!" crowd actually advertising executives for the other car companies?

When, in fact, FSD-b actually works fairly well here in New Jersey. Hmm..
That’s what happens when there has not been a solid J release in forever, and the main software is still stuck on a 2023.7.x branch vs current 2023.32.x (25 weeks worth of revisions).

My cheaper Model Y with no FSD has been rocking more software features than my more expensive flagship Model S with FSD….. for months. Make that make sense, and maybe then the people will talk about it instead of talking about the Volvos.

That’s what happens when there has not been a solid J release in forever, and the main software is still stuck on a 2023.7.x branch vs current 2023.32.x (25 weeks worth of revisions).

My cheaper Model Y with no FSD has been rocking more software features than my more expensive flagship Model S with FSD….. for months. Make that make sense, and maybe then the people will talk about it instead of talking about the Volvos.
Any chance Ramphex that you're an advertising executive? Asking for a friend.........

Yeah, I’m on a “list” for an EX90, my local Volvo dealer was supposed to have some event for this to check out the vehicle. Nothing yet.
Just got home from the event and she’s a beaut, Clark.

Looottttttsss of Teslas in the event parking lot. I mentioned the FSD mess to the Volvo rep and he implied that they’ve been hearing a lot of that from other guests.

Thank God and WAAAAAAAY past time. Bring on Custom Steering Wheel buttons and whatever else. Been so damn long I can''t begin to remember all the features we are missing. Wish someone should to make a looooong list. 🤪

Funny/odd that just like 20.7.x Tesla is using the almost never used odd week designation again. So just like 23.7.x was really a version of 23.6.x it is likely 23.27.x is a version of 23.26.x. Maybe this is some insight that we are not forgotten and hopefully still "early Access" and first (or second or whatever we are) in line to test V12 when it comes out in 2 to 100 months. 🤔
I am so happy to have canceled my FSD subscription. Having the latest firmware had been much more enjoyable than the constant disengagements of FSD B

11.4.7 wipers is horrific. Sitting in parking lot the other day, clear blue skies, car is in park, 5 mins later wipers come on. Wait I'm in park, clear skies, what is going on? I quick turn the wipers to off. Everyday they dry wipe. If you are in FSD you can't shut them off, you have to come out of FSD to stop them. The past two days we have morning fog on my daily run, sure enough they dry wipe and I have come out of FSD. This is terrible. There are 8 cameras, does the software bother to check if any of the other cameras are detecting rain? They need to push a change quickly. Is it dry wiping in the garage at night when the car is in park. Clearly it dd it the other day with me sitting in the car. Crazy.

Nav map data updated the other day to .66 Haven't seen any bad lane selection yet.

Just got home from the event and she’s a beaut, Clark.

Looottttttsss of Teslas in the event parking lot. I mentioned the FSD mess to the Volvo rep and he implied that they’ve been hearing a lot of that from other guests.

So surprising that a Volva car salesperson wouldn’t have something positive to say about a competitor. Shocking.
Well, at an event like that you’re going to get a lot of Tesla owners. They’re a big part of the target audience, right?

I don’t know what the price of the EX90 will be but the XC90 recharge (their plug-in hybrid version) is $75-80k so you’re at a price point that competes with the Model S & X and people who likely would have paid for FSD. Volvo makes very nice cars and the salespeople’s jobs are to tout their products’ advantages against the competition.

I’m not a ‘hater’ but I can also understand people’s frustration with FSD. We all know Elon’s proclivity for being over optimistic and I think he’s sown some of that dissatisfaction with his statements. Having said that, in my brief experience with Volvo’s driver assist I’d say it’s in a different class. Highway autopilot/FSD in my MY does very well. I’ve frequently said that Tesla should move towards making that level 3 for straight interstate driving (like Mercedes Benz has done) because mistakes/issues have been so infrequent. Navigating exits, lane changes lights and city traffic is an entirely different beast and Volvo doesn’t even attempt those so comparing the two isn’t really valid.

Reactions: Yelobird
11.4.7 wipers is horrific.....
Mine seem to have a cyclical pattern. Seems one week that work great and then the next week I get the dry wipe blues. This week (so far) I'm on them working, or more accurately NOT "working". I guess next week I'll be dry wiping up a storm, without a storm.

Sure wish we could get a little rush up on 23.27.5 rollout since it is likely the same Beta (with a couple of bug fixes).