Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I would bet that if you are on 11.4.4 and waited for 11.4.7.2 to pull ahead that it would just be available to you. I seriously doubt it’s anything more than update preference.

FSD -> Highest FSD Ver. with Min SW Ver.

Non FSD -> Highest SW Ver.

In 2018 I was sold a Product, FSD - Full Self Driving, when I purchased my model 3 dual motor. The product was not available at the time of purchase but they were just finishing it up and it would be a game changer. It was so amazing my vehicle would be an investment and not a rapidly depreciating asset. This technology like the bot will make Tesla 30x.

I also purchased the acceleration Boost
I did not qualify for a referral
I did not get a tax credit
I did not get free supercharging
A year later I had to pay for premium connectivity
I was promised early access
I received the opportunity to be in a safety score beta program
Because I was negative on forum and not an YouTuber I never received the beta
finally after the safety score program proved to be a farce I finally got the beta
No update on when the "Product" I purchased will be delivered
No Specification has been released on what the product will be, especially on version 3 hardware and 2018 cameras
No credit for disabling the radar and ultrasonic sensors I paid for until Elon though it was stupid
No statement on liability when my Tesla is Fully self driving

No clear statement on charging practices
does supercharging decrease life
can you calibrate bms
what are the optimum charging rates (amps) and levels
proper leaving plugged in for long periods of time
Will Telsa allow 3rd Party replacement batteries
can you upgrade a standard to a long range (if there was really battery shortage this would be a great model for Tesla)

we are to believe they can make FSD work when they can't wipe the window. ( I'm sure it will only be worse on the Cyberduck)

Can Tesla brick our cars by making them unusable through software, when we purchased the vehicle. or did we

It's a kickstater campaign and a stock pump with plenty of internet shills on the assist

PS. I purchased the dual motor because Elon said if one died you can still drive with the other. Never seen a documented case.
Wow - you seem like a really unhappy customer.

What does the acceleration boost, whether you qualified for a referral, got a tax credit or any other perk have to do with anything?

You say you were ‘promised early access.’ By whom? I highly doubt your posts on a forum had anything to do with whether you got beta or not. How would they even know your name beyond “madmolecule?” Your statement presumes that you’re well known enough and have enough influence to actually get Tesla’s attention. Let’s face it - virtually none of us are. I‘m not as negative As some members here but I’ve hardly been a shill and I managed to get it fairly early in the safety score period. Early on the number of beta testers was extremely limited and there were hoards of posts here by people who had a safety score of 100 and couldn’t ’get in.’ I’m not defending the safety score program but good or bad it was a nominal way for Tesla to screen and limit the initial beta testers.

The specification remains unknown, just like it was when you purchased and just like it was when I purchased. Many of us purchased with some idea in our head what it would mean and how long it would be before it was available but to my knowledge Tesla never specifically said anything. (again, go back to my previous post.)

As far as charging goes, some of the information is unknown because the battery technology has been changing. That also makes it impossible to give a blanket recommendation because it may not apply to all cars but Tesla‘s consistently said to charge to 80% for daily driving. Completely draining your battery is bad as is leaving it at 100%. Beyond that, from all the reading I’ve done my answer is to charge in a manner that suits you.

Why do you want or think you need to calibrate The BMS and why are you concerned with a 3rd party battery replacement? Both of these seem like items that aren’t worth stressing about.

Bottom line - from reading your post I’d suggest you drive the car, stay off forums and not worry about the majority of what you posted. You will be happier. (This isn’t intended to be sarcastic or dismissive - it’s my genuine advice to you.)

There are only a few cars getting 11.4.7.2 on TeslaFi today.
Maybe I have to wait for 11.4.7.4.
I can manage 11.4.7 for couple more weeks. I know when it does stupid things and ready to take over most of the time now.
It can do some of the things I want when I use average mode and when I don't minimize lane change.
Don’t stress, it’s no different, just a new changelog with a bunch of big words.
Nah, you should have V12 by end of this month...
In two weeks?

So it’s a feature and not a bug that the car drives down the middle of unmarked (no center line) roads. Sigh.
View attachment 978858
I read this reaction a lot from people. Honestly, who cares that it drives center on an unmarked road if it detects an oncoming car and then moves to the right? Is there a reason you drive on the right side when no other cars are around?