Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I am an intermittent FSBb subscriber (because at home, FSBb believes the speed limit on the main road is 25 mph instead of 45, and drives accordingly, and it also makes unplanned left hand turns off the road I travel back and forth every day. AP doesn't have these problems).

Yes, dry wipes are a problem at times when I don't have FSBb. Older versions than the current, 23.32.6, were worse.
What road has the wrong speed limit? I'll check it for you. Tesla has been better at updating map errors from OSM and other sources that it uses

• Helpful
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I mean the exact location of the road segment. I'm not concerned with real world signage. I want to look at Tesla' map sources online to see if there is an error.
Yes, I am trying to think of the best way to give you an answer. Mapping software doesn't do a great job labelling.

It is the road paralleling Id55 to the east, southeast of McCall, roughly the north to south section.

2022 nav software, btw.

Thanks!
Screenshot_20231006_124448_Chrome.jpg

Yes, I am trying to think of the best way to give you an answer. Mapping software doesn't do a great job labelling.

It is the road paralleling Id55 to the east, southeast of McCall, roughly the north to south section.

2022 nav software, btw.

Thanks!View attachment 980184
Farm to Market Road, 83 nodes, does not have any speed limit tags on Open Street Maps, so Tesla is assuming 25 mph. There's a thread somewhere on TMC that explains how to make edits on OSM (create a free account). Eventually Tesla will scrape the OSM database for updates and fix the speed limit glitch. Why your FSD isn't recognizing road signs, I have no idea. I assume that road has none?

Farm to Market Road, 83 nodes, does not have any speed limit tags on Open Street Maps, so Tesla is assuming 25 mph. There's a thread somewhere on TMC that explains how to make edits on OSM (create a free account). Eventually Tesla will scrape the OSM database for updates and fix the speed limit glitch. Why your FSD isn't recognizing road signs, I have no idea. I assume that road has none?
It has them. And, yes, FSD misses them. And just last night, it missed a posted speed change from 45 to 65 on US 95 north of McCall, but read the next one 5 miles further north.

Don't know!

Thanks, I will look into that.

Reactions: GSP and FSDtester#1
Got 11.4.7.2 today with new map software as well. Drove around town today with light to moderate traffic. Went to destinations I often go to and had good ride, not perfect, but very good. One problem that has reoccurred is the swinging or moving left to make a right tight turn, not as bad as it once was but worse that it has been recently. Making a left turn into a road at an oblique angle (60 degrees) the car for some reason began to make the turn and part way into the turn swerved back to the right, there was a car behind me so I took over and continued the left turn. I like the display changes, much easier to read, the lettering is sharper or maybe just larger not sure but I like it. Not having a problem with the wipers as others have reported.

Got 11.4.7.2 today with new map software as well. Drove around town today with light to moderate traffic. Went to destinations I often go to and had good ride, not perfect, but very good. One problem that has reoccurred is the swinging or moving left to make a right tight turn, not as bad as it once was but worse that it has been recently. Making a left turn into a road at an oblique angle (60 degrees) the car for some reason began to make the turn and part way into the turn swerved back to the right, there was a car behind me so I took over and continued the left turn. I like the display changes, much easier to read, the lettering is sharper or maybe just larger not sure but I like it. Not having a problem with the wipers as others have reported.
How do we change the font size? Mine got smaller..

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and Pdubs
Any way to force an update check?
You can check once a day by going to the software tab. Try it once and you will see a small delay as it calls the mothership. Try a subsequent time and it does not update.

There is nothing you can do to make it come any faster other than ensuring you have a good Wi-Fi signal for extended periods. And even then, if an update is available without Wi-Fi you will get a "connect to Wi-Fi" message.

Farm to Market. Speed limit 45 for the last 40 plus years.
There was a road near our cabin that it had wrong - thought it was 35 instead of 55. I made a correction on open street maps (which also had it wrong.) It took a while but the Tesla map has finally changed. My guess is there’s a mistake in one of the mapping databases that Tesla references.

FWIW, you can override the speed limit setting with the scroll wheel.

Question from a newbie: Is it normal if the “software” tab is telling me that I'm all up to date but showing the date of September 27? (I guess is the date of the last check?)
Any way to force an update check?

Thank you!!!
And you are what we call stuck. Sometimes the update check freezes.
I think the only fix would be a 2 button reboot. I can't remember for sure how we got past the frozen date bug. Strong wifi helps. Someone else surely will remember...
@JulienW probably does. Wait, forget it. He is still on version 10.2

Last edited:
And you are what we call stuck. Sometimes the update check freezes.
I think the only fix would be a 2 button reboot. I can't remember for sure how we got past the frozen date bug. Someone else surely will remember...
@JulienW probably does. Wait, forget it. He is still on version 10.2
ah! Interesting... and I guess is no coincidence that 9/27 is the same day I retrofitted the CCS1 ability changing the ECU (all DIY)... :rolleyes:

Reactions: FSDtester#1
You can check once a day by going to the software tab. Try it once and you will see a small delay as it calls the mothership. Try a subsequent time and it does not update.

There is nothing you can do to make it come any faster other than ensuring you have a good Wi-Fi signal for extended periods. And even then, if an update is available without Wi-Fi you will get a "connect to Wi-Fi" message.
Not only that, but I can check for an update at 10am - nothing, and then at 2pm get the notification in the phone app that there's an update. I can't say I've ever seen there be an update when manually checking in the car.

Not only that, but I can check for an update at 10am - nothing, and then at 2pm get the notification in the phone app that there's an update. I can't say I've ever seen there be an update when manually checking in the car.
Happened to me once. Checked at work one morning and it showed the update available. I was so antsy to get it, I hot spotted the car to my phone, went and played 18 holes and came back to it being installed.

only time though.

Turn phone sideways, ha ha ha
It’s a lot harder to type sideways, plus this awful black bar covers like 1/4th of the screen. Landscape is a no go for me.

IMG_2882.jpeg

do you have your software update preferences in the car set to Advanced? :cool:
I think that option is purely for Elon to laugh at people.
I can and have always been able to. Also people reported having to have auto highbeams to use beta. I have always been able to turn them both off with beta on.
I believe my Model Y doesn’t allow me to turn off auto high-beams with AP.
Turn your phone sideways
It’s hard enough to text and drive as it is with one hand on the phone outside of the camera view and other hand jerking off the steering yoke, no way I can turn this thing sideways and type without two hands 🤣🤣