Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
There will likely be more related issues so don't burn yourself out on the first instance.

I don't doubt it. I already saw some issues in other videos.

But I tried to line up the curb visualization with the Google map satellite image, and they line up accurately, so I'm still not sure how he is blaming the visualization for the rash:

Screenshot_20231217_143812_Photo Editor.jpg

I don't doubt it. I already saw some issues in other videos.

But I tried to line up the curb visualization with the Google map satellite image, and they line up accurately, so I'm still not sure how he is blaming the visualization on the rash:

View attachment 1000509

I’m not sure what your deal is but…

See how the car is lined up there? Where the car rendered the curb did not match the actual arc of the curb. You need to pivot the car to match reality. I took this photo as the car was stopped, cranked the wheel hard over to bring the front of the car closer to the curb and crunch…while the display still showed distance between the front wheel and the curb.

I guess I can infer that you think I purposely damaged my car in some nefarious plot to win internet points or something. Weird perspective but ok.

I don’t know how much experience you have with Vision parking aids (no USS) but it’s bad. Like bad, bad. I was pretty stoked to see this new render (see my prior posts of enthusiasm in this thread about high-res parking in my garage) and thought I’d give it a go. Didn’t go as planned.

Anyway I don’t have a vested interest on dying on a parking-assist hill. Ironically I have the opposite interest; I would like to divest myself of all things Tesla in the next year or two and the increased utility of Vision-based functions on my car should increase the resale value. Part of my enthusiasm this morning was “hey this might work!” Then crunch.

Edit: I did not further document any of this because I had no idea I’d be given the third degree on an Internet forum. I didn’t plan this “test” and thought the “results” might be of interest.

Strange article. He argues that AutoPilot makes Teslas less safe because they encourage inattention. Then he cites an academic article which concludes that when Tesla's published safety statistics are "adjusted" for highway vs city driving and the age of the owners, Tesla's are actually quite close to the national average safety. This would mean that AutoPilot does NOT increase risk.

I hope the article's author pays more attention when he is driving than he does when he researches and writes.

I’m not sure what your deal is but…

See how the car is lined up there? Where the car rendered the curb did not match the actual arc of the curb. You need to pivot the car to match reality. I took this photo as the car was stopped, cranked the wheel hard over to bring the front of the car closer to the curb and crunch…while the display still showed distance between the front wheel and the curb.

I guess I can infer that you think I purposely damaged my car in some nefarious plot to win internet points or something. Weird perspective but ok.

I don’t know how much experience you have with Vision parking aids (no USS) but it’s bad. Like bad, bad. I was pretty stoked to see this new render (see my prior posts of enthusiasm in this thread about high-res parking in my garage) and thought I’d give it a go. Didn’t go as planned.

Anyway I don’t have a vested interest on dying on a parking-assist hill. Ironically I have the opposite interest; I would like to divest myself of all things Tesla in the next year or two and the increased utility of Vision-based functions on my car should increase the resale value. Part of my enthusiasm this morning was “hey this might work!” Then crunch.

Edit: I did not further document any of this because I had no idea I’d be given the third degree on an Internet forum. I didn’t plan this “test” and thought the “results” might be of interest.
You really can't tell how the front wheels were angled when you stopped. Depending on the front suspensions construction, when you straighten the front wheels the car may actually row to the right a bit and hit the curb. Really too bad you trusted the Tesla engineers to take care of the details. I never trust the displays and always stop the car to check the actual situations when parking on curved curbs.

I haven't gotten .1 yet and now .3?
I'm guessing these .1, .2 and now .3 releases are incrementally adding more vehicle support. S/X Refresh and more HW4 vehicles were added with .2, but 2021 3 (without Ryzen) and 2015 S (with HW1) seem to be slower in getting these updates so far. If so, there shouldn't be a need for most people to install each of these versions, but Tesla will likely merge them later.

2023.44.30.3 is currently pending on the same TeslaFi vehicle that got 2023.44.25, 2023.44.30.2 and other versions early.

You really can't tell how the front wheels were angled when you stopped. Depending on the front suspensions construction, when you straighten the front wheels the car may actually row to the right a bit and hit the curb. Really too bad you trusted the Tesla engineers to take care of the details. I never trust the displays and always stop the car to check the actual situations when parking on curved curbs.
Lesson learned.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
And yet another Tesla fail. I’ll keep my USS, thank you very much.
Ultrasonic sensors donate do a thing for curbs.

It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the curb graphic is about as accurate as the estimated wheel path given on the backup camera. I'm in no way trying to argue that it's perfect but it's also something that hasn't been done before (to my knowledge) so saying they've failed when the first release isn't perfect is a bit premature, IMO.

I just did a couple hundred dollars of damage to my car because of Tesla’s lousy software. Believe what you like.

Correct. I had no intention of purposely testing this feature but I went to park and this very confident graphic showed up and I gave it a go. I know better than to trust Tesla‘s software and I paid for my mistake, financially. Lesson learned.
I'm sorry you scuffed your rim but honestly I think you need to accept some responsibility there. This is the first release of the parking visualizations, it comes with warnings and you said you didn't trust it but went ahead and trusted without checking. I don't trust the ultrasonic sensors or anything besides my eyes (and maybe a camera) to be accurate less than 6 inches.

I'm sorry you scuffed your rim but honestly I think you need to accept some responsibility there. This is the first release of the parking visualizations, it comes with warnings and you said you didn't trust it but went ahead and trusted without checking. I don't trust the ultrasonic sensors or anything besides my eyes (and maybe a camera) to be accurate less than 6 inches.
When did I say I wasn’t responsible for it?

I said it sucks. Both can be true at the same time.