Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
What fortuitous timing for such a bug eh, social media is currently ablaze

Maybe this is a plot to increase traffic on Twitter, the Tesla + X synergies are already happening
Yes, the timing is immense. Now, not a conspiracy theorist or anything but the actual bug might be the ability to get Disney+ back…

...A little while ago some Business Insider reporter asked for comments about the Evils of Supercharging. So, replied and said, "You're kidding, right?" and got a reply. There was some back-and-forth while I explained to this relatively clueless reporter how Supercharging really worked. The article she claimed she was working on never actually got printed.. my guess is, it wasn't negative or click-baitey enough.

In any case, she emailed me this morning. There's some report that, in the Theater app, the Disney+ ... was no longer present..m
"All the news that's fit to hit"

"Black Tesla" provides objective reports as well, unlike shill Whole Mars.

Just watched the video and it's not very encouraging, however, it does continue the line of junk!
I just want the new update so the USB drive can store 100 + light shows on 1 USB. The kids and friends love the shows, Mrs. FSDTESTER hates them and yells and screams when I play them at "11" in the driveway... Consider it a Christmas 🎄 present from Tesla to my wife!!!

BTW, anyone who knows a great divorce attorney, dm me after the holidays...

Edit: if I get the nutz, I will post an audio recording of the response from her when I set it to play 50 in a row.

I just want the new update so the USB drive can store 100 + light shows on 1 USB. The kids and friends love the shows, Mrs. FSDTESTER hates them and yells and screams when I play them at "11" in the driveway... Consider it a Christmas 🎄 present from Tesla to my wife!!!

BTW, anyone who knows a great divorce attorney, dm me after the holidays...

Edit: if I get the nutz, I will post an audio recording of the response from her when I set it to play 50 in a row.
If you get kicked out of the house in the settlement, you need to buy the one directly across the street. It wouldn't be right to deprive her of the Late Late Light Show!

I wasn't so lucky with 8.1. I'm driving a refreshed S, maybe that makes a difference?
We don't have very many reports yet on 2023.44.30.x (fsd 11.4.9). Have we heard of any with dry or no wipes on this version yet? Fingers crossed.

Oh, since it is NHTSA compliant, maybe we should call it FED 11.4.9. Or fed-up 11.4.9 if it is introducing the entire fleet to wiper wipe-out. ;-)

Wasn’t a test, I was just parking and this was the last space available. The graphic showed up and I foolishly trusted it.
There is no need to feed the trolls, there is plenty of click bait for them that contains actual issues. Like wipers.

(I suspect those wipe-outs were an experiment with a new detection algorithm. Some parameters were set randomly different between various fsd test users. I.e. Tesla was using us testers to dial it in in various areas, climates, weather, hardware variants, etc. If so, it'll work fine in 11.4.9, soon to be verified. Fingers crossed. I was lucky, no problems with it, so I don't complain about the complainers. In this vein, I think you reported 11.4.9 as good on wiping. Only one data point, but thank you for that too!)

Ultrasonic sensors donate do a thing for curbs.

It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the curb graphic is about as accurate as the estimated wheel path given on the backup camera. I'm in no way trying to argue that it's perfect but it's also something that hasn't been done before (to my knowledge) so saying they've failed when the first release isn't perfect is a bit premature, IMO.
I think the real issue here is the lack of true 360 top down vision like many other cars have had for many years. Tesla keeps trying to justify their lack of support for a basic feature by claiming they can do something better. Yet they have not. Maybe the will in the future. Perhaps they should have just added top down view as a stop gap until their software could actually do what they claim. For a company that is all in on vision, they seem to lack some basic vision.

Why have there been no reports of v11.4.9, given the number of shills/influencers that likely already received the holiday update?
Tesla Fi has ~20,000 of the 2+ million fleet, i.e. 1%. But still a good sample size even if not quite random.

The FSD tester versions (e.g. 2023.27.X) were going out to only around 5,000, so roughly 1 in 4 of TeslaFi. Updates typically rolled out sort of exponentially, 150, 300, 600, added each day, peaking around 1,000, unless it got restarted with a .2 version due to a bug. At this rate it took only a few days for all of us testers to get on board once they flushed out the bugs.

Now, 2024.44.30 appears to be going out to all 20,000, and keeps getting reset, now up to .4. So it may take 4 times as long, starting after they stop fixing the .x glitches.

Even wide releases (like 2023.44.1 with 9,000+ installs) peaked under 2,000 installs per day. At that rate it'll take 10 days or so to install on most of the fleet. So Christmas may come a bit late for us, sigh. My point is that it was quicker when we were special. Welcome back to the production branch.

2,000 installs on TeslaFi implies ~200,000 installs per day in total. I can understand Tesla not wanting any common bugs in there, hence the .x's. but that is a decent chunk of bandwidth for the servers. 40Gb/sec, if each install is 2GB, I think.