Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I must have gotten off the naughty list. After re-installing FSD 11.4.7.3 two hours ago, I just got a notice that 2023.44.30.6 (FSD 11.4.9) is available for download.

Thanks Elon for the Holiday update!
Interestingly, I was near dead last to get 2023.44.30.2; I just got 2023.44.30.5.1 tonight. Over at Teslafi, there's a seriously large number of people getting moved onto both 6.1 and 5.1 tonight.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
The app for my car was showing "Install 2023.44.30.6" but when I said "Go!" via that app, it said "schedule software update failed." So I went to the car, verified that it was connected to WiFi, and started the update from there. First time I've ever had to try that. Looks like that approach may have worked. We'll see how it goes. Hoping they didn't push it out so hard that their servers start falling over in the middle of the update.

FYI, our car has been on 2023.27.7 and the associated FSD version for that release since September when we bought the car.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Indeed. Which makes it all the more hilarious when people say that rebooting the car after an update is recommended. Like… wtf.
Right after..and I mean within a few minutes...nothing would work in our car after the latest update. The only thing I could do is reboot..and it worked..Just dumb luck? ir a coincidental moment...

The app for my car was showing "Install 2023.44.30.6" but when I said "Go!" via that app, it said "schedule software update failed." So I went to the car, verified that it was connected to WiFi, and started the update from there. First time I've ever had to try that. Looks like that approach may have worked. We'll see how it goes. Hoping they didn't push it out so hard that their servers start falling over in the middle of the update.

FYI, our car has been on 2023.27.7 and the associated FSD version for that release since September when we bought the car.
The update appears to have worked. We'll see how it behaves when we drive it tomorrow.

.6 installing on my Model Y, HW4 now. I stopped using FSD today it was so bad so we'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm going to do a full power cycle after the upgrade to see if that has any affect.
Lol, it was bad today. That’s funny, because it was never not bad for me in 2021 MS

I must have gotten off the naughty list. After re-installing FSD 11.4.7.3 two hours ago, I just got a notice that 2023.44.30.6 (FSD 11.4.9) is available for download.

Thanks Elon for the Holiday update!
Thanks for what? Is there a changelog for this? My release notes just say “minor fixes”.