Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Is everyone experiencing a regression with FSD reading speed limit signs intended for trucks only? Ex. Truck speed limit 20MPH yet the speed limit for regular traffic stays at say 45? This was working great for me till the last two updates, now the car wants to slow to the lower speed limit Every time it sees a similar sign.

At this point, Teslafi shows two additional US cars for a grand total of three. That makes 1% of the rollout going to US vehicles and an insignificant percentage of the US fleet. Perhaps this will expand, but so far, the rollout still appears to be predominately for European cars. Perhaps there is some fix peculiar to them.
European cars and 3 European expats

Is everyone experiencing a regression with FSD reading speed limit signs intended for trucks only? Ex. Truck speed limit 20MPH yet the speed limit for regular traffic stays at say 45? This was working great for me till the last two updates, now the car wants to slow to the lower speed limit Every time it sees a similar sign.
I don't see limit for trucks but 20 mph limit is applied on actual 45 mph yesterday.

Reactions: Pdubs
I've also had a similar issue with FSD reading a speed minimum sign as the speed limit on a stretch of Northern State Pkwy in NY.

Reactions: Pdubs
To the contrary, it actually reads white speed limit signs for me. Florida doesn't have a split speed limit because it's dumb, but even in my development, it picks up the speed limit whereas before it'd be 25.

I am just thrilled that FSD finally slows down for speed humps on my street. I miss being able to silence the nag by nudging the volume control wheel, however. But I have to keep my hands in the wheel anyway when I drive at night so I can flashback every third car who thinks I’m driving with my brights on.
I can definitely silence the nag using the volume wheel in my 2022 S.

The morning commute was weird this morning.
Not long after joining the highway, in the right lane and FSD does its party trick (and human d*ck move) of signaling and moving at the same time, when presenting a "Changing lanes to avoid Merge".
That would be great, but the merge for this junction was replaced months ago so didn't exist - I also had minimize lane changes enabled.
Every junction (10-12 of them) after that on the journey still had merges, but I never saw the message again.
It sure would be nice to get consistency rather than playing "guess the reaction" every time.

My FSD failed spectacularly at making a U-turn today. When it was my turn to make a turn, the car moved forward by an inch while frantically turning the wheel. I pushed the accelerator to move the car into the intersection, at which point the car freaked out and made a left turn in a hurry as if the U-turn was completely erased from its memory.

My FSD failed spectacularly at making a U-turn today. When it was my turn to make a turn, the car moved forward by an inch while frantically turning the wheel. I pushed the accelerator to move the car into the intersection, at which point the car freaked out and made a left turn in a hurry as if the U-turn was completely erased from its memory.

I didn't realize FSD Beta could make U-turns. Mine always stops and asks me to complete the maneuver.

Chuck Cook keeps trying to have FSD make a U-turn, but it hasn't happened yet.
I have had FSD successfully make a U-turn once in Santa Fe, NM. It was a special case of a multi-lane road that ended in a Tee. The nav routed the car down the multi-lane road and needed to make the U-turn at the top of the Tee. Amazingly, the car actually made the turn with no intervention. This was last summer on, I believe 11.3.6 or 11.4.4, I don't recall which.

I think what helped was the turning radius was very wide in this case. It was wider that the U-turn that Chuck Cook attempts.