Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
So I'm still with the poor relatives on 2023.44.30.8 but I have to say this is the best FSDj I've had to date. And don't tell my wife about my dating habits, please. But......on my last four 150-mile interstate commutes I have not gotten a single warning, not for eyes, pay attention, wheel hands, nothing, nada, zilch.........used to be that way with NOA before we had FSDb.

So I'm still with the poor relatives on 2023.44.30.8 but I have to say this is the best FSDj I've had to date. And don't tell my wife about my dating habits, please. But......on my last four 150-mile interstate commutes I have not gotten a single warning, not for eyes, pay attention, wheel hands, nothing, nada, zilch.........used to be that way with NOA before we had FSDb.
But were you using it on the drive or was the junk just along for the ride?

I suspect you might mean "can not get it *yet*."
Pretty sure cars in that situation won't be dead-ended WRT FSD. Honestly, waiting for FSD V12 might be for the best anyway, because FSD V11 was a nightmare.
It looks like there may be a forked scenario that has happened in the past where higher firmware versions got fewer point release updates than the lower firmware. So when you get v12 the others will get several point releases you may never see. On the flip side, those vehicles received QOL features and improvements that were not FSD related way before the early FSD group.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I don’t expect 12 to get a wide release especially with Whole Mars Catalog being disappointed and this latest video below. Most likely we won’t see it for 2 months when we are starved for anything however bad it is finally released, people will swear how mind blowing it is and v13 will bring Tesla $400 a share.

Teslafi indicates 12 is dead and we all get to enjoy 11.

I am on the Track Package version of this software release, and I have little hope of ever getting off of it.

Software Engineer 1: Your Kingship, it is 2036 now, do you think we can upgrade the Model S Plaid people who have the Track Package now?

King Muskedine: Let them wait, they were foolish enough to “invest” in the track pac umm k pa gurgle kag (urn) eeeeee (King Muskedine drools all over the floor and software engineer 1).

Software Engineer 2: Software Engineer 1, I think his majesty has been snorting shrooms and ketamine mixed with cocaine and bovine urine.

King Muskedine: eye wuz notttttt…what is youze saainggggg. I nver tsted pissative evan 1nce. I fur you atfer iz woke pu frm dis legly purrscribded mdcnidnen.

(King Muskedine starts swimming in his vomit and then passes out)

Software Engineer 1: Do you think we should get his nose and mouth out of the vomit?

Software Engineer 2: No, this happens all the time. King Muskedine gets angry if he doesn’t have something to eat when he wakes up.

Software Engineer 1: How stupid people who bought the Model S Track Package are.

Software Engineer 2: Oh, that’s right. I think tha…

(Slurping sounds begin emanating from the floor)

Software Engineer 1: The King is waking up, we’d better get out of here.

King Muskedine: keeen sumones get me a spoon?

(Both engineers bolt out of the King’s antechamber)

Fade to Black

Yea man that's cool so......bring on 11.420 so we can chill and don't have to sweat it out while tripping about v12.69.

I am on the Track Package version of this software release, and I have little hope of ever getting off of it.

Software Engineer 1: Your Kingship, it is 2036 now, do you think we can upgrade the Model S Plaid people who have the Track Package now?

King Muskedine: Let them wait, they were foolish enough to “invest” in the track pac umm k pa gurgle kag (urn) eeeeee (King Muskedine drools all over the floor and software engineer 1).

Software Engineer 2: Software Engineer 1, I think his majesty has been snorting shrooms and ketamine mixed with cocaine and bovine urine.

King Muskedine: eye wuz notttttt…what is youze saainggggg. I nver tsted pissative evan 1nce. I fur you atfer iz woke pu frm dis legly purrscribded mdcnidnen.

(King Muskedine starts swimming in his vomit and then passes out)

Software Engineer 1: Do you think we should get his nose and mouth out of the vomit?

Software Engineer 2: No, this happens all the time. King Muskedine gets angry if he doesn’t have something to eat when he wakes up.

Software Engineer 1: How stupid people who bought the Model S Track Package are.

Software Engineer 2: Oh, that’s right. I think tha…

(Slurping sounds begin emanating from the floor)

Software Engineer 1: The King is waking up, we’d better get out of here.

King Muskedine: keeen sumones get me a spoon?

(Both engineers bolt out of the King’s antechamber)

Fade to Black
I loved Shakespeare in high school, my favorite was Cliff’s notes.

Horrible driver error. Going 2MPH gives the driver over a second to react. Clearly it was not lined up for the spot or anything else. I "pressed the brake" the first time I watched it. Uncomfortable = disengage
It could be the pillar blind spot and who knows how FSD reacts especially when it does a sudden pause and twitch. Some people are more confident than others at the expense of paying for and being a beta tester. After seeing numerous accidents on autopilot and FSD, I no longer am as brave.

On the current V11 version, I noticed two interesting behaviors:

1) Approaching a brand new traffic light that was recently installed but is inactive (there are bags covering the lights), FSD Beta detected the traffic light and stopped. I got the "stopping for traffic light" message on the screen. I needed to press the accelerator to make the car go. So FSD beta 11 knows there is a traffic light from the cameras but does not know that the traffic light is inactive and should be ignored.

2) When approaching a railroad crossing, with no traffic, no train coming, sometimes FSD beta stops at the stop line for the railroad crossing and sometimes it just keeps going. I have no idea why FSD beta sometimes stops and sometimes does not stop as the conditions seem identical in both cases.