Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD rewrite will go out on Oct 20 to limited beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They seem to be targeting people who have large followings on social media.

Hmmm I don't agree with this. Tesla owners SV and brandone don't have large followings. I personally don't understand why or how those two were selected.

The beta definitely seems dangerous if you're not hypervigilant, so as much as I'd like to try it out, I'll let the others document their trials :D

This is getting close to the quality that we’ll get once we begin to start teaching chimpanzees to drive.. after a few years of training. ;-)

Not bad at all. But, that was an empty parking lot, with 1 car crossing in front of it. The real test is when the lot is full with many cars coming and going, and from what I've seen, Smart Summon doesn't behave very smartly in that scenario.

Where have you seen anyone at Tesla express the desire for lidar?
did you miss all the sightings of lidar-equipped mules?

In my view lidar and high resolution radar are two sensors that are very similar in the output. So if you want one the other one would work as well.

Also tesla engineers are not allowed to speak in the open about anything anyway.

In my view lidar and high resolution radar are two sensors that are very similar in the output. So if you want one the other one would work as well.

Also tesla engineers are not allowed to speak in the open about anything anyway.
So basically, you just made $#!t up about "bunch of material that many of you would find resembling output of a sensor that Tesla cannot include due to perceived loss of face."

Good to know!

[note: the logic disconnect, Tesla has mules with actual physical lidar out driving in public for whatever reason, and THAT is not embarrassing to them. but having a more powerful radar needs to be "hidden to save face" ]

So far I haven't seen any good videos of this release. Does anyone have something long and unedited? These are all clips of one turn or one experience for a min with screaming.

I cant see if fsd is actually being useful or if it just worked one time. Show me the whole drive... I want to see how useful it is. I want to see mistakes.

I am thinking they read this forum maybe.

Do you have a cost comparison between hi-res radar and lidar? Perhaps that would shed light, or maybe not.

So far I haven't seen any good videos of this release. Does anyone have something long and unedited? These are all clips of one turn or one experience for a min with screaming.

I cant see if fsd is actually being useful or if it just worked one time. Show me the whole drive... I want to see how useful it is. I want to see mistakes.

I am thinking they read this forum maybe.
All the videos from Brandon https://twitter.com/Brandonee916 are on his YouTube and are not edited.
https://www.youtube.com/user/bmw511/featured

• Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka
So basically, you just made $#!t up about "bunch of material that many of you would find resembling output of a sensor that Tesla cannot include due to perceived loss of face."

Good to know!

[note: the logic disconnect, Tesla has mules with actual physical lidar out driving in public for whatever reason, and THAT is not embarrassing to them. but having a more powerful radar needs to be "hidden to save face" ]
I don't view it like that. But you are free to jump to whatever conclusions you like of course.

If you don't find high resolution radar output similar to lidar output, I can't really help you see.