Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I read disengagements, I don't think it was in the context of him having to manually disengage to avoid a safety incident. I think he was saying it was red-hands "take over immediately" kind of system faults.
In the X Spaces discussion, he mentioned having more safety takeovers than V11. This latest video was milktoast. hardly any other cars. Slow speeds. Some pedestrians and cyclists, but, since it's a work day, very few of them at the tourist sites he drives through.

I get that V12 has some nice vehicle control and is smoooooth as silk, but let's see how it does with some real traffic.

Maybe the next video...

But everyone knows - nobody comes to a full stop in California (or elsewhere for that matter) unless you have to wait your turn. Didn't someone at Tesla point out > 99% of people don't come to a full stop ?
Yup. Elon. He was reporting upon the NHTSA requirement that all FSD cars had to come to a full stop at each and every stop sign. Tesla had and showed to the NHTSA no kidding, irrefutable, hard data that, pretty much, nobody ever came to a full stop at a stop sign. And expressed both frustration and a "Get a load of this!" reactions to the NHTSA doubling down on the requirement anyway.

Reactions: ArchHamster
In the X Spaces discussion, he mentioned having more safety takeovers than V11. This latest video was milktoast. hardly any other cars. Slow speeds. Some pedestrians and cyclists, but, since it's a work day, very few of them at the tourist sites he drives through.

I get that V12 has some nice vehicle control and is smoooooth as silk, but let's see how it does with some real traffic.

Maybe the next video...

Got it, I was going off of your summary and thought these two sentences were referring to the same disengagements "Omar discussed how he has more safety related disconnects with V12 than V11. He stated that it was poor on highways in heavy rain, throwing up a lot of red hands takeover messages."

Hopefully that's removed when it goes out to everyone. There's a ton of spots here in DC where it has the speed limit at 15 mph on a ramp merging into a highway that I have to manually override.

I feel like the initial release is gonna be a bit of a hassle to relearn all the quarks.
That’s how you know it’ll be a quantum leap
in performance

I'm quoting Elon. So, apparently, you want Elon to read a little more before he says things? Glad we have a STED member on the board to enlighten us all.
First you said “what we are seeing is AGI,” not “Elon said ‘this is AGI.’”

Secondly, Elon has clearly shown he is no AI expert. He has said many, many things since 2015 that show his grasp of machine learning and neural nets is tenuous. Does he hire and rely on many AI experts to produce his Advance Driver Assist System feature for Tesla automobiles? Absolutely. But outside of being an early tester I am confident he’s never contributed one iota of content in the development of FSD.

Why do you assume his grasp of AGI is any better than that of conventional machine learning. Just listen to the podcasts he does, like with Joe Rogan. Sure he’s a visionary when it comes to marshaling money and resources to bleeding edge technology, but he’s clearly no AI expert. And if he had said FSD was AGI, then it would just have been further proof that this was the case.

Excuse me if this has already been disclosed/discussed:

Omar did a spaces right when he got V12, during this, he said:

1) someone from Tesla AI called him on his phone and told him they're sending V12 to his car and to confirm his VIN
2) they said that it's a very early/rough build of V12 and to expect problems
3) they also said the nags are taken up to 11 because of how early/rough the build is
rather interesting - by definition, 'influencers' have a lot of people who follow/watch/listen to them. Generally, the purpose of sending stuff to influencers is so they can 'influence.' it's free advertising for the company. I'm trying to figure out what the purpose of sending an early, more buggy version of FSD 12 out to an influencer would be.

He needs to show us the safety disengagements he has been talking about
haha you will never see it. The same is the case when he tweets "FSD was beyond terrible today" but you would never see these "terrible" videos. Only when he's driving with another youtuber where he is forced to upload. You're better off waiting for the wide release to get a better picture of its performance.

michael-jordan-lol.gif

rather interesting - by definition, 'influencers' have a lot of people who follow/watch/listen to them. Generally, the purpose of sending stuff to influencers is so they can 'influence.' it's free advertising for the company. I'm trying to figure out what the purpose of sending an early, more buggy version of FSD 12 out to an influencer would be.
If the particular influencer can be trusted to put as positive a spin as possible on the early (buggy) version, that would achieve the purpose of putting out positive spin in an information vacuum.

The latest changes really have made it more of a chore to use FSD without improving my focus (and at times disrupting my focus.) As such I view them as a failure.

As such, the handlers of the NHTSA view these changes as an unqualified success: the 'Fun Police', dropping a turd in the punch bowl, cockatiels, pick your aphorism of choice...

Reactions: pilotSteve
Tesla only has itself to blame for the NHTSA action, with the very loose and risky deployment of this ADAS technology from the public statements to lack of controls down right to the naming conventions

It wasn’t so long ago that Elon was scoffing at the idea of using the cabin camera for eye tracking at all

Reactions: Matias and lzolman