Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When are the USS cars getting this stuff? The USS has been disabled on the cars for awhile now
USS is not impacting the v12 rollout. Some early M3's have both USS and FSD V12. I believe it is the lack of an internal camera preventing v12 on those cars for some seriously misguided and uncommunicated reason. I'm not aware of any v12 deployment to cars lacking the internal cam.

Maybe someday. My service advisor suggested all pre-2022 MS/MX cars make a service appointment to fix - right. 😖

I feel that something is a bit off with the cosmos today.

Omar wasn't entirely thrilled with his first drive on the new release, and even said it might be worse.

Meanwhile, @Ramphex thinks v12 is not junk and might be worth using.

This is all a little eerie; I hope the sun comes up tomorrow.
Remember that sometimes (often?) users here and elsewhere are reporting their impressions after only one drive. So a single instance of good behavior or bad behavior could totally influence their opinion.

To be fair, that's kind of an odd orientation for a ladder in the road (as pictured in the thumbnail).

V12.3 drove around a bicycle that someone had dropped in the road in DC last week for me.

FSD should reliably detect it and respond appropriately especially for something that large. There is plenty of time at those slow speeds versus approaching it at freeway speeds. I'm okay with continuing 12.3.1's download but that's a significant fail. Maybe there wasn't enough color contrast between the aluminum and light colored pavement? The sun was at the back and it seemed to have some bright light reflection and even cast a shadow. It is bizarre.

FSD 12.3.1 chose the wrong lane and attempted to correct itself. While it tried to correct itself, it headed right for the truck so I took over to train it. This is an example of the importance of always paying close attention when teaching FSD.​

She actually thinks she is "teaching" and "training" FSD ;)

Unless she is being simplistic for the audience ...

Well the USS on my vehicle isn’t accurate at all then because it says I’m 20 inches away from object when I’m only like 5 inches away, that’s why I thought it was using the old camera update

It still beeps when I’m close but that’s all it does
What type of object? USS has always been inaccurate.

Edit to add: can be very inaccurate based on situation.

Last edited:
FSD 12.3.1 chose the wrong lane and attempted to correct itself. While it tried to correct itself, it headed right for the truck so I took over to train it. This is an example of the importance of always paying close attention when teaching FSD.​

If people don't disengage, then Tesla won't get the data on what doesn't work and the training and test data sets will not get updated.
That this cycle doesn't happen in the car is likely a level of detail few drivers care about...

Hopefully just simplifying things. Indirectly over a longer time horizon we’re “training” it by offering feedback via disengagements to identify areas of insufficient training.

A lot of people have some big misconceptions about how the feedback and training loop works…

No - they should use all disengagement data - but you can if there was any peculiarity. No body knows how they use voice reports.
Oh thats not good from me then lol, FSD still makes me nervous so I disengage even if I think it’s about to do something slightly wrong

I disengaged yesterday just because it touched the center line in the road

No - they should use all disengagement data - but you can if there was any peculiarity. No body knows how they use voice reports.
Not arguing too hard with the ‘Nobody knows’ part.

But given the existence of non-speaker dependent voice to text tech, I’ve always had the idea that one ends up with a searchable database of comments. The better to track down specific problems, don’t you know.

Of course, such a database can be corrupted by people who fill it up with expletives. Or disengage when nothing is actually happening, just to waste Tesla’s time. But that why lots of data helps.

But given the existence of non-speaker dependent voice to text tech, I’ve always had the idea that one ends up with a searchable database of comments. The better to track down specific problems, don’t you know.

Of course, such a database can be corrupted by people who fill it up with expletives. Or disengage when nothing is actually happening, just to waste Tesla’s time. But that why lots of data helps.
I wish Tesla would give us even the slightest bit of feedback on this. For example, I often disengage to go a certain route that the nav doesn't want to take, and I don't leave a voice note because I'm thinking maybe Tesla will then ignore that disengagement. Is that what they actually do though? Who knows...

I wish Tesla would give us even the slightest bit of feedback on this. For example, I often disengage to go a certain route that the nav doesn't want to take, and I don't leave a voice note because I'm thinking maybe Tesla will then ignore that disengagement. Is that what they actually do though? Who knows...
I always try to give Tesla the reason for the voluntary disengagement. I assume if I don't explain that I want to take a different route, Tesla will think there is some inherent issue in FSD that caused me to disengage the software.

Reactions: lzolman
I always try to give Tesla the reason for the voluntary disengagement. I assume if I don't explain that I want to take a different route, Tesla will think there is some inherent issue in FSD that caused me to disengage the software.
Fair enough, and you may be right. Just saying though, when you step back and think about it, it's remarkable how little we know about the process. Seriously, help us help you, Tesla!