Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree, it was made abundantly clear that there wasn't even going to be a cross country demo until the end of 2017, at the earliest. The video was meant as a very small scale demo of the autopilot 2 hardware. In no way, shape, or form was a complete full self driving software suite promised to consumers before this.

Here's an update today:
Elon Musk on Twitter

None of the above is factual. Its all uncorroborated opinion and a twitter citation. I disagree with your disagreement on the ambiguity or lack thereof, of claims regarding:

1. Elon's coast to coast FSD demo. I can't even believe you'd be doing this while EVEN ELON admits to having egg on his face. Wow. Just wow.

2. The video(s!) were demonstrations of what they were selling. Seriously? You're relying on bogus nuance between hardware and software? While you may be patting yourself on the back for thinking the software you were buying wasn't being demoed and it was just some other software on the hardware you were buying. Kudos. Unfortunately for Tesla, that's not how the law works. Tesla should've openly disclosed whether the software is the same as what they offer. What @JeffK is basically saying is that Tropicana could show an ad with amazing orange orange juice and then actually sell people pee in a box and its ok because they never said it was orange juice. They just showed orange juice but people should've known Tropicana Full Orange Experience was really just pee. They were actually planting the orchard when the ad was being shown to people buying the boxes of "OJ." You'll get your actual orange juice when the trees are ready in 3 months, definitely 6.

I could go on but probably shouldn't.

None of the above is factual. Its all uncorroborated opinion and a twitter citation. I disagree with your disagreement on the ambiguity or lack thereof, of claims regarding:

1. Elon's coast to coast FSD demo. I can't even believe you'd be doing this while EVEN ELON admits to having egg on his face. Wow. Just wow.

2. The video(s!) were demonstrations of what they were selling. Seriously? You're relying on bogus nuance between hardware and software? While you may be patting yourself on the back for thinking the software you were buying wasn't being demoed and it was just some other software on the hardware you were buying. Kudos. Unfortunately for Tesla, that's not how the law works. Tesla should've openly disclosed whether the software is the same as what they offer. What @JeffK is basically saying is that Tropicana could show an ad with amazing orange orange juice and then actually sell people pee in a box and its ok because they never said it was orange juice. They just showed orange juice but people should've known Tropicana Full Orange Experience was really just pee. They were actually planting the orchard when the ad was being shown to people buying the boxes of "OJ." You'll get your actual orange juice when the trees are ready in 3 months, definitely 6.

I could go on but probably shouldn't.
It's not a nuance, I'm not even sure how much more explicit they need to be.
DWjGsX5.png

As far as timing on a demo... who cares? That has no bearing on whether or not the original video was "faked". He never said you'd get FSD in 3-6 months... he said full self driving features will diverge from enhanced autopilot in 3-6 months. He was wrong about this. However that was never a promise on actual full self driving (like what was demonstrated in the video).
Elon Musk on Twitter

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Swift and ABC2D
The main issue is that the longer it takes the more screwed people who already bought it are.

Eventually it will become a problem, especially when sales staff are saying "6 months".

Last edited: