Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well on the brighter side they aren’t going to run out anytime soon because you can’t buy a car anywhere even if you wanted too. Another note. People will be playing Russian roulette with used cars from dealers because if a used car already received a rebate it can’t get another. So people should be weary. I don’t know if there is a way to check.
Bold empasis mine. That's a good point and I hadn't thought of that problem yet. Yes, how to tell? Where to find out? Hmmm.

Well, my adventure in Tesla-world timing continues, but this time is a remarkably good way. I checked this morning, more to torture myself, and my MYP EDD miraculously went from Nov. 9th-Jan. 4th yesterday, to today a VIN being assigned and a new EDD of July 14th-July 18th. Not going to ask what happened, but will just say thank you. Wow. Now I will just hope for Michelin tires!

Reactions: Bikeman and BGOwner
Looks like I'll be an end of quarter delivery. EDD is now Aug 26 - Sep 30 for a MYLR/Blue/Tow/19"/5 Seat/No FSD OD: 1/26/22.
Screenshot_20220704-194603_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: BGOwner
Seems that a lot of us have posted their cars getting delivered months earlier than anticipated. My EDD of Nov. 27 - Jan. 22 has not changed in over 6 weeks. Frankly, I would rather it be even later since dead of Chicago winter, and no usable garage, is not ideal timing, to say the least. Though if I get the news that it will arrive early Nov. (or sooner) I'll be rushing over there. The car we intend to sell to make room for it is no longer going up in price much (Lexus CT200h). We're keeping the Prime since it is always way over 200mpg.

Doesn't the buyer have to fill out some form and provide the VIN? If that VIN had already been granted a rebate it should be an easy catch and denial.
Yes, and the Illinois EPA is also adding (at some point...hopefully sooner than later) a VIN look-up tool to deal with this as well, so if you are looking at a used EV you can just enter the VIN and it will tell you if it has already received a prior rebate.

Yes, and the Illinois EPA is also adding (at some point...hopefully sooner than later) a VIN look-up tool to deal with this as well, so if you are looking at a used EV you can just enter the VIN and it will tell you if it has already received a prior rebate.
Hopefully they add that feature sooner rather than later although I looked at the used market last week and quickly said forget it. There is no way I'm paying 83k + tax and higher interest rates for used for a 22 MYP.

The car we intend to sell to make room for it is no longer going up in price much (Lexus CT200h). We're keeping the Prime since it is always way over 200mpg.
I’m in the same boat with my car. I’m trying to minimize the mileage accrued so I’ll keep my trade in value a little higher or better for my car but it is also my DD, mine’s a Kia and even though it is not one of the in demand models from the Korean maker, if everything goes well, my trade in value will still be way more than what I paid for it 2 years ago which is crazy. Hopefully the used car market stays as it is but even if my trade in goes down, as long as the value is similar to what I paid for it when I bought it, I’m happy.😁

MYP White/White (was originally MYLR switched to MYP a week ago)
Order Date: November 2021
EDD: July 19 - August 02

The timeframe is within two weeks. Do you think it will move much or will I receive it around this time?
I don't see how anyone could even begin to have an answer. Not only is nothing with Tesla ever consistent enough to guess at an answer, it being the beginning of a quarter where not one person has received a car yet there is even less to base a guess on when they will start delivering cars. historically the first 2-3 weeks of a quarter are very slow. This one feels even more different to me. There has been pretty much nothing. I hope it changes soon and If Tesla is really going to have a record third quarter like some are guessing I don't see how they cant step it up soon. Good luck

Reactions: Logic335
Trying to put this car out of my mind but driving a borrowed 1990 two tone, single cab, long bed, fluid leaking, Chevy Silverado reminds me every time I leave the house! I can't help but feel like the top half of Illinois is more of a 4 month wait for MYP than 3 month. It's getting harder, with no EDD changes almost ever and no faith in a sooner rather than later situation. Just another day in Tesla world

Trying to put this car out of my mind but driving a borrowed 1990 two tone, single cab, long bed, fluid leaking, Chevy Silverado reminds me every time I leave the house! I can't help but feel like the top half of Illinois is more of a 4 month wait for MYP than 3 month. It's getting harder, with no EDD changes almost ever and no faith in a sooner rather than later situation. Just another day in Tesla world
Actually that's not a bad EDD given May Order Date. We ordered March 23 and are only a couple weeks ahead of you

Actually that's not a bad EDD given May Order Date. We ordered March 23 and are only a couple weeks ahead of you
Well your almost a month on the farthest date. And ordered a little over a month before me, so there’s nothing special about my EDD compared to yours. That’s my point. Not just me, but everyone in Illinois, probably a 4 month average. . Many people are getting cars in 3 months or less.

Well your almost a month on the farthest date. And ordered a little over a month before me, so there’s nothing special about my EDD compared to yours. That’s my point. Not just me, but everyone in Illinois, probably a 4 month average. . Many people are getting cars in 3 months or less.
Which wouldn’t be a huge deal if you expected it, but Tesla leads you to believe it’s 2-3 months when you order so you try to plan accordingly when it really 4-5 months for my area. Understanding if something happens that they were unaware of but this is not a one off it the average and they are aware of it

See post #465. Today my EDD went from Nov. 2022 - Jan 2023 to... April - July 2023. Ugh! At least it looks like it won't arrive in the dead of winter afterall. If true, and it won't be, that means an up to 15 month wait time from the April 2022 order date.

See post #465. Today my EDD went from Nov. 2022 - Jan 2023 to... April - July 2023. Ugh! At least it looks like it won't arrive in the dead of winter afterall. If true, and it won't be, that means an up to 15 month wait time from the April 2022 order date.
Crazy. I was just reading someone’s post. Same situation as you. Except 16 months. They ordered last July. Moved to September- November. Nothing special just MYLR. Not sure why some people go an unacceptable amount of time compared to others getting lucky and not waiting at all. Bad management.

Last I talked with an SA at the Naperville/Lisle store they indicated that all the orders were moved up several months as they understood the parts shortages were being dealt with plus factory output was greater as we move through 2022. Looks as if he was massively misinformed. I know that may be a surprise to everyone that SA's can get bogus information. ;)