Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting to get my VIN to have my agent see what Nationwide gives me. MY ICE car is not bad at all with them. But since I don't drive that many miles a year, and not Over Aggressive, (Just semi Aggressive), been thinking of going with Tesla Insurance, just no clue what that cost is either.
I'm about $65 a month with a score of 97 and max liability. I have no accidents charged to me. I'm also currently low miles. Progressive started at near that rate but raised the rate $100-200 every six month. State Farm was double.

A major reason to use Tesla Insurance is that repairs to our vehicle is more expensive than average and Geico in particular doesn't want to pay the Tesla certified autobody rate. I was hit by a Geico insured driver and learned from that experience I want my insurer to be specialized in Tesla. At that point I had Progressive. Unlike Geico, I found Progressive to be honest but clearly an insurance discounter. I had to manage the process without mistakes to make Geico pay in full.

I assume the Nationwide Tesla team will be more versed in Geico nonsense.

Unfortunately repairs to Tesla is still more like a damaged Porsche than an F150. This situation will improve with EV volume, but is still a PIA today.

• Informative
Reactions: BGOwner
Order date was April 19th, so I missed the included mobile connector kit by two days :mad:
MY LR While/Black/Gemini.
EDD is Jan. - April 2023. Ugh.
Didn’t see any recent Chicago area VINs. I think @GBwaiting and I are the oldest Chicago area orders around here. Both ordered Aug 31 but completed profile about 2 months later.

I am thinking, that at this point, I may try to hold out for after a July 1 delivery and get that $4k Illinois EV rebate.

Didn’t see any recent Chicago area VINs. I think @GBwaiting and I are the oldest Chicago area orders around here. Both ordered Aug 31 but completed profile about 2 months later.

I am thinking, that at this point, I may try to hold out for after a July 1 delivery and get that $4k Illinois EV rebate.
I've got you beat by a day with an OD of 8/30 and PC of 10/1. My EDD updated on Monday to 5/15-5/29.

For all you Chicagoans, do you have any advice on if Highland Park or Libertyville is a better facility, easier to access, avoid tolls etc., for delivery? I'm coming down from Milwaukee and they map out at just a few miles difference in distance for me. If you have advice on which is a nicer facility for pick-up, I'd love to hear it.

I've got you beat by a day with an OD of 8/30 and PC of 10/1. My EDD updated on Monday to 5/15-5/29.

For all you Chicagoans, do you have any advice on if Highland Park or Libertyville is a better facility, easier to access, avoid tolls etc., for delivery? I'm coming down from Milwaukee and they map out at just a few miles difference in distance for me. If you have advice on which is a nicer facility for pick-up, I'd love to hear it.
Highland Park is just off 94. If you are coming down 94, there is 1 toll to get there. To Libertyville, its couple of miles off 94, I dont recall if there is a Toll coming from the north. Never been to Libertyville location, I ordered from Highland Park and have been there a couple of times.

Would love to hear of anyone has had any experience picking up at either one.

Reactions: Electromotive
Ordered MYLR MSM Black interior, Gemini wheels with no FSD, no tow 5 seats on 3/17 but was on hold...released it early April and completed my profile; hopefully the March 17 hold still counts as an order and will still get the mobile charger. EDD was the Jan-Apr 2023 as stated on the site, recently added the White interior option and now my EDD moved up to Nov 22-Jan 23. Not holding my breath for a Nov delivery. Expected to be more in Jan 2023.

Picked mine up at Westmont Tesla. Nice people and simple transaction. As for tolls, not sure you can go anywhere in/through Chicago without paying tolls. Is what it is.

Highland Park is just off 94. If you are coming down 94, there is 1 toll to get there. To Libertyville, its couple of miles off 94, I dont recall if there is a Toll coming from the north. Never been to Libertyville location, I ordered from Highland Park and have been there a couple of times.

Would love to hear of anyone has had any experience picking up at either one.
Just checked, which ever one you pick, there is 1 toll. Best advantage to highland Park is, while it is farther, it is just off the Interstate on the Frontage Road at the Old Skokie exit. Libertyville is exit 137 then drive about 10 min to location.

Sort of my hood, I am about 10 miles from both locations.

Reactions: Electromotive

Why would you need to hold out for after July 4th for the $4k rebate? Wouldn’t it apply even if you received delivery in May ?

Guys, don't hate me - order placed on 4/17/2022 with delivery on 4/26/2022 (originally quoted ~October).

I think my wife and I had more luck than brains :D We ordered a MY LR w/Midnight Silver & 20" wheels after test driving M3 and MY. After that we also spoke with a great showroom advisor and asked about maybe buying post-demo cars after Q2 is over. He took our number and that was the end of the deal. Surprisingly we've got a text during the weekend and a voicemail essentially saying "someone canceled on the same exact spec, do you want it Monday?". With our trade-in valuation expedited we were able to pick our baby up on Tuesday :oops:
What's funny in this story is we accidentally left the 20" selected instead of 19"...

Guys, don't hate me - order placed on 4/17/2022 with delivery on 4/26/2022 (originally quoted ~October).

I think my wife and I had more luck than brains :D We ordered a MY LR w/Midnight Silver & 20" wheels after test driving M3 and MY. After that we also spoke with a great showroom advisor and asked about maybe buying post-demo cars after Q2 is over. He took our number and that was the end of the deal. Surprisingly we've got a text during the weekend and a voicemail essentially saying "someone canceled on the same exact spec, do you want it Monday?". With our trade-in valuation expedited we were able to pick our baby up on Tuesday :oops:
What's funny in this story is we accidentally left the 20" selected instead of 19"...
Lucky you. Congrats. What DC?

It starts July 1. It’s not retro. You have to purchase July 1 or later and own for 12 months.but have to apply within 90 days of taking ownership
oh I think I was interpreting it wrong. I assumed as of July 1 you can apply for the credit but it’d work for all cars purchased in 2022.

So basically in order to be approved for the 4k rebate we have to take delivery of the car and sign all papers on or after July 1st?

oh I think I was interpreting it wrong. I assumed as of July 1 you can apply for the credit but it’d work for all cars purchased in 2022.

So basically in order to be approved for the 4k rebate we have to take delivery of the car and sign all papers on or after July 1st?
You really have to read it closely. Here is the main provision. It sounds like the purchase date can possibly be up to 90 days prior to July first.

But, If you drill into https://www2.illinois.gov/epa/about-us/rules-regs/Documents/proposed/275 EV Ill. Reg. 1st notice 022522 w title page pdf.pdf Section 275.200 says
“On and after July 1, 2022, each individual who purchases an electric vehicle and satisfies the criteria set forth in this Section is eligible to receive a rebate under this Part.”