Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is the island? It sounds like the island is to the right if you're getting too close to the left side of it?

I'm not sure if it regressed with 10.8.x as I don't usually make this particular left turn, but 10.8.1 turned just a little bit too early and partially drove over a rounded island/median. I knew it was rounded and noticed FSD Beta was starting to turn, so I let it happen anyway but took over once the car started tilting.

There would be 2 left turns lanes at a traffic light and an island with curbs to the left of the left-most lane. With 10.8, the car would swoop into the left-most left turn lane, getting very close to the island’s curb. I believe it’s improved with 10.8.1, but there are still quirks and stupid lane choices, obviously lol

I also find that there’s a bit more boost with 10.8.1, but that could be placebo.

10.8 does squeeze into bike lane/right side for a right turn. Which is a huge improvement for me. Are you talking about something else?

10.8 is a little better at going into bike lanes for right turns, but for me, it usually waits until the last moment to move over. It doesn't make right turns in a human way.

What I'm talking about is moving closer to the right curb or right-most of the lane before making right turns. This also includes squeezing next to cars to make right turns.

Could be standard operating procedure now to roll out new versions to ~10% of the FSD Beta population after employees but before 100%. Although one oddity according to Teslascope and TeslaFi data, it seems like there's a low percentage of new FSD Beta additions coming from 2021.44.25.2 (non-FSD holiday update), so maybe they did intend for a full rollout given that newly added testers are getting it even before pre-safety-score testers.
We just got our RCCB cameras today for our 2016 S90D. I'm hoping that we'll soon get FSD Beta. We are currently on 2021.44.25.2, so seeing that some cars are jumping right from that to FSD Beta 10.8.1 (2021.44.30.5) I'm hoping that we'll get it soon. I've been anxiously waiting for FSD Beta for so long!! I was so bummed out when the news broke about the RCCC cameras. But now the wait is hopefully almost over!

I'm hoping that we'll get it soon. I've been anxiously waiting for FSD Beta for so long!! I was so bummed out when the news broke about the RCCC cameras. But now the wait is hopefully almost over!
@hybridbear

Congrats on the cameras. I've got a good feeling you'll get FSD Beta soon.
Just remember us Legacies finally escaped FSD Purgatory thanks to many on this Thread and have joined the Annointed Ones.

I shared your anxiousness and now can relax knowing the wait was worth it and good riddance to Safety Score!!!

10.8 is a little better at going into bike lanes for right turns, but for me, it usually waits until the last moment to move over. It doesn't make right turns in a human way.

What I'm talking about is moving closer to the right curb or right-most of the lane before making right turns. This also includes squeezing next to cars to make right turns.
In my experience, I've noticed it'll swoop right, but then start wavering and come back out a little before making the right. I agree it could be better. But the logic is there, hopefully at this point it's just refinement.

But as it is, it moves over enough that i don't have to disengage because the guy behind me is trying to shoot through the large gap FSD used to leave when making rights.

Have we agreed upon a ballpark figure for the amount of FSD Beta OFPs out there? I know pre-holiday update 20k ish was acceptable.

I only ask because because of the amount of data being generated and transmitted back to Tesla by these FSD Beta vehicles now and am trying to wrap my mind around it out of sheer curiosity.

My 30-day data usage on the Model Y alone is 102.28 GB vs 2.76 on the M3 (w/o FSD). Vast Majority of that is upload, in fact, I park part time (meaning several straight days days/weeks) in a garage with no wi-fi and part time in a driveway with. Every OFP update I have gotten since FSD Beta enrollment has been downloaded over LTE.

I have Google Fiber so not concerned about the data usage but that was only recently available for us. Previously we had Spectrum and that had a monthly data cap before we got charged overages.

Has this bitten anyone in the arse with their ISP? There is an astronomical amount of data being sent back to Tesla by the fleet with this beta program!

Reactions: FSDtester#1
There is an astronomical amount of data being sent back to Tesla by the fleet with this beta program!

All that data… 😜

1641862827829.gif

10.8.1 is a bit mixed but there were certainly some changes in driving behavior that makes me think there were some small changes even though it's a point release.
  • On 2 different occasions the decision to enter the rotary was quicker. Still stopped but I didn't need to use the go-pedal. It also stayed closer to the rotary center which reduced some of the jerkiness as it went around.
  • More phantom breaking on the evening drive.
  • In general and this may be wishful thinking I thought 10.8.1 was a little better than 10.6.1. Initially I didn't like 10.6.1 but changed my mind after using it for awhile.

Went for a local drive with 10.8.1 this evening, I'm not sure if its got a little easier to disengage or not?
I noticed as we come up to traffic lights for a right turn or for 4-way stops, the wheel does its usual random spinning for no reason, but now I'm finding my hands resting on the wheel trigger a disconnect much faster.
Not sure if its doing the wild steering more or its just me being a little too close holding the steering wheel.

It really didn't like the cops having the road closed ahead of us due to a wreck. Obviously a real disengage there.

Reactions: impastu
Just got the notice that 10.8.1 is available. Maybe the final wave is happening tonight?
Also had a 1 disengagement drive over 57 miles on 10.8.1. Equal highway and city distance with moderate traffic. The ride home was 4 disengagements. The weird thing is, most of my disengagements now are from the car not getting into the turning lane fast enough. Always a left turn, and usually a left turn with 2 lanes. It moves over with plenty of time, and then just doesn't make the last move into either available lane. With most single left turns, the car whips immediately into it. Almost fast enough for a change of pants...

10.8.1 is a bit mixed but there were certainly some changes in driving behavior that makes me think there were some small changes even though it's a point release.
  • On 2 different occasions the decision to enter the rotary was quicker. Still stopped but I didn't need to use the go-pedal. It also stayed closer to the rotary center which reduced some of the jerkiness as it went around.
  • More phantom breaking on the evening drive.
  • In general and this may be wishful thinking I thought 10.8.1 was a little better than 10.6.1. Initially I didn't like 10.6.1 but changed my mind after using it for awhile.
Hey @jfazio13, why all the down votes from you? I didn't see anything wrong with this post. You had 4 down votes today. Usually people here just don't click anything if they don't like a post or disagree with someone. If they do disagree they take the time to make their case for what they believe is correct, and they do it in a friendly way. I am sure this will be your 5th down vote today, but I won't see it since I blocked you. Act like a gentleman or find another discussion club. Maybe the Yugo motors club will have people you agree with more.