Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • North Carolina
  • Non-res holder
  • MR
  • MSM/Black int
  • Aeros
  • EAP
  • Ordered 10/18
Got the text last night (11/13) around 7:00 PM that I am scheduled for 12/5 delivery. I tried to switch to a LR RWD on 11/10. The advisor I talked to during the call to switch made it sound like the change went through fine. Getting the text last night I was excited that I was getting the long range and everything went through. Well, I got an email this morning (11/14) "we were unable to process your request for the long range rear wheel drive unit." They said I can still request a refund through the website, but I don't know. I think I am going to proceed with the mid range. I wish they would have made it known that there were none available when I called to switch.

Plenty of people who ordered the same day as me or after have delivery dates.

So no.

But thanks for asking.

Somebody getting earlier than your order date means nothing and it’s random. Depends on various factors like config and final delivery center and it’s not entirely transparent from Tesla side.

So just relax. Anybody who ordered before Nov 1 should get by YE. And I ordered same config as you but on 20th and non reservation holder as well with delivery on East Coast. I hope you get before me. Not that it gives any comfort but I am sure you will get before YE.

Reactions: shanif
Somebody getting earlier than your order date means nothing and it’s random. Depends on various factors like config and final delivery center and it’s not entirely transparent from Tesla side.

So just relax. Anybody who ordered before Nov 1 should get by YE. And I ordered same config as you but on 20th and non reservation holder as well with delivery on East Coast. I hope you get before me. Not that it gives any comfort but I am sure you will get before YE.
That's fine, but I don't want to hear "be patient" from someone who already got their delivery date. I'm mostly just annoyed that Tesla lets you sit for a month with zero communication even just to say "Thanks for ordering" - pathetic for a modern company that should understand the importance of CS.

That's fine, but I don't want to hear "be patient" from someone who already got their delivery date. I'm mostly just annoyed that Tesla lets you sit for a month with zero communication even just to say "Thanks for ordering" - pathetic for a modern company that should understand the importance of CS.

I hear ya. Their products are amazing but their CS is beyond pathetic.

Their delivery timelines were ~6-10 weeks when you ordered and fully knowing the fact that it’s still approximation. But I don’t beleive we are going to see pizza type tracker for car at the moment. Maybe in 5 years we will. Their process will get transparent over time.

Trust me I am in same boat as you. I could care less as long as I get delivery on on before 11.59.59pm on Dec 31st. Earlier is always welcome.

I hear ya. Their products are amazing but their CS is beyond pathetic.

Their delivery timelines were ~6-10 weeks when you ordered and fully knowing the fact that it’s still approximation. But I don’t beleive we are going to see pizza type tracker for car at the moment. Maybe in 5 years we will. Their process will get transparent over time.

Trust me I am in same boat as you. I could care less as long as I get delivery on on before 11.59.59pm on Dec 31st. Earlier is always welcome.
Agreed!

I am not necessarily saying "be patient", but more so to wait until it has been at least 4-5 weeks after you placed the order before you start complaining. you have complained at least 3-4 times about not getting a delivery date in the past 24 hours.

It's nice to see you MR folks getting delivery dates across the country now. Hopefully bodes well for a wide roll-out before the end of the year.

I contacted them on Monday ahead of my delivery appointment tomorrow (!!!) and they had no problem with changing the delivery to my local delivery center in Littleton, CO. In fact, they were more flexible about my delivery time if I picked up at the delivery center.

Sweet. I'm about 10 minutes from Littleton. Let me know if you need a wingman. :D

This is just my experience with Tesla in Colorado, but figured its be worth sharing.

The Littleton folks are a solid group.

If location is #1 then i can see how NE is first then cental east coast then south east. However to me it appears configuration is #1 factor, at least on the MR models. There has been almost no white interiors delivered that we know of aside from someone who may have gotten a "special hand made" version.

So I think hardware configuration choices is #1, location #2 and reservation and prior Tesla ownership #3

Another data point showing that Tesla is just holding CA deliveries in their back pocket, pushing cars to the east coast. Definitely seems like location is number one factor, then reservation, then configuration.

You are right on. It also appears all reservation orders are filled for all of East Coast and now they are filling some non-reservations. My guess is Mid-west next week (TX, OH, IL) followed by Mountain States, SW, NW and California last. For those of you in East Coast wondering why you have not gotten your date, is probably because you don't have a reservation.

Reactions: mkjaiswa