Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random question: my wife is four months pregnant. I'm assuming it wouldn't be safe to let her feel the 0-60 launch from this car when she rides in it.

““The jerky movements and strong G forces (sudden, fast acceleration) make the roller coaster potentially dangerous. The placenta could pull away [from the wall of the uterus], which is called an abruption,” explains OB-GYN Kimberly Langdon, MD, who has nearly 20 years of clinical experience.”

Source - Google

Maybe not the best idea!

I got no problem taking you for a ride if/when I get mine

I dont want to move it, because I think they actually belong here too. If @josh62294 wants to post them in the announcement thread or the speculation thread, I support that as well. All 3 threads have been discussing these times.

Discussion about performance is fine in waiting room threads (its one of the things that people would talk about if they were sitting in a real waiting room waiting to pick up their cars, after they introduced themselves to each other).

@josh62294 thanks for sharing, a lot of people have been eagerly awaiting someone to do this. Congrats on your pickup!
100%. This is exciting and fun. Especially as I’m cautiously optimistic there will be an option to uncork more performance somewhere down the road (I hope)

““The jerky movements and strong G forces (sudden, fast acceleration) make the roller coaster potentially dangerous. The placenta could pull away [from the wall of the uterus], which is called an abruption,” explains OB-GYN Kimberly Langdon, MD, who has nearly 20 years of clinical experience.”

Source - Google

Maybe not the best idea!
Thanks for this. I was thinking of roller coasters as an analogy too, but wasn't sure how they compare with the g forces from instant torque. I've launched our MXLR on freeway on ramps plenty of times with her in the car (0-60 in 3.8s); and she's done it herself a few times while driving too. I suppose i'll need to dial the launches down and let her know too.

I know we don’t have ideal runs for either the US or MIC cars yet. However, the data we do have thanks to Josh and Viperau1 is extremely telling.

If you look at the intermediate 10 mph increments for both 0-60 mph runs below you will see that Josh was losing ground all the way up to 40 mph.

He was down .09 @ 10 mph, .10 @ 20 mph, .12 @ 30 mph, and a whopping .13 @ 40 mph. That is a HUGE amount to give up in only 2.00 seconds of racing.

However, in the next 1.15 seconds and only 20 mph of gain he claws all of that .13 seconds back plus another .02.

The MIC car in this test just about stopped compared to Josh’s car after 40 mph. That is where peak power occurs typically for these cars. This should send up huge red flags for anyone thinking their MIC car is going to trap 123+ mph. I don’t think it will.

US 2024 Model 3 Performance(Josh’s car)
IMG_6066.png

MIC(Australia) 2024 Model 3 Performance(ViperAu1’s car)
IMG_6065.png

Random question: my wife is four months pregnant. I'm assuming it wouldn't be safe to let her feel the 0-60 launch from this car when she rides in it.
the g-forces are just under 1, but the real concern would be further increasing her heart rate. did you guys know that there's a significant increase in a woman's heart rate throughout pregnancy? increases steadily from like high 70's to high 80's.

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801
i’m so happy you guys are getting ready to test out the 0-60 times and all other speed feats. i may be the only one here not really interested in this aspect of the car. i’m sure that’s all fun, but i ended up on the performance model for the seats+wheels those things pushed me over.

i can’t wait until we all take delivery though. congrats to the lucky ones taking delivery tomorrow. 😀

I know we don’t have ideal runs for either the US or MIC cars yet. However, the data we do have thanks to Josh and Viperau1 is extremely telling.

If you look at the intermediate 10 mph increments for both 0-60 mph runs below you will see that Josh was losing ground all the way up to 40 mph.

He was down .09 @ 10 mph, .10 @ 20 mph, .12 @ 30 mph, and a whopping .13 @ 40 mph. That is a HUGE amount to give up in only 2.00 seconds of racing.

However, in the next 1.15 seconds and only 20 mph of gain he claws all of that .13 seconds back plus another .02.

The MIC car in this test just about stopped compared to Josh’s car after 40 mph. That is where peak power occurs typically for these cars. This should send up huge red flags for anyone thinking their MIC car is going to trap 123+ mph. I don’t think it will.

US 2024 Model 3 Performance(Josh’s car)
View attachment 1050375

MIC(Australia) 2024 Model 3 Performance(ViperAu1’s car)
View attachment 1050376
Like I mentioned on FB I could feel the tires slipping all the way through 40-50

From his Facebook live, it's 2024.14.8. What people are calling the "Spring Update". (Off the trailer and in the showroom, the two I sat in were a weird branch, 2024.8.200, which was also FSD 11.4.9 (not even 12).
Interestingly, per TeslaFi tracking, the first instances it recorded of that version were yesterday (05/23) for a few cars, I'm gonna say *not* the M3P's though since they are customers who hook their cars into TeslaFi tracking.

So why the wait on firmware? 2024.14.8 started pushing on Thursday to other Tesla vehicles.

So why the wait on firmware? 2024.14.8 started pushing on Thursday to other Tesla vehicles.
This is a rhetorical question, I am guessing?

I thought you had owned a Tesla vehicle before, and experienced first hand that an individual owner cant do anything about what firmware version is on the car, nor can anyone predict with any type of fashion which version of any firmware Tesla will flag for any specific car.

the g-forces are just under 1, but the real concern would be further increasing her heart rate. did you guys know that there's a significant increase in a woman's heart rate throughout pregnancy? increases steadily from like high 70's to high 80's.
Not like pregnant women can’t exercise, that’s not really a big issue.

I doubt an M3P can accelerate fast enough to cause any real concern, but I’m not an obgyn.

No doubt the US car will be faster. I would like to get a chance to get a 90+% conditioned SOC run in. I think it will be a bit closer than this. My advisor said I could have a longer test drive in a week or so once the crazy hype dies down a little bit.