Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for any advice. I am in Northwest Ohio and the nearest Ohio Tesla location is nearly 160 miles away. When I ordered my car, the agent told me I could get it delivered. Now, I’m being told Tesla “doesn’t do home deliveries” and I would have to somehow get to the nearest Ohio location, as opposed to a Michigan store which is a quick 40 miles. Whoever is answering me in the app is pretty unhelpful, and every time I call the 800 number I’m told that no one can take my call right now and to try again later.
Are you sure the location 40 miles from you handles deliveries? My local store is 20 miles away but are not doing deliveries yet as they are less than a year old. Im having to drive 140 miles to my pickup location. It may be worth a drive to the local place though, I got that same runaround about changing locations, went to the local store and they changed it in a minute to my preferred site not in the ghetto.
Took delivery Saturday. Matte ppf, tint, black badges. Now time to drive.

View attachment 1054060View attachment 1054059
Oh damn that matte looks amazing. I’m not even gonna ask the $ on that, but you have my respect, that just looks fantastic. Where did you get your black out logos?

It is July/August for every combination now. It is going to be interesting seeing what Tesla’s number of cars produced is for Q2. Selling this many Model 3s has to help their numbers. That and the low interest rate on the Model Ys.

I think everyone talking about Tesla’s demise because of the bad Q1 numbers will be regretting they said that now.
I really hope this is the case because my Tesla stock has been taking a beating for the last year. Actually, it’s probably a good time to buy some more!

This may have already been posted, sorry if so...
However, I cycled through ALL color options for M3P and it looks like it's now a JUL-AUG delivery timetable for ALL variations, colors, internal colors, etc.

1717679388613.png

just got pushed back from 06/05 - 06/14 to 06/09 - 06/18
Sucks my friend. I'm still holding at Jun 6 - June 12 but mine will probably get moved tomorrow. This whole delivery process is maddening because it seems so random. Folks in CT, Boston, Southern Jersey and north of the city getting deliveries while others in and around NYC getting pushed. Try calling the delivery center, no answer.

Very frustrating. I'm not built for this.

Reactions: jose3030
You should def keep it. Nothing will happen if you keep it
I guess the worst would be they charge me for a new one which I would have bought anyway. Does seem rather ridiculous that a 50K EV doesn't come with a way to charge it at home "out of the box". I have a wall charger but others may not and choose to use a 240V outlet. I have used it when travelling to visit family.

I guess the worst would be they charge me for a new one which I would have bought anyway. Does seem rather ridiculous that a 50K EV doesn't come with a way to charge it at home "out of the box". I have a wall charger but others may not and choose to use a 240V outlet. I have used it when travelling to visit family.
Just keep it. They will not care.

If you were to place an order today for a M3P and add it to your order, it would put you over the 55K and thus no tax credit. Adding a mobile charger today would essentially cost you $7500.

Again, I bought a use one on FB Marketplace for $150 that was brand new. Tesla charges $250.

Just keep it. They will not care.

If you were to place an order today for a M3P and add it to your order, it would put you over the 55K and thus no tax credit. Adding a mobile charger today would essentially cost you $7500.

Again, I bought a use one on FB Marketplace for $150 that was brand new. Tesla charges $250.
Accessories have no impact on the tax credit. Only the MSRP of the car itself matters.

View attachment 1053902

Whelp, I got the call everyone dreads right before my appointment. At about an hour and a half before pickup, I got a call from the service center saying, "the front bumper was damaged during transport, and they will not allow me to pick up the vehicle." there was no additional information they could provide at the time. They have no estimate on how long it will take to replace / repair the issue, nor would they describe what exactly the issue was. I know it has to be a bit more than just cosmetic paint problems, otherwise they would just fix it in house and reschedule the pickup date.
It is near impossible to contact anyone via text or phone to ask for updates, so as of right now, I'm just waiting for a phone call or message that could be hours, days, or weeks away.
He did state that there are no other MP3's in the area that I could swap to and they are trying to come up with a resolution.
My worry is, the resolution will be ordering me another MP3 and putting me at the back of the waiting list.
If they did decide to repair or replace the bumper, how would you feel about paying full price for a vehicle that has already had parts replaced before you've ever seen it. I personally don't think it would be too big of a deal and don't think it's worth the hassle of complaining.
Also, what should my next steps be? should I continue to try and make contact with the delivery center or are there other means of contacting someone at tesla who might have answers. I should add that my schedule does not allow for me to visit the center without great inconvenience, so stopping by and hassling them in person would be a last resort option.

so far, they have not canceled my appointment and the app is just taunting me with the "accept delivery now" option :(
Just tell them you will do an even swap for a model S 😉 Joking aside I’m sure they will put you as a priority delivery, if not you should continue to bug corporate by spamming emails, writing letters, calling until you get what you ordered in a reasonable time.

Reactions: jose3030