Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would imagine that Tesla would change the expected delivery dates for those of us that have a new MS on order considering they have taken the time to increase the expectation for new buyers. All of the recent activity leads me to believe MS deliveries will start very soon and all that had ordered prior to the increased time line will see deliveries in April/May.

No shortages of M3 or MY our office is looking like a Tesla dealership. Making me jealous of the wait. /Me refreshes Tesla account page once again. No updates :(

20210324_125259.jpg

Reactions: TNGuy99
Looks like delivery estimates for California have gone up to “10-14 weeks”. Doesn’t bode well for deliveries any time soon..

Would not put much into that one. Someone probably just woke up and realized they did not put that fro all deliveries like the rest of the country. This is the same group that for a few days had the Model X rear seat in the Model S on the website.

Looks like delivery estimates for California have gone up to “10-14 weeks”. Doesn’t bode well for deliveries any time soon..

I just noticed the same thing. I ordered in December. I don’t think I can wait that long. I feel disgusted and no longer trust the company at all. I just don’t want to wait 10 weeks and then be told it will be another 10 weeks. Is the model 3 performance a decent replacement for my S LR? If not, I think I will buy another MB. I guess I need to test drive the 3 series. The 3 just doesn’t look great to me. Just not streamlined. Hate the view of the rear of the car.

very disappointed with Tesla. Was really looking forward to my first EV.

I just noticed the same thing. I ordered in December. I don’t think I can wait that long. I feel disgusted and no longer trust the company at all. I just don’t want to wait 10 weeks and then be told it will be another 10 weeks. Is the model 3 performance a decent replacement for my S LR? If not, I think I will buy another MB. I guess I need to test drive the 3 series. The 3 just doesn’t look great to me. Just not streamlined. Hate the view of the rear of the car.

very disappointed with Tesla. Was really looking forward to my first EV.
10-14 weeks is for new orders placed today.

I cancelled my order on Monday. I had ordered a 2021 MS LR on Jan 29th and was going to trade in my 2018 MS 100D. I got tired of the lack of communication and just said screw it. I'll order it again in the fall if I like what I see when the Savannah or Columbus stores get a demonstrator.
Probably the right move for you. You have a great Tesla S already. You can certainly wait until the angst is over to get the latest. :)

Yeah, 3 ways that all suck vs one way that works perfectly. If you need to devise two backup systems for something its a blatant indicator that your primary solution is crap. MCU1 (which is actually roughly equivelent to an iPhone 5) worked wonderfully for 6ish years until Tesla just stopped caring about performance on it. It has more than enough raw performance to handle the paltry tasks of displaying a map and streaming music. Also keep in mind that Tesla was still shipping cars with it only 3 years ago.
I have no opinion on this particular element but in general, change for change sake is no good. I hope the reason has a bigger strategy behind it as described by others.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos
Probably the right move for you. You have a great Tesla S already. You can certainly wait until the angst is over to get the latest. :)

Why is there so much angst? I seriously don't understand why people even think there has been a delay. My account page says "estimated delivery" of March. It is still March. I still consider it possible, albeit unlikely, that my car will be delivered in March. If the car is delivered in April, I wouldn't consider that late, any more than I'd consider a food delivery at 7:15 late if the estimated delivery time was 7:00. The reason Tesla hasn't communicated anything is there is no change to report.

Using the current wait time for new buyers as the wait time for prior buyers is silly. The remaining wait time for someone who has been waiting in line is generally shorter than the wait time for someone who just entered the line. Moreover, the second person's total wait time might be longer than the first person's total wait time because the line got longer in the interim.