Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, man. As long as you got good vibes. When are you planning on calling this guy (so that I can check my computer for your response every second)?

Haha Monday is next week soooo I'll call first thing. He was so excited and I’m like what do you know that I don’t know and he’s like I can’t say so he confirmed he has more information that he’s not allowed to say but it didn’t sound negative at all. I would bet that somebody else is going to figure out whatever it is before I figure it out.

My guess is that by Saturday night, Tigers will be camping on Matt's front porch waiting...

• Funny
Reactions: TNGuy99
Haha Monday is next week soooo I'll call first thing. He was so excited and I’m like what do you know that I don’t know and he’s like I can’t say so he confirmed he has more information that he’s not allowed to say but it didn’t sound negative at all. I would bet that somebody else is going to figure out whatever it is before I figure it out.

Ok! I'll be on here at like 9am central asking for you. This is all I have in my life after my wife left me for my last post (thanks @Hayseed_MS ). I'm going to drive by the only service center in my area tonight to see if they have one, why not?

Wow finally some more info comes out. Good stuff.

BTW Ive had MSM and Ive had red - while MSM is absolutely hot, my car now is red and I still went with red again for plaid. Would avoid white personally, seems like 8/10 cars off the line are white. MSM & red my 2 faves, with white a close 3rd, just on other peoples cars not mine :)

Sticking to the lower one (MSM)......the wheels almost look body matching. No regrets on any color, they are all gorgeous. I was looking at my OBM this morning....still amazing after 3.5 years. Real question how the hell am I going to wait a year for the Plaid+.......
Yeah the wheel match is great, I was worried they'd be darker. Add a little tint on the windows and the MSM is extra stealthy and sleek for sure.

Wow finally some more info comes out. Good stuff.

BTW Ive had MSM and Ive had red - while MSM is absolutely hot, my car now is red and I still went with red again for plaid. Would avoid white personally, seems like 8/10 cars off the line are white. MSM & red my 2 faves, with white a close 3rd, just on other peoples cars not mine :)
Hope I’m not going to regret black. It was either white or black.

Blue never gets the respect it deserves. All of mine have been blue. I do like MSM. Perhaps the only other color I’d choose is MSM. But I stay true to blue until it’s delivered. Which should be May, per my “all knowing” SA.

See what I did there? Put a little delivery “update” info at the end of my post, thereby making it appropriate for this thread.

Blue never gets the respect it deserves. All of mine have been blue. I do like MSM. Perhaps the only other color I’d choose is MSM. But I stay true to blue until it’s delivered. Which should be May, per my “all knowing” SA.

See what I did there? Put a little delivery “update” info at the end of my post, thereby making it appropriate for this thread.

In regards to delivery: When you ordered in January, was a new order or a conversion from the old model ordered?

If the blue looked as good in person as it does on Tesla’s website, or even the IC display in the leaks shown above, I would definitely give it a shot. Unfortunately I always find it too dark in real life (unless it’s in direct sunlight at the perfect angle).

If the MSM is the same shade on the M3 it looks fantastic. Black on the M3 gets dirty quickkkkk. Eh on the white. Blue looks nice too. We have every shade in our parking lot at work between M3 and MY. MSM w 21s is how I went. Though I wish it was a little lighter, does look fantastic. I'm gonna miss the silver I have on my Stinger though. I've only owned one red car, got me into the most trouble ha. 92 Camero. Best color I ever had was a burnt orange Pontiac G8.

MSM on the 21s looks hottt. Esp seeing them together IRL pics they look like they match fantastic.

I loved the MC Red on my last S--looked great, loved how it shifted shades as the lighting changed and it did a reasonable job hiding road dust. However, the red with the dark trim doesn't look as good to me, especially with the random chrome bits also thrown in. The MSM with the dark trim looks more cohesive to me.

If the blue looked as good in person as it does on Tesla’s website, or even the IC display in the leaks shown above, I would definitely give it a shot. Unfortunately I always find it too dark in real life (unless it’s in direct sunlight at the perfect angle).
This. I'm all set with my nephew-in-law (or whatever it is, I'm once-removed from understanding those relationships) who has a wrapping business, got the sample in my hands of the blue I want on the car. It's a lot like a lot of the pix, but it's not anything I've ever seen in the wild.

Oh, um, no update or VIN yet.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: josahua and elguapo