Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not read too much into Precott leaving--job hopping is the norm around here. Just as likely, he much a ton of money from TSLA options and that gave him the ability to take a speculative risk with a start-up. He's the goofball that claimed the eMMC was a wear-and-tear item, so I shan't shed a tear.

You mean, it was Elon telling him to say that to avoid having to pay to replace them on a recall, right? 😂😂😂

Congratulations guys - 5,000 posts and 228 pages in this thread since January 27, and some of us bystanders have yet to learn a single FACT. We will get the cars we ordered (if not cancelled first) when we get them. This speculation continues to be stupid, stupid, stupid. It has no place in this thread.
And yet you are here reading this post.

What if - looking at the world through rose-colored glasses - a whole bunch of VINs are released this weekend so that Elon can make the grand announcement on the 26th that deliveries truly are imminent? Yeah that and a free upgrade to the Plaid + for all the hassle. I gotta stop smoking weed now.
How about an option for Signature Red?

You are going to miss out on seeing lots of bad photos in which people spotted the refresh in the wild.

Used same camera/angle to get this too.

1619102699693.png

I’m new here, but thought I would add another datum point. Ordered my first Tesla a LR MS on 3/3. My account doesn’t specify any delivery date, just that they will reach out to me when it’s ready.

I just called my corporate SA, and he said best guess is 10 - 14 weeks from now before deliveries start. He acknowledges that he is just regurgitating the website which he said is the best source of knowledge.

After I said that I might cancel my order, he suggested that deliveries might happen much sooner. I don’t think people will get there cars before July at the earliest. I think it is 50/50 that we will here something about the refreshes at the earnings call on Monday. If there isn’t any more info given on Monday I’m canceling my order.

I am not impressed with how Tesla communicates with future customers. It doesn’t seem like a sustainable business model as competition ramps up. If I could afford a Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo I would get that. Not sure what I’m going to now.
I ordered my model S on October 31st 2020. I still have not received my car and wasn't told until February that I wasn't even getting the model that I designed in the 1st place, and am having to pay more for a design I didn't ask for. Customer service definitely leaves a lot to be desired.

I think there's a new hidden update regarding Plaid availability (available fall 2021) Dont think this was there before...
I read that as the wheels and tires will be available in Fall of 21'. I wonder if the hold up is they weren't able to meet the performance metrics they originally stated and are trying to figure out a way to validate them without having to publicly acknowledge something less then promised.