Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My prediction for the 3rd:

The Plaid Model S will essentially be the Plaid+. It’ll contain the 4680 batteries and have 500+miles of range. It’ll have the active aero rear wing we’ve seen and will start shipping in June. The LR model will use the existing batteries and will begin shipping once production catches up on Plaid models. The Plaid+ model will go away and Plaid+ reservations will be converted to Plaid.

Evidence to support my hypothesis:
-Plaid+ was pushed way out around the same time the big model S delays started
-Plaid+ is no longer an option on the Tesla site.
-Plaid availability is currently listed as June
-Twitter “insiders” are hinting about big news on the 3rd and that performance is much more impressive than they’ve led us to believe
-The radio silent delay feels like it could be a big change that they were uncomfortable talking about.
-The rumored “battery cooling issues” would makes sense with the new cells
-The version of the car on the track had active aero. Seems unlikely this is a one-off and unlikely that it would be a Plaid + given the proximity to the current release
-LR has significantly outsold Plaid. This would make many people (myself included) consider the extra money for the Plaid.

#OneCanDream

Among the countless flaws with this theory is that Elon Musk said last month that they can't make the 4680 batteries reliably now but he is "confident" they will be available "next year." There actually isn't any evidence for your theory. The much more likely reason that Plaid+ is not available is that there is no such thing and Tesla does not know if they can make a car with anywhere near the gaudy stats they advertised for Plaid+. Reasonable business people would make a product and then advertise its performance stats, not the other way around.

The June 3 event will be for Elon to reiterate how great the Plaid is because it goes to 60 mph in less than 2 seconds when you subtract rollout.

I thought they (Tesla Canada w Jay Leno) got a 9.23 1/4 which is exactly what the site says. Actually a few mph slower at 152 vs 155 but still very impressive.
My apology for all my off topic posts.
Account still shows August 😩

Reactions: Drew-MS
Can they get enough 4680's to make plaids right meow?
Wait a Dog darn minute. Has anyone else noticed that @Hayseed_MS has lost his bark?

To answer your question, they are making 4680's now. No Cybertruck production, no Semi production and lets face it no Model S production. Depending on the number of Plaid orders, I could see them having enough. But that would be a HUGE surprise if they make that upgrade.

I started tracking the JSON embedded on my reservation pages to see if there are any changes. There was a change in the last 15 hours that added the following (below). Seems like they're doing something but no clue what. Both of my reservations received these changes (one from 2/16 and one from 5/21).

"isNotMatchedToRa00Vin" and "hasAPBS"

Look for my "// new" comment within:

Code:
{
  "DeliveryDetails": {
    "Delivery": false,
    "DeliveryEstimateDate": {
      "expectedDelivery": "Estimated delivery",
      "copyOverride": "Estimated Delivery: June",
      "isFromAdminTool": false
    },
    "DefaultDateAndTime": "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.",
    "hasAutoPilot": true,
    "hasSelfDriving": false,
    "isOnOldLexicon": false,
    "formattedAutoPilotStrings": {
      "add_after_delivery": "$4,000 if added after delivery",
      "add_after_delivery_fsd": "$10,000 if added after delivery",
      "add_after_delivery_base": "$3,000 if added after delivery",
      "add_base": "Yes, add Autopilot ($0). Your pricing will be updated. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.",
      "add_full": "Yes, add Full Self-Driving ($10,000). Your pricing will be updated. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.",
      "additional_due": "Additional Due: $4,000",
      "additional_due_basic": "Additional Due: $0",
      "additional_due_fsd": "Additional Due: $10,000",
      "additional_due_both": "Additional Due: $10,000",
      "after_delivery_price": "$4,000",
      "autopilot_price": "$4,000",
      "base_autopilot_price": "$0",
      "is_base_ap_free": true,
      "just_remove_autopilot": "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot ($4,000). Your pricing will be updated. ",
      "remove_autopilot": "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving ($14,000). Your pricing will be updated. ",
      "remove_basic": "Yes, remove Autopilot ($0). Your pricing will be updated. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.",
      "remove_fsd_and_base": "Yes, remove Full Self-Driving and Autopilot. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.",
      "remove_fsd_keep_base": "Yes, remove Full Self-Driving ($10,000) and keep Autopilot. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.",
      "self_driving_price": "$10,000"
    },
    "isTeslaLeasing": false,
    "token": "notsureifspecialsoremovingjustincase",
    "referenceNumber": "nicetry",
    "hasAPPF": false,
    "hasAPBS": true, // new
    "isNotMatchedToRa00Vin": true, // new
    "IsInventoryOrder": false,
    "productModelTitle": "Model S"
  }
}

FSD descriptions (not indicative of anything new, just embedded in the JSON)

Code:
"fullSelfDrivingComputer": "Full Self-Driving Computer",
"trafficStopControl": "Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control",
"autoSteer": "Autosteer on city streets (available later)",
"basicAutopilot": "Basic Autopilot",
"inactiveAtDelivery": "May be inactive at delivery and will be rolled out in the weeks ahead via over-the-air updates",
"fsdCapability": "Full Self-Driving Capability",
"learnMore": "Learn More",
"toggleCopy": "We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. As part of this transition, some features may be inactive or limited at delivery, and will be rolled out in the weeks ahead via over-the-air updates.",

Among the countless flaws with this theory is that Elon Musk said last month that they can't make the 4680 batteries reliably now but he is "confident" they will be available "next year." There actually isn't any evidence for your theory. The much more likely reason that Plaid+ is not available is that there is no such thing and Tesla does not know if they can make a car with anywhere near the gaudy stats they advertised for Plaid+. Reasonable business people would make a product and then advertise its performance stats, not the other way around.

The June 3 event will be for Elon to reiterate how great the Plaid is because it goes to 60 mph in less than 2 seconds when you subtract rollout.
Automobile manufacturers have always touted their future tech way before it was available.

Plaid is already near the gaudy stats of the Plaid+

You are full of nothing but anti Tesla and anti EV rhetoric in general. We see you.

Did you read it. Tesla has transitioned 3 and y to the latest Tesla Vision technology and eliminated radar. The model s and x are being shipped with radar “as the 3 and y are high volume and will provide more data”. So the 3 and y are equipped with the latest hardware package. The s and x will still have radar that Tesla has repeatedly said they are transitioning away from.

There is of course no mention that s and x have all the hardware for the transition to Tesla Vision. Just another omission that is a lie if they are listing x and s with no radar.
Yet another indication that they are transitioning into a mass market company and de-emphasizing the mass production of high(er) end Sedan's and SUV's.

Just got this PREPARE FOR DELIVERY - REGISTRATION message on account page. Previously had June 1 - June 30 delivery. Then blank for about a week.
When white checkmark is clicked, it shows owners’ names and address.
Also do not see any other pages, like insurance.

2021 MS LR | Red | Cream |Tempest | Order RN1142 | November 2020View attachment 665722
Now our account page is back to OVERVIEW status and registration page is gone. No delivery date.

• Informative
Reactions: T-Racer
There is no new equipment for Tesla Vision. Just the discontinued use of radar. Pretty easy to understand
So why ship a vehicle that has been delayed for months for software issues per Elon with radar? My thought is this entire time all resources have been devoted to 3 and y until this point. Now that the 3 and y have a fully updated hardware and software package we can throw some people at the s and x problems. For now just ship them with the outdated hardware and software systems and we’ll figure out how to “integrate” it later.