Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was in Gabe's latest video around 4:45. This is the most S's I've seen in the logistics lot since I've been following this circus. Looks like X13 through X22ish are mostly S's.

View attachment 671787

And no trucks are picking those up are they? It's storage. Same few hundred they've moved around for weeks! Just my speculation but makes sense to me. All the 3/Y's getting picked up are in the lanes that actually have space for trucks where S's haven't been in a while sans one or two sporadically

This was in Gabe's latest video around 4:45. This is the most S's I've seen in the logistics lot since I've been following this circus. Looks like X13 through X22ish are mostly S's.

View attachment 671787
Really hoping the floodgates will open after the event tonight and some of us folks get our hands on one of these.

On another note, I talked to my wife last night after she had downed a couple of glasses of wine about changing our order from LR to Plaid and at that time, it looked like the alcohol helped since she reluctantly agreed. I went off to sleep feeling great and thought to myself that I will reach out to my SA first thing in the morning and convert my order.
Woke up to the 10k price increase lol. That was the straw that broke the camel's back :)

Don't be sad. 3.1 seconds with rollout is nothing to scoff at. You'll be faster than just about anything on the road, and you'll have the same luxury of the plaid, minus some stitching colors and a few less holes in the seat.
The LR specs don't have the "* with rollout" so can we assume that the LR is actually about .2 seconds faster with rollout, or are they just not stipulating it - hard to tell. LR with rollout could be then what 2.8-2.9 seconds 0-60?

You know what would be a cool surprise? The Plaid self drives itself around the track.
Really hoping the floodgates will open after the event tonight and some of us folks get our hands on one of these.

On another note, I talked to my wife last night after she had downed a couple of glasses of wine about changing our order from LR to Plaid and at that time, it looked like the alcohol helped since she reluctantly agreed. I went off to sleep feeling great and thought to myself that I will reach out to my SA first thing in the morning and convert my order.
Woke up to the 10k price increase lol. That was the straw that broke the camel's back :)

Just think about what you can do with the money you saved. Actually, you might not want to do that -- I'm thinking all kinds of wicked things.

• Funny
Reactions: TNGuy99 and Drew-MS

Yeah -- I was considering switching to Plaid if they came up with any selling points besides extra speed. But I'm going to pass given the $10k price hike.

Most likely they just aren't disclosing that fact. Tesla has actually never disclosed this before, even though they started using 1 foot rollout with the P85D. No hate towards the LR people, but I don't believe that the LR is secretly faster. They are just disclosing it with the Plaid, as their claim of 'under 2 seconds' is a much bigger deal than 2.3, 2.5, or 3.1 seconds.
Once again, no offense towards the LR owners. :)

• Funny
Reactions: travwill
Just called Tesla and had them convert my Plaid+ order to a Plaid order, which they told me they could do as long as -NOTHING- changed on it. Fair enough, although they haven't actually done it yet haha.

So now I get to be anxious whether they don't come back to me and give me BS about how "the system won't allow them" (which I've gotten before), AS WELL AS wait for the event.....
Please keep us posted. I am in the same boat as you but I did not order FSD on my Plaid+. I wanted to see what is announced tonight before committing to a Plaid. I am hoping I get grandfathered in on the Plaid price should I decide to change rather than cancel altogether.

It really makes no difference. Nobody on here is going to be accelerating to 60 in 2 seconds, or even 3 seconds, except maybe on the first day as a proof of concept.

What? I will start every journey with a floored 0-60 in 3 seconds at minimum! ;-) Yeah, it will be a rare novelty at best. For the trackies this is all key.
For me, the performance is important to know you have when you need it to defensively drive; e.g. to avoid something that needs speed, to get on/off something safely, that speed is responsive at say the 50-80 ranges, etc.

Please keep us posted. I am in the same boat as you but I did not order FSD on my Plaid+. I wanted to see what is announced tonight before committing to a Plaid. I am hoping I get grandfathered in on the Plaid price should I decide to change rather than cancel altogether.
Honestly, I had a Plaid order in September. They then converted it to Plaid+, so they should be able to convert it back, right?? Hahaha

It really makes no difference. Nobody on here is going to be accelerating to 60 in 2 seconds, or even 3 seconds, except maybe on the first day as a proof of concept.
?? Are you implying no one uses the full power of the performance? I do about 15-70mph WOT nearly every time I drive mine. OK, maybe not every time.... Occasionally I stay on it a little longer and get to 80-85+ ;)

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!! 6 HOURS LEFT!
Screenshot (86).png

You’re right .... Now I’m interested in ripping the S around Englishtown road course in NJ. I’ve never been to a racetrack in my life but I’m ready now in my mid 40s.