Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dave
Other observations??
Fit and finish?
Interior noise?
Audio system?
you know, the usual please.
Fit and finish looks great so far. I would say perhaps only a couple percentage point below Porsche and Lamborghini.
interior noise mostly nonexistent.
audio system is about as good as it gets
I love all the technology.
can’t wait to try the auto driving features
The 17 inch screen is incredible and very intuitive
Getting better with the yolk at speeds below 15mph
I find myself hitting the indicator and wiper buttons inadvertently from time to time.
still reading the manual. Lots more to learn. Fun stuff 😃

Not sure which car I want to drive. They are both incredible in their own way. But it would be interesting. The Lambo has been clocked at 2.2 seconds to 60 and 10.2 in the quarter mile. At Nurburgring it clocked a 6:52 which is one of just a few production cars to break the 7 minute mark. I think the Lamborghini would lose in straight line but win at Nurburgring.
So I guess the Tesla MS Plaid at $146k all-in is a deal of the century compared with a $500k Lambo then huh? Perhaps you should've bought 2 of them? ;)

All ceramic tint. Was there a specific concern regarding ceramic tint. I haven’t heard anything. My other cars have it.
I’ll have to search for the article because it wasn’t recent. An installer of tints etc. advised not using ceramic tint on the rear window due to heat absorption properties of ceramic films which may potentially cause premature cracking of the rear glass.
I haven’t heard this from anyone else and plenty of people have been using ceramic film on the rear. I’ll research some more but it’s probably nothing to worry about.
Specific to Tesla, not other cars. I’ll research 👍

Fit and finish looks great so far. I would say perhaps only a couple percentage point below Porsche and Lamborghini.
interior noise mostly nonexistent.
audio system is about as good as it gets
I love all the technology.
can’t wait to try the auto driving features
The 17 inch screen is incredible and very intuitive
Getting better with the yolk at speeds below 15mph
I find myself hitting the indicator and wiper buttons inadvertently from time to time.
still reading the manual. Lots more to learn. Fun stuff 😃

Damn dude, this post is getting me pumped!

So I guess the Tesla MS Plaid at $146k all-in is a deal of the century compared with a $500k Lambo then huh? Perhaps you should've bought 2 of them? ;)
You are spot on! Absolutely best bang for the buck. Nothing comes close. In terms of buying another car the biggest challenge is getting the wife to go along with yet another car for me. It’s not happening. Although I would love to get ahold of the 992 porsche GT3.

OK, finally going to let my Plaid out of my sight for a couple for a couple of days--OptiCoat Pro+, XPel on the headlights and fog lights, and tint on the front windows, back windows and hatch glass.
I know your supplier isn't relevant to me here, but if anyone in Middle TN knows of a similar spot to do this let me know. Omarsultan, do you think doing this type of treatment is necessary? Presumably so since you're doing it.
Thanks,
Mark

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’ll have to search for the article because it wasn’t recent. An installer of tints etc. advised not using ceramic tint on the rear window due to heat absorption properties of ceramic films which may potentially cause premature cracking of the rear glass.
I haven’t heard this from anyone else and plenty of people have been using ceramic film on the rear. I’ll research some more but it’s probably nothing to worry about.
This is interesting information that I wasn’t aware of. I have a Tesla Model 3 that I put Prestige Photosync ceramic tint on and the rear glass cracked without any type of impact. This must be the reason.

Did they ever text you about home delivery? They texted me last week confirming my home address where they were going to deliver it…
I got VIN this morning, completed insurance and payment. Then received link to schedule delivery time. After picking my time they confirmed my address and now on my page it has date and time and my address for delivery.

Models 3’s had some rear glass defects. Some of the ones that cracked had ceramic tint so some people thought the tint caused the cracking. Those windows were destined to crack whether they had tint or not. Nothing to do with the tint.

I know your supplier isn't relevant to me here, but if anyone in Middle TN knows of a similar spot to do this let me know. Omarsultan, do you think doing this type of treatment is necessary? Presumably so since you're doing it.
Thanks,
Mark
I am really happy with the OptiCoat. On my last S, water still beaded and ran off after 8 years. It makes clean-up easy and really helps with things like tree sap and bird bombs--maintenance is limited to claying once a year. I am not sure what the sun is like in TN, but around here, tint is necessary during the summer, plus I like the additional privacy that a dark tint provides to the back seats.

This is interesting information that I wasn’t aware of. I have a Tesla Model 3 that I put Prestige Photosync ceramic tint on and the rear glass cracked without any type of impact. This must be the reason.
Apparently there was an issue with the rear model 3 glass. The tint may not have caused the crack but something to look into. I’ll look into this over the next day or two.

Models 3’s had some rear glass defects. Some of the ones that cracked had ceramic tint so some people thought the tint caused the cracking. Those windows were destined to crack whether they had tint or not. Nothing to do with the tint.
That’s interesting. Do you have any additional details on this? This is a leased vehicle and I was figuring Tesla would charge me for the crack on lease return. If I could somehow prove a glass defect, then I might not have to pay out of pocket.

That’s interesting. Do you have any additional details on this? This is a leased vehicle and I was figuring Tesla would charge me for the crack on lease return. If I could somehow prove a glass defect, then I might not have to pay out of pocket.
if there is no point of impact along the crack you shouldn’t have any trouble with warranty. Is the crack near where the defroster wires in? I believe there was a correlation.

I got VIN this morning, completed insurance and payment. Then received link to schedule delivery time. After picking my time they confirmed my address and now on my page it has date and time and my address for delivery.
So lucky! Keep an eye out for more Plaids on the lot. Curious to see if more colors made it out (like red) 😂 Congrats! You may be one the first few to have a Plaid in LA?

if there is no point of impact along the crack you shouldn’t have any trouble with warranty. Is the crack near where the defroster wires in? I believe there was a correlation.
Yes, no point of impact and across the defroster wires. I will try to get a warranty claim, but Tesla has been terrible lately telling me things that are broken on the car are due to abuse instead of defect.