Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have taken delivery of a Tesla recently, and did not finance, WHEN did you pay the balance and what method (How) did you use (personal check, certified check, Wire, etc.)

Edit: When I took delivery of my 3, I used a personal check AFTER my delivery walk-around and inspection.
We paid by bank transfer after they told us we could inspect and report problems within first 100 miles. Only downside SA told me was that if I rejected delivery, they would hold my money until next vehicle was delivered. I paid Thursday, called Friday to confirm our pickup at service center on Saturday and they told me they could drive car to house that on Friday if I wanted. Car was delivered with 30 miles on it and we inspected it in driveway and service center made corrections.

OK, let’s admit it. The refreshed S wouldn’t be the highly unique and desirable vehicle that it is without the yoke set up. It’s part of the Elon mystique that keeps us intrigued ( and buying Tesla’s). Of course there are a few other featur
I do find it unique and I do actually enjoy using the yoke. The stalkless setup, or rather, the place of the buttons, could use a lot of improvement IMHO. But the yoke itself I do like.

But like I said, don't let anyone hear you say that out loud.

Been lurking for past month since ordering my MSLR Red/Cream,Walnut/19" on 7/1 (what luck ordering prior to both 5k increases!!)- original EDD of October. Yesterday my EDD was updated to Nov 22nd to Dec 12th. I have been trying to test drive the MS so I can check out the yoke for myself - I'm currently driving a M3 LR RWD that I picked up in June 2018 and stupid excited to upgrade to the MS LR.

To echo some of the members, I went from an SA who was extremely responsive, typically replying within an hour to my texts and then has gone entirely dark the last 3-4 weeks. I decided to call up Tesla this morning and to my surprise, I was connected with a human in literally minutes, and get this he tells me I deserve better communication given the amount of money I am spending! Color me shocked! Went on to explain there are no current refreshed MS for test drive due to shortage but he would get in contact with my SA and note that in my account. He did confirm that I am soft matched for late Nov early Dec as listed in my account.

I did mention that I would be open to upgrading to plaid if the case came up at EOQ where they'd do it without the 10k increase. He replied that the price uptick is automatic, in which I said I would not pay. We'll see if they have one in the Chicago area for EOQ push. Not sure I really want to pay that much extra for plaid anyway, but I'm in a financial spot in life where it isn't a stretch so I'm considering.

I've called a couple times. I got someone with a very similar message yesterday. Corporate communication - "Stop being rude to the customers" - is my guess. My guy told me he'd email me after following up with the "ground team" to see if there are any opportunities to accelerate for different configs. He didn't, so that at least hasn't changed.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
To each their own, but I strongly recommend not pulling that plug. It's there for a reason, so that people walking in parking lots not paying attention (which there are a lot of) don't get runover by your otherwise silent car. Just sayin.🙂
As if people had something on their shoulders that swivels and can see or hear moving objects. I get the edges cases (blind and deaf), but for other people - you have to lose some hope for them.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid