Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello gang, ex-grumpy cat here. I'm conscientious about taking up bandwidth on this thread, as if it ever needed more content, but I did just want to report back with the results of my first two months of life with Nameless (my refresh MS LR). As I spent 9 months ogling pics of all you guys' cars, here are a few of Nameless.

I ended up going with XPEL Stealth all over, ceramic over that and the interior, 35% tint 3/4 around, and black logos fore and aft.

If I'd known about XPEL Stealth before I ordered, though, I would definitely have ordered Nameless in red (well, at least if I'd seen the Stealth over Tesla red). But over the blue ain't bad.

This evening I let a good friend of mine who happens to be a Buddhist meditation center head teacher take Nameless for a spin, and I didn't know Buddhist meditation teachers had such...colorful words in their vocabulary LOL.

[EDIT:] Oh, and I should add that XPEL Stealth somehow makes even the stock 19" plastic hub caps look good. Don't ask me how. I was planning to shop for alloy 19s to replace the stock ones, but now I don't think I'll be needing to.

IMG_0191.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg
View attachment 730172
IMG_0194.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Hello gang, ex-grumpy cat here. I'm conscientious about taking up bandwidth on this thread, as if it ever needed more content, but I did just want to report back with the results of my first two months of life with Nameless (my refresh MS LR). As I spent 6 months ogling pics of all you guys' cars, here are a few of Nameless.

I ended up going with XPEL Stealth all over, ceramic over that and the interior, 35% tint 3/4 around, and black logos fore and aft.

If I'd known about XPEL Stealth before I ordered, though, I would definitely have ordered Nameless in red (well, at least if I'd seen the Stealth over Tesla red). But over the blue ain't bad.

This evening I let a good friend of mine who happens to be a Buddhist meditation center head teacher take Nameless for a spin, and I didn't know Buddhist meditation teachers had such...colorful words in their vocabulary LOL.

View attachment 730169View attachment 730173View attachment 730172
Hey man great to see you post up again! Car's looking good!:)

How do you place your account on hold?
I called my SA and told him, I def wanted a 2022. He said to tell him "I'll be out of country till 12/2/21". His words, not mine. He said "It is best to inform them at Corporate offices too & use this email: [email protected] Give them your RN , name, phone no. and other deets for tracking you. I did this for my MY on HOLD order and got a reply from an "Inside Ops Advisor" and will be placed into the que once "I return to States".
When they text you to schedule pick-up, state you can’t and state why. In my case, this led to a phone call from the delivery center at which point I explained I was going to be out of country. Then asked for my delivery to pushed out to match my return. Was assured I was not going back to the end of the line.
Or this works too. I'd hate to string the purchase this far along, personally, but it prob is good too. Reminds me too much of an instance w a young hottie at a high school dance.... ;)

Hello gang, ex-grumpy cat here. I'm conscientious about taking up bandwidth on this thread, as if it ever needed more content, but I did just want to report back with the results of my first two months of life with Nameless (my refresh MS LR). As I spent 6 months ogling pics of all you guys' cars, here are a few of Nameless.

View attachment 730169View attachment 730173View attachment 730172
Nameless looks great! It’s Matte Peacock Blue! 🦚

Model X reservation here. How’s the white seats for model S’s? Are there more delays with white seats than other colors?
Yes I called my local tesla store and they said they have plenty of Plaids (and LRs I assume) with black interior. Took me a while to finally find a white interior. Also on the Tesla site they said white interiors will take longer too so there's that

On Nov 5th they changed my Nov 4-24 EDD to changed to Nov 8-Dec 1, today they again changed to Nov 13-27.. narrowing from 3 to 2 weeks.. no VIN yet.. can someone tell me how many days before final delivery timeframe the VIN is posted to the account.

MSLR Red/Black/19/FSD - May 2021 order
Two weeks. ;)

It varies a lot, but you may get a VIN very soon. It is common to get a VIN within days of your EDD range narrowing to two weeks.