Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations. The white interior is truly stunning.
Thanks. It does make for a very spacious feel to the cabin.
C02FBCF8-971B-4946-AA51-58837642EC30.jpeg

3BD1DC2C-78CE-4750-85BC-2FE8F7B79A96.jpeg

Will Christmas arrive before Thanksgiving this year?! My EDD is Nov 11-Dec 1, RN 115145, MSLR Blue/ Cream/ 21”/wood/FSD. Service Advisor told me today that in their system, expected build date is Nov 22nd (pushed back from Nov 17). So he says end of Nov seems possible, maybe a tad earlier if I am lucky. So those of you who are tracking which color Teslas are getting delivered faster etc., do you think there is a chance I may get my Christmas present before Thanksgiving? Trying to plan a trip to Palm Springs for Thanksgiving.

<looks at your config and location>

Saaaay, can you ask your SA to see if Tesla can just build an extra copy while they're at it, please? 😇

New to the forum. Been monitoring while waiting to take delivery. This beauty just arrived and took delivery last night.View attachment 729974
View attachment 729976
Looks gorgeous! That’s my exact config and we’re both based in Texas so I must ask when did you order? I placed mine back in January and I’m STILL waiting.

Good news and bad news today.

I finally received a VIN, but it's a 2021 model year, built 10/29/21... So literally 2 days before what we all expect to be the switchover date. 😣

VIN is MF454.

So I'm stuck in sort of a rut. While all of us Tesla people know model years do not matter, the average person doesn't. I'm planning on keeping the car 18-24 months and to have waited this long to be 2 days from a model year switchover is a bit....annoying. There wasn't a real benefit of waiting.

I also told myself that I wouldn't get it if ANC wasn't turned on, as it is one of the primary features I'm looking forward to and I'm not quite sure I trust Tesla to deliver. I think they will release something, but I'd like to know it actually works first. On top of that, there's signs that others have pointed out that there's a motor coming for the screen tilting function.

So, idk, I'm in a bit of a rut. I obviously want the car pretty badly but I also don't want to make a decision to take it and then regretting it as soon as the model year updates and if/when they put that stupid tilting screen feature back in.

Luckily, I have around 2 weeks to decide as I live about as far away as you can from Tesla so I'm going to think on it next week and make a call based on how things go.

If I don't take it now, then I'd have a hold places on my account until Jan 1. Not doing the end of qtr rush *sugar* out the door end of year thing with them.

I wonder if my car had the same issue, finally got it today after waiting two weeks for them to fix something, they wouldn’t tell me. Hang in there, I know it suck’s beyond belief. If it wasn’t for the $12,600 price difference, I honestly would have passed on the car, and ordered a 2022.
Pics or it didn't happen!

I'm going to give potentially bad advice here... but my delivery process took about 8 minutes total. They brought it to my house, I signed some paperwork, and they left. I didn't ask for a walk thru of the car at all because I trusted if I found any issues they would fix them. After they left, I found a hole in my rear seat upholstery, immediately took a picture, submitted a ticket and it was replaced 2 weeks later when I was finally able to get in to service. Currently I'm sitting in the waiting room at my service center while they replace my yoke but there weren't any issues day of with the yoke to be concerned with. I've had good luck, they haven't questioned the legitimacy of the problems I've found, and I didn't cheat myself out of months of driving this wonderful car over minor fixable issues. If you don't take delivery, someone else might and push you back to a further date with a similarly flawed product.

But then again, I trust humanity and have a loud enough mouth to usually swindle my way into free repairs. Also my service center is pretty great. We will see how long it lasts. As far as taking delivery of a car with issues, if you find issues on delivery with the guy standing right there he can document them, submit the service request and get you an appointment for later. Unless it's something ludicrous like the rear hatch not closing or something I would still drive home in your sweet new vehicle knowing that you have an appointment for repairs a little later on. The car still drove like a beast despite the .5in hole in my rear seat. Frankly, I wasn't sitting back there so I didn't care terribly too much
Thanks for the input. Lots of good points. My closest service center is 3 hours away. So not quite as simple but I’ll keep it all in mind at pick up.

I finally received a VIN, but it's a 2021 model year, built 10/29/21... So literally 2 days before what we all expect to be the switchover date. 😣

VIN is MF454.

So I'm stuck in sort of a rut. While all of us Tesla people know model years do not matter, the average person doesn't. I'm planning on keeping the car 18-24 months and to have waited this long to be 2 days from a model year switchover is a bit....annoying. There wasn't a real benefit of waiting.

I also told myself that I wouldn't get it if ANC wasn't turned on, as it is one of the primary features I'm looking forward to and I'm not quite sure I trust Tesla to deliver. I think they will release something, but I'd like to know it actually works first. On top of that, there's signs that others have pointed out that there's a motor coming for the screen tilting function.

So, idk, I'm in a bit of a rut. I obviously want the car pretty badly but I also don't want to make a decision to take it and then regretting it as soon as the model year updates and if/when they put that stupid tilting screen feature back in.

Luckily, I have around 2 weeks to decide as I live about as far away as you can from Tesla so I'm going to think on it next week and make a call based on how things go.

If I don't take it now, then I'd have a hold places on my account until Jan 1. Not doing the end of qtr rush *sugar* out the door end of year thing with them.
Just take delivery and enjoy the car as it is till ANC comes out, then enjoy it even more after. Or if you aren't enjoying the car just sell it for probably more than you paid.

@Tigers, IMHO, I don't see much of a rut for you to be stuck in. So, the facts you stated are:
1. I'm planning on keeping the car 18-24 months...
2. 2 days from a model year switchover...
3. While all of us Tesla people know model years do not matter, the average person doesn't.
4. Luckily, I have around 2 weeks to decide as I live about as far away as you can from Tesla...
5. I wouldn't get it if ANC wasn't turned on...that there's a motor coming for the screen tilting function.
Not doing the end of qtr rush *sugar* out the door end of year thing with them.
So, I do believe you've answered your own quandary. Place acc on HOLD, and patiently wait for the 2022 and get it on Jan 1. I'm in the same boat, but do fervently hope to get my 2022 by Christmas.

VIN is MF454.

Having an ANC function that silences the screams of my wife, as I go too fast around the curve... is an absolute must. Delay your delivery.

VIN is MF454.

If you tell them you will away during the delivery window they should put you back in line for next available. That may still be well before the EOQ rush and also be a 2022. You have waited this long why not get the advantage of a 2022?

@Tigers, IMHO, I don't see much of a rut for you to be stuck in. So, the facts you stated are:

So, I do believe you've answered your own quandary. Place acc on HOLD, and patiently wait for the 2022 and get it on Jan 1. I'm in the same boat, but do fervently hope to get my 2022 by Christmas.
Taking delivery on 1/1 would very likely be a EOQ rush build. Why not just push it back a few weeks?

How do you place your account on hold?

Looks gorgeous! That’s my exact config and we’re both based in Texas so I must ask when did you order? I placed mine back in January and I’m STILL waiting
I ordered May 2021. Got a EDD in August with a 4 week range mid Oct to Mid Nov. The range updated several times usually moving the earliest date back and narrowing the range until it was 1 week with a VIN about 2 weeks prior to delivery. Hope yours comes through soon. Mine was manufactured on 10/19/21

How do you place your account on hold?
When they text you to schedule pick-up, state you can’t and state why. In my case, this led to a phone call from the delivery center at which point I explained I was going to be out of country. Then asked for my delivery to pushed out to match my return. Was assured I was not going back to the end of the line.