Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@lbowroom I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Signature SV104s, in Brushed Black Triple Tint, and my titanium lugs from Acer Racing. What “nuts”’are you running?
Deez nuts.... sorry, had to. Weird, I bought Gorilla lug nuts from evannex.com but they don't seem to be on their site anymore.

I am freaking pissed! My brand new 2022 Tesla Model S Plaid with 400 miles gave me a service suspension light while I am driving on the highway. All of sudden the left front tire shreds all the off. I pull to the side of the highway and yep just a bare rim completely ruined. I am thinking the suspension was dropped down on the tire and caused it to shred.

I call roadside and spend 25 minutes on the phone with some moron who couldn't find where I was even though I gave him the exact location. Then he finally gets a tow truck company and they say it will be an hour and a half!

Tesla will be getting me a new wheel and rim at least they better. Only good thing at all is they gave me a S 100D as a loaner.
The suspension can't collapse onto the tire at any height, unless of course it comes apart in spectacular fashion from missing bolts, etc..., which doesn't appear to be the case.

Deez nuts.... sorry, had to. Weird, I bought Gorilla lug nuts from evannex.com but they don't seem to be on their site anymore.

Those are locks....
These are all locks. I went with these for a uniform look (and might as well make them a little harder to steal). Wheels are Signature SV104 in Brushed Black Triple Tinted.

Gorilla Automotive 96643BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 20-Pack)

Not titanium of course but I don't have a problem with heavy nuts.

IMG_6080D (1).jpeg

Went with these “nuts”….

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Update for my RN 1154 LR BLK/BLK 19".
My Tesla rep told me we are three weeks out and wants me to pay/wire the funds now.

Considering I won't accept the car unless it has the new lights should I just wait for the VIN and then push the delivery/ decline the vehicle?

What is the best way to confirm I get a vehicle with the updated lights/charge port?

My Tesla rep told me we are three weeks out and wants me to pay/wire the funds now.

Considering I won't accept the car unless it has the new lights should I just wait for the VIN and then push the delivery/ decline the vehicle?

What is the best way to confirm I get a vehicle with the updated lights/charge port?
Order it after they announce it? Until then, it'll be a total crapshoot as Tesla doesn't really announce changes, they're always rolling in new ones.

Unlikely that there will be a new charge port. We don't even know if North American cars are going to get new lights...

The best way to confirm is to not place your order until the changes you want are advertised on the Tesla site.

You could ask your SA to put your order 'on hold' until you can verify that the delivered cars include the options you want, then remove the hold. I understand that this does not put you at the end of the line, nor will you lose your original order fee or pricing.

is this new? Not sure I've heard of having to pay in full THREE WEEKS before you even see the car?

You could ask your SA to put your order 'on hold' until you can verify that the delivered cars include the options you want, then remove the hold. I understand that this does not put you at the end of the line, nor will you lose your original order fee or pricing.
That sounds like the way it SHOULD be. I just got a notice that my S will be delievered in the next couple of weeks. I am afraid to even send a "thank you" note for fear it might be misinterpreted!
I walked into a Tesla showroom several months ago, and when I suggested I wanted to change the color on my order, the Tesla guy put his hands up and said, "Don't do that!", suggesting I would be sent to the back of the line. I decide right then and there that 1) I would make no further contact and 2) I love white!

Hi gang,
some minor updates.
1) only 3 sleeps till I meet my baby, which I have confirmed is at the SC. (it can't wait to meet me either!) :)
Great & congrats! I had a Friday appt, but they texted last night to see if I wanted to move it up as my car arrived 'early'. My estimate at time of order back in June was Sept/Oct, so I think we have different definitions for 'early'. Anyway, tomorrow looks like it will finally be my day.

is this new? Not sure I've heard of having to pay in full THREE WEEKS before you even see the car?
Back in 2015 when I bought my first S I paid for it a full month before it was delivered. In that case however, I had done everything online and when the VIN was assigned the system requested a full payment which I proceeded to provide without talking to anyone. I wouldn't do that now. I did not finance that purchase back then and so there was no second set of eyes to question the wisdom of paying that early. Mind you back then the VIN was assigned before the car was even manufactured.

In really glad you're getting your car. I know how painful it is waiting, but forgive me for saying that it's posts like this one that make me loathe the Tesla buying process. That you ordered 6 months after me, got your VIN (days) after me (1/15 vs 1/6), yet are still getting a newer build than me (467 vs 464) and having it delivered before me (my first available date was 1/21 vs your 1/18), really sticks in my craw.

Sorry for the sour grapes. Enjoy the car in good health, my friend.
No worries. Imagine the chagrin of having people pay more for Plain models just to get them in a few weeks. But I suppose the Tesla delivery monkey needed to have one more laugh at my expense: my delivery date was pushed off due to an "Unprecedented logistical delay." So I going to pick it up today, but I it was pushed off to this Sunday.

Agreed with the whole Tesla buying process... Under normal circumstances, this whole ordeal should be seamless and buyers should have a good estimate on when their car arrives, rather than an entropic assignment of EDDs & VINs.