Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truck Update:

So my truck dropped off his 3rd car at a big house in Suwanee (right on the golf course), but now (drum-roll!) he's heading south on I-75 about 90 miles from the Florida state border. Woohoo! I'm guessing that he'll get to Tampa tomorrow, ahead of schedule. Not counting on getting my car earlier, but maybe.....:smile:

Truck Update:

So my truck dropped off his 3rd car at a big house in Suwanee (right on the golf course), but now (drum-roll!) he's heading south on I-75 about 90 miles from the Florida state border. Woohoo! I'm guessing that he'll get to Tampa tomorrow, ahead of schedule. Not counting on getting my car earlier, but maybe.....:smile:

I do hope it's early too. Doesn't seem very efficient to keep the vehicles on the same truck for multiple local deliveries. Why not drop at one spot, let the big truck keep moving, and then let the DES deliver the vehicles.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

Based on what I'm reading in this thread, the estimates for P# 205 they've given (Mid October, then early November, then November, and as of two weeks ago, "Late November or early December") I'm assuming I won't have it in 2012.

I guess I have to buy another set of winter tires for my Roadster after all. Rats.

I do hope it's early too. Doesn't seem very efficient to keep the vehicles on the same truck for multiple local deliveries. Why not drop at one spot, let the big truck keep moving, and then let the DES deliver the vehicles.
When the service centers are all built out this is what they'll do. But for now they have to drop them off one at a time from the big truck.

- - - Updated - - -

Why couldn't we get ours in dec? Am I missing something, shouldn't r and p start production in a couple weeks? I'm pretty sure all my emails have told me i would get it this year.
I'm the last R and I'm "fingers crossed" for Thanksgiving but most likely early December. I would assume they'll have produced P800 or so by end of the year - whether you take possession would depend on how far away you are from Fremont.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he is trying to get your car delivered and then get out of there before the storm hits.

Your geography is a little off. It was windy here today but nothing special high of 86F and zero precipitation, and the storm is expected to be past us by tomorrow night.

Doesn't seem very efficient to keep the vehicles on the same truck for multiple local deliveries.

It isn't, but *strider* is right. There are no Tesla premises in Atlanta yet.

Based on what I'm reading in this thread, the estimates for P# 205 they've given (Mid October, then early November, then November, and as of two weeks ago, "Late November or early December") I'm assuming I won't have it in 2012.

I guess I have to buy another set of winter tires for my Roadster after all. Rats.

finout, if you have a Roadster, wouldn't you be an R not a P?

Truck Update:

Ill watch for him passing st Petersburg!

from my Samsung galaxy s3

@rbmartin: hope you are enjoying your Model S.

We just got ours today. Sig 255 delivered to our house at 3 pm. It was supposedly the 320th car to roll off the assembly line. Very nice car.

One thing the Tesla folks need to address in a software update is the issue of returning to the car to unload groceries. The car turns off and locks up automatically, but when I open the rear hatch to get some bags out, the AC music and lights all come on. I suspect this will be an easy fix.

@rbmartin: hope you are enjoying your Model S.

We just got ours today. Sig 255 delivered to our house at 3 pm. It was supposedly the 320th car to roll off the assembly line. Very nice car.

One thing the Tesla folks need to address in a software update is the issue of returning to the car to unload groceries. The car turns off and locks up automatically, but when I open the rear hatch to get some bags out, the AC music and lights all come on. I suspect this will be an easy fix.

Congrats on your car and I agree, it has been awesome so far. Do you have auto-lock when walking away enabled under settings? This may be why it is locked when you walk back to it.

Congrats on your car and I agree, it has been awesome so far. Do you have auto-lock when walking away enabled under settings? This may be why it is locked when you walk back to it.

Actually the issue is not that it locks up. The issue is that all the electronics including the AC come on even though all I'm doing is getting bags out of the trunk. The electronics should remain off until I sit in the driver's seat ready to drive.

Picked up my Model S at the Factory this afternoon - thank you Lauren!

Sig #566
VIN #452

Signature Performance
Signature Red
Black interior with carbon fiber
Panoramic roof
Carbon fiber spoiler
Paint Armor
21" silver wheels

HPWC later
Parcel shelf later

Does have the cubby under the 17" display

2 and a half hours between the factory tour and the delivery instructions.

Factory tour was awesome - lots of cars are in production!

Synced the car with my new IPhone 5 over bluetooth and listened to music and received 2 calls.

Creep is now one of the available options.

Regenerative braking was a godsend in the stop and go traffic on the way home.

My Tesla account already reads "Delivered" and the owners manual is now available online.

How great is that!!!

Picked up my Model S at the Factory this afternoon - thank you Lauren!

Sig #566
VIN #452

Signature Performance
Signature Red
Black interior with carbon fiber
Panoramic roof
Carbon fiber spoiler
Paint Armor
21" silver wheels

HPWC later
Parcel shelf later

Does have the cubby under the 17" display

2 and a half hours between the factory tour and the delivery instructions.

Factory tour was awesome - lots of cars are in production!

Synced the car with my new IPhone 5 over bluetooth and listened to music and received 2 calls.

Creep is now one of the available options.

Regenerative braking was a godsend in the stop and go traffic on the way home.

My Tesla account already reads "Delivered" and the owners manual is now available online.

How great is that!!!

Awesome!!

Actually the issue is not that it locks up. The issue is that all the electronics including the AC come on even though all I'm doing is getting bags out of the trunk. The electronics should remain off until I sit in the driver's seat ready to drive.

I strongly disagree and agree!!:)
I love the radio turning on when I open the car door. And to the last thing I was listening to! I do see your point though about it not turning on if the trunk is opened.
Or perhaps that could be an optional setting?

And congratulations!