Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DSC_0624.jpg

So I received my Sig yesterday morning and I had errands to run...had to get the car inspected...and was able to get coverage at work so it was a great day of driving for me.
Went to Port Aransas for dinner and after all was said and done, I put 120 miles on my car. The quality of the ride is superb...very comfortable. I will be stuck at work today but will enjoy that twenty mile commute.

Let us know about your delivery Lynn....hope that you enjoy your new car!

I was just thinking the same thing! It really is a beautiful color...I have a feeling that had I seen the Dolphin Grey in person, I might have chosen it over blue too. But then again, I really like the grey interior (and don't love the tan, and would never get black), so grey in and out might have been a bit boring. But aestheticly, the Dolphin Grey is just gorgeous..

That is a crazy nice color, almost looks steel blue in some shots. Almost makes me second guess my choice of blue.

I was just thinking the same thing! It really is a beautiful color...I have a feeling that had I seen the Dolphin Grey in person, I might have chosen it over blue too. But then again, I really like the grey interior (and don't love the tan, and would never get black), so grey in and out might have been a bit boring. But aestheticly, the Dolphin Grey is just gorgeous..

Funny, because I was sold on the Dolphin Grey *until* I saw it in person. It was at the Santana Row store... I saw it, and it just kind of sat there. I was quite disappointed because I really wanted to like it. On the other hand, they had White on the showroom floor, and I could not take my eyes off of it. It really showed of the lines of the car much better than the Grey. Finalize email came the next morning -> Pearl White. (are we getting too far off topic?)

Here is an interesting thing about the grey. I saw it in person in Chicago, in broad daylight under direct sun, and it absolutely knocked my socks off. I then saw the exact same car at Santana row, where it is in shade of a parking structure, with my wife for a test drive. We had the same exact experience as jhs_7645...it totally did not move us at all.

The opposite was true of the Silver. I saw it in broad daylight in Chicago, and it looked almost white. Nice, nut nothing extraordinary to me. I then saw one a Silver at Park Meadows in Denver, and it utterly blew me away.

So much depends on the lighting!

UPDATE !!!!!

She arrived at 8 am this morning. GORGEOUS CAR!!! Since I don't have registration papers, I had to put her in the garage and ended up coming to work after all. :frown:

Constantine, the driver is my new BF. He is now on his way to pick up a Ferrari and then he'll deliver two Model Ss (black - VIN 1008, white - VIN 969) to Dallas and Fort Worth. I took pictures of both cars and will upload them when I get home tonight.

FYI - THE 18 wheeler is ENORMOUS. If you live on a narrow street, you may want to come up with Plan B. Constantine is very easy to work with if you choose to make a change.

CHECK IN LATER FOR PICTURES!!

yep, looked like stacks of 400-500 of each door piece (for example, that is what they were doing at the time) before the burr sanding station and then an equal to slightly more, couldn't count these ones - just so many I didn't have a chance. I think they are setting up the Model X area past all of the HUGE parts box staging area. Just awesome to see after being there last year.

So I made it back to Eureka starting from Los Altos with less than a full charge, charged at the solar center in Hopland and ate dinner at The Benbow. Awesome car but you all know. Cruise control is the only way to drive 'safely' ssooo tempting just to tappy tappy! but I was careful &played it safe . Lots of odd stares and smiles but met a few guys kayaking in the flood stage waters:scared: and the pickup truck they were driving had a Tesla next car won't have one of these bumper stickers on it. They were stoked to see an S
View attachment 12204
Solar Living Center - Hopland
View attachment 12205
Confused?? Some people are when you rip away from them at mach speed
View attachment 12206
Made it to the border!!! First S in Humboldt?:tongue:

First time I've seen the grey in the wild - Love it! Should have my baby within the next 2 weeks - congrats on your new toy?

First time I've seen the grey in the wild - Love it! Should have my baby within the next 2 weeks - congrats on your new toy?
That's my config. Lighting makes so much difference. In the first picture, with the visible side in the shade, I regret my choice of the grey wheels and the grey paint color underwhelms me. In pictures 2 and 3, they look fantastic and I'm happy with my choice again.

Bi-polar color disorder..."it's great!", "ah, that's crap", "ooh, shiny!"