Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t care if it is yoke or round. But after seeing these, I believe we are all getting round steering wheels. Too bad, the yoke seemed like a cool idea. I guess they haven’t worked it out yet (government approval or maybe impractical). Perhaps the next physical update will be the yoke.

I would be happy to take delivery ASAP with round wheel. I am sick of driving my wife’s car amd looking at my installed wall charger’s green light with nothing to charge.
I am so with you on looking at my installed wall charger’s green light lol.

To calibrate the paint colors and wheels for the new yoke.

Well, we have confirmed pre production cars that were being tested by Tesla engineers that have been different colors. I mean, y'all tell me, why not just paint them all the same color? Unless of course they have altered the paint process for the Model s and decided to make sure it looks correct. IDK, but otherwise, why weren't all the testers the same?

Well, we have confirmed pre production cars that were being tested by Tesla engineers that have been different colors. I mean, y'all tell me, why not just paint them all the same color? Unless of course they have altered the paint process for the Model s and decided to make sure it looks correct. IDK, but otherwise, why weren't all the testers the same?
Why aren’t the testers the same color? No clue, but I assume the S is painted in the same booth as every other Tesla. Possible they just paint them whatever color the booth is currently shooting at the moment it’s ready to be painted.

Reactions: omarsultan
Yeah, possibly. Hope they fix the panel gaps on these things before sending...

I'd rather wait until the end of April so the body of my car doesn't look like picture 4. That trunk has like a one inch gap on the left side and the hood is also misaligned.
I’d bet the external assembly process is close to identical as it’s always been. Tesla has never been able to get panel gaps consistently right they’re always “within tolerance” or whatever. If you’re going to wait for the panels to be aligned well, you might want to look at a different manufacturer! :)

Elon just tweeted the refreshed Model S will be delivering itself to reservation holders via FSD 🤪 (since we’re all speculating)
That's hilarious.

Yesterday, I stopped by the local Tesla shop and asked when they will deliver the refreshed models. They have no clue. My account page still says 6-12 from the ordering date (2/15) - I guess I will stop checking it daily and just wait.
It would be nice to get it soon, winter seems to finally be over in the Northeast.

I don't subscribe to the theory that the cars in the photos are test cars, for several reasons. First, the best way to test a car is to drive it. If these were test cars, we should expect to see people driving them, but instead they are loaded onto a truck. This tells me that the cars are inoperable or at least that no tester was willing to drive them. Second, the cars in the photos have steering wheels, which have been around since Greek and Roman times. There is no need for Tesla to be testing steering wheels; we already know their drawbacks. Third, the cars are painted with expensive paint that is unnecessary for test cars. Fourth, if these were test cars, I would expect to see bumper stickers indicating that so that nearby drivers know to slow down and keep their distance.

Why aren’t those drone folks following these trucks to their destination?

Alright, I will tell you the truth. These cars are going to be used to line up at a Monster Truck Rally for Gravedigger to jump over. It’s very clear to me from the photos. You need different colors to show how many cars are being jumped.
64E52D18-11C6-4955-8AB0-72540026D7B5.jpeg

I don't subscribe to the theory that the cars in the photos are test cars, for several reasons. First, the best way to test a car is to drive it. If these were test cars, we should expect to see people driving them, but instead they are loaded onto a truck. This tells me that the cars are inoperable or at least that no tester was willing to drive them. Second, the cars in the photos have steering wheels, which have been around since Greek and Roman times. There is no need for Tesla to be testing steering wheels; we already know their drawbacks. Third, the cars are painted with expensive paint that is unnecessary for test cars. Fourth, if these were test cars, I would expect to see bumper stickers indicating that so that nearby drivers know to slow down and keep their distance.

Uhm. There's so much in here, I don't even know.

- Testers have already been confirmed to have been sighted driving around (Tesla engineers as the drivers). One of them had a yoke, one had a steering wheel. One had trim, one didn't. But the externals look exactly the same, no special badging or signs, so...

- Maybe the truck is taking these cars to a testing site? No one has a clue where they are going.

- Tesla isn't testing the wheel, but that doesn't mean the wheel doesn't have testing value itself.

-Paint: As stated above, confirmed testers were painted the same as a normal car.

Reactions: omarsultan
Refresh Model S have been spotted on trucks since mid-Feb. Just because the cars have steering wheels, doesn’t mean they’re testing the steering wheels. It may simply mean they’re testing the cars and they just so happen to have steering wheels. Considering no one here has gotten a Vin, the timeline still says 10-14 weeks, and last I read, they’re still re-tooling for production to start. Sum it all up: very slim chance those cars are going to customers. Also, the most popular color is white and I didn’t see any white cars in the recent trucks pics. My bad, there are a couple white.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigers
What if they’re not actually making ANY true production cars right now? That’s what I think is going on. No idea what the cars that are being transported are to be used for, but I don’t think the production lines are churning out any true, customer production cars. Yoke, no yoke. Badge, no badge, etc.

And for the chicken dinner...

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo
What if they’re not actually making ANY true production cars right now? That’s what I think is going on. No idea what the cars that are being transported are to be used for, but I don’t think the production lines are churning out any true, customer production cars. Yoke, no yoke. Badge, no badge, etc.
I agree 100%