Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is this? Ft Lauderdale or Miami? If so, I think we all need to g2g next weekend to demand a test drive of that MS Plaid. If there are new refreshed MS Plaids in S FL, then we should be allowed to friggen test drive them before handing over $146k to Tesla to take delivery of our own car! And - btw - don’t understand why it has that front license plate holder since FL doesn’t have front plates. But maybe it just came that way from CA and they never removed it. I hope the Tesla SC will remove the front plate bracket if I ask them before taking delivery if it comes on there as default. That’s not cool in FL and it must be removed (and I would rather they do it than me...I’m likely to accidentally remove the front bumper all together, lol! 😜).
This is def cali the Tesla next to it has california plates.

I have a new theory for what is holding up the Model S/X.

Tesla is currently testing to see whether drivers prefer the yoke or a steering wheel and whether Tesla needs to make the steering wheel an available option for older drivers. They were surprised by the backlash against the yoke because it seemed obviously superior to the steering wheel. They didn’t realize how set in their ways some folks would be.

Tesla is currently testing to see whether drivers prefer the yoke or a steering wheel and whether Tesla needs to make the steering wheel an available option for older drivers. They were surprised by the backlash against the yoke because it seemed obviously superior to the steering wheel. They didn’t realize how set in their ways some folks would be.
Um, yeah. Im sure that’s it.

Um, yeah. Im sure that’s it.

Can't be.

If that was the only blocker then they could’ve just provided to choose the option to yoke or joke (wheels).

It doesn’t make sense to hold the delivery from a business perspective for this long if they were ready to deliver the cars.

Well we've seen multiple reports that Tesla could be using AMDs Nav 23 GPU for it's entertainment (see Tesla Model S and Model X refresh gaming, infotainment system GPU details leaked) We know that the Model S has a different chipset to the 3/Y because Elon has told us you'll be able to run Witcher 3 on it. Not sure if any of you have tried to buy any of latest AMD graphics cards lately, or even one of their CPUs, but there is a huge supply issue.

P.s. I was one of those folks who had a '-' for the delivery date and now has blank then "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. ". Ordered LR on Jan 28th.

I have two 1st gen Ryzens I want to upgrade when the price of the new gen comes down, but stocks are very low even four months after introduction.

The Model Y plate, next to this blue plaid says California. Also steep street and houses style look like San Francisco(though very hard to say for sure)

Below the video the description says:
"New Tesla model S plaid spotted in San Francisco"

Will someone please check the rear tire size
I'm dying to know this too, but it's just not visible from that vid. The front is clearly 265/35 though. In one of the previous videos it did look like 285, but it wasn't very clear. Btw, we should prob be having this conversation in the new thread the moderator moved the previous tire posts to Model S 2021 refresh tire / wheel size

Just received another text;

Hello xxxxx, currently your estimated delivery date would be in May - June. Once your Tesla has been built and has a VIN assigned we'll notify you as soon as possible and begin coordinating payment and insurance. Thank you! - TESLA

MS-LR Ordered 1/28/21
Is there a reason TX keeps getting at least a text communication and no other state is receiving these?

Thought this was relevant. I'm watching the documentary "Revenge of the Electric Car", and heard this fantastic quote from Musk:
"We're facing... a crisis of confidence [from] the customers... You can only tell them 'delayed' so many times, and then they start to think, man... is this company ever gonna get me a car?"
Man... is this company ever gonna get me a car?

[Context]: re: quality issues on early Roadsters that were preventing them from shipping

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo and Tigers