Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
East coast February 15 order for an LR is still holding steady at "6 - 12 weeks from date of order", and SA told me weeks ago to expect an April/May delivery, so he is not wrong yet and all of the math checks out. I thus am still lacking anything to complain about, especially if it shows up with a yoke as listed in the order details.

Reactions: Tigers
Ex’s y
Yes - coming from the factory once the car is already completed and has a VIN - it takes roughly 10 days to get to Central Texas, which was my scenario with the Model 3.

Also - Tesla does not ship cars to customers in Texas until everything is fully paid for. So if his dates are true - he'd have to get a VIN basically today or tomorrow, pay it in full to get it by 4/18. So it is feasible, assuming the car comes off of the line ASAP, but not likely I'd say.
Do you have to pay in full before they ship to all states?

Just adding my data point…
Called Tesla today (logistics/vehicle delivery)
I was told May/June. I asked if this was specific to my reservation number or just a stock response that everybody would be getting. I told him “I assume there must be a pretty large backlog at this point.” And he responded yes to the backlog and that May/June was specific to my reservation number. RN114620xxx
Placed 3/11/21
I also asked him if he had any idea why there was such a delay and he said he didn’t know.
That's really helpful information. I ordered on 03/01/21 and my delivery says 4-11 weeks. It be safe to say that my delivery will also be May/June...hopefully

Attachments

• IMG_1687.jpeg
    IMG_1687.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: boonedocks
I live about 6 hours from Fremont!

I live about 5 minutes from the Birmingham transfer hub ... there are at any point several hundred Tesla's on the lot ... they get picked up and moved all over the place ... we have to drive 2 hours to Atlanta to buy one ... even if it's sitting in the lot just down the street it has to be put on a truck, hauled to Atlanta, and we take delivery there. Roll Tide.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Considering my best-guess delivery estimate is 14-18 MONTHS for a Plaid+, I'm a little jealous of you lot, lol
A few weeks ago, I switched from a plaid plus to a plaid and I'm happy with my decision. Maybe I'll upgrade to a plaid plus when it comes out but I'll have to see if it's worth it. Not only is the plaid plus $30k more, I'll also end up taking a $20k- 30k hit on my plaid. To justify the $50k-60k cost to upgrade, the plaid plus will need to offer more than just a couple tenths faster and an extra 130 miles of range. Yes the plus will have the new 4680 batteries and some of the other technology discussed on battery day. The plaid plus sounds promising but it might not be in my driveway until 2023.
I switched to plaid simply because I don't have the patience to wait until mid-2022 which could easily spill into 2023. Also who knows what other EVs will be available by then.

Reactions: elguapo and lzolman