Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still waiting. No VIN today. Shocking!!!

On the other hand, yesterday I watched a video ( dont know if anyone posted the review Test-Driving The All-New Mercedes EQS In New York City ) of some dude taking the new mb ev from manhattan to philly. It is probably out of my price range, but if I had the money, I would switch my order to the MB. It just seems to be a beautiful luxury EV that I would like to own. I know that MB’s have a weird tech interface and my new Tesla S will have more intuitive controls.
My last 2 MB’s were the sl550 and AMG gts. The tech stuff was really behind the times, but I got used to it. The Sl 550 was the most luxurious sporty car I have ever owned. The AMG GTS was not very comfortable. But fit and finish on both Mercedes was fantastic. Neither one ever needed service other than yearly oil change. Owned the SL for 3 years and leased the AMG for 2 years.

Ok back to reality:
I would really like to get my new S soon. I hope Elon discusses it during earnings call.

Last edited:
Reactions: sflgator
notice the word ESTIMATED. Granted, they are way off. For reasons unknown at this time.

Cancel your order. That’s the best thing you can do for yourself.
You can still want the car and be critical of the company. I am disgusted with the company and feel that they misled me either purposely or because Elon doesn’t care about the S customers, but I will keep waiting for the new S. IMO, Tesla makes a great car but management stinks.

Grr am I alone here in wishing carbon fiber inlays were an option on LR?? Wood look is so outdated. I'm really surprised they haven't used something else or at least offered something else. Rivian has a cool all black wood option. CF, aluminum. Anything but brown/ebony mixed wood barf.

Haha! I'm the exact opposite. I don't know why - I hate the look of carbon fiber (or the way it is done in cars). It makes me feel like I'm buying a race car, but what I want is a little more upscale feel. I will agree - the wood doesn't look good and I bet it's going to be that weird fake plastic wood stuff that's going to be even worse in a few years. But I'd take it over the carbon fiber - just hate the look of that!

Last edited:
Reactions: josahua
You can still want the car and be critical of the company. I am disgusted with the company and feel that they misled me either purposely or because Elon doesn’t care about the S customers, but I will keep waiting for the new S. IMO, Tesla makes a great car but management stinks.
I never said people shouldn’t be critical of the company. I have my complaints with them as well. Just interesting how people react.

Haha! I'm the exact opposite. I don't know why - I hate the look of carbon fiber (or the way it is done in cars). It makes me feel like I'm buying a race car, but what I want is a little more upscale feel. I will agree - the wood doesn't look good and I bet it's going to be that weird fake plastic wood stuff that's going to be even worse in a few years. But I'd take it over the carbon fiber - just hate the look of that!
At least there is the option of wraps now. Whatever look you like, you can have done

notice the word ESTIMATED. Granted, they are way off. For reasons unknown at this time.

Cancel your order. That’s the best thing you can do for yourself.
There is a difference between an incorrect estimate, which I might grumble about, and a knowingly false estimate, which makes my blood boil. Given that it is April and Tesla still appears to be putting together the production line to build the car that it said months ago was already being produced, I believe Tesla knowingly provided a false estimate. And I believe they did so to trick people into a buying a car that didn’t exist.

FSD, so I have not selected it currently... my plan is to use the subscriber model every once in a while (assuming I can add/drop as needed) and check its status.... by the time it’s ready for prime time maybe I’ll add to next EV.
But with a potential 10k tax credit considering adding it.... thoughts ?
Guesses for costs on the subscription model ??

Actually, unlikely it's that plasticy covered wood, like MB or BMW. We have a 2021 X and it's real wood -- look and feel.

Reactions: elguapo
There is a difference between an incorrect estimate, which I might grumble about, and a knowingly false estimate, which makes my blood boil. Given that it is April and Tesla still appears to be putting together the production line to build the car that it said months ago was already being produced, I believe Tesla knowingly provided a false estimate. And I believe they did so to trick people into a buying a car that didn’t exist.
Estimated delivery is now July. No issue with lies or communication. Tesla doesn't have to provide anymore detail. Perhaps we'll get lucky and delivery will come sooner.

IDK - but the more I think about it, the more I think that they purposely stopped production to change the design (but not necessarily things you can see) to make the car more competitive first.
Maybe reverse that--the are stuck with a production delay for some reason, so using the time to tweak

They turned the MCU 90 degrees and made it look stupid by not being integrated.
I wish that was part of the Model 3/Y design language they did not copy for the new S/X. I liked the integrated look in the old S/X and. While I have mixed feelings regarding the EQS interior, I do like the way the central display is integrated into the console. OTOH, I think the ergonomics of Tesla's placement are better than the EQS or Lucid design.

Grr am I alone here in wishing carbon fiber inlays were an option on LR?? Wood look is so outdated. I'm really surprised they haven't used something else or at least offered something else. Rivian has a cool all black wood option. CF, aluminum. Anything but brown/ebony mixed wood barf.
If you really hate it, you can likely just order the CF trim bits from Service and swap the bits out yourself--as we have all seen, they just clip in.

not a fan of the carbon fiber look at all. But I do wish Tesla offered more choices like that for customers 👍👆

Actually, unlikely it's that plasticy covered wood, like MB or BMW. We have a 2021 X and it's real wood -- look and feel.

Don't the newer Model S cars have a plastic-y wood trim where the sliding mechanism is for cup holders? I mean I don't *hate* it, but I like the wood trim on the dash of the existing S better (I thought they were two different materials, but I dont own an S so feel free to correct me).

Reactions: Drew-MS
Tesla should offer an upgrade to nicer trim. I actually don’t like carbon fiber either. I’d prefer the trim in my P100D, a very dark ash wood.

Reactions: josahua
Well technically it’s just a small deposit at the moment. I could see being really upset if people paid the full price waiting for delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: RMG007