Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My interpretation (and hope) is that this is that the delay is for "new" orders and does not apply for us that have existing orders. We shall see...

Would be a bit strange to tell us last week "probably next month (May)" and then update the website to august/sept and thats when things will start. so this is obviously for new orders. Also - I believe that the S/X demand must be insanely high. A lot people (like myself) would have never bought the old S/X and now I'm pushing my budget up to get it because I think it is so much better than everything else.

FSD ( a touch off topic)
1620415568975.png

It's hard to disagree ... superfans (like those of us that take the time to join forums like this) are going to understand ... most are just going to go by the propaganda machine ... Elon is too close to the situation to see it from the lay-person's perspective ...
Nothing Tesla or Elon Musk said here was inaccurate.

What we need are promoters of this life-saving technology, not regulators focused on saving a few individuals' lives (doubtful, actually) while inhibiting progress on technology that will save tens of thousands of lives every year.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: croman
The dates on the custom order page are for *new* orders for the folks just getting into line--it does not impact your delivery date as long as the date is not changing on your order page. Look at it this way, just because the line is growing behind you does not change how close you are to the front of the line.

I have never seen a date on my order page. Strange, but guess it is meaningless at this point anyway. :)

Reactions: lzolman and Tigers
The dates on the custom order page are for *new* orders for the folks just getting into line--it does not impact your delivery date as long as the date is not changing on your order page. Look at it this way, just because the line is growing behind you does not change how close you are to the front of the line.

What date on my order page? I haven’t a date (or even a “-“) for weeks.

Reactions: T-Racer
I am not sure why we are believing Musk this time about deliveries starting soon. It’s basically the same thing he said in January. The only difference this time is he actually mentioned the delays. I don’t really think anything Elon says with regard to a timeline can be relied upon. But I still keep checking this thread multiple times a day just in case.

What date on my order page? I haven’t a date (or even a “-“) for weeks.
Just curious - Has anyone out there cancelled their order. If so, what are you switching to?

At this point I’m considering making the switch to the X5 45e as I’m getting more concerned that the delay may mean we’ll see similar issues that came up with the Model Y’s early production days (plus the $7500 tax credit is enticing).

Just curious - Has anyone out there cancelled their order. If so, what are you switching to?

At this point I’m considering making the switch to the X5 45e as I’m getting more concerned that the delay may mean we’ll see similar issues that came up with the Model Y’s early production days (plus the $7500 tax credit is enticing).
Everyone, get ready to step one spot forward in the MS line.

There’s some selection bias here - I’m guessing people who canceled their MS order won’t be checking this thread on the reg.

I’m REALLY close to switching to M3P. Was planning to wait until New inventory was sitting at delivery centers around mid-June. But that might’ve been blown up as well if they really have sold out all Q2 production.

Reactions: gadelrosario