Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been checking in on this thread every few days. I just go to the last page, back up about three pages, and that pretty much covers anything of substance. Which is probably an oxymoron--this thread and substance.

Anyways...
RN11477
Ordered April 9
LR
White on black
Arachnid wheels
Delivery June 22-30 holding steady for over a week now
Located in SoCal

My birthday is June 30 which is why I'm getting delivery that week. You guys need to make sure your birthdays are in Tesla's system. My SA told me that...

I discovered the refresh in April and was/am on the fence about the yoke. Waiting for hands-on reviews to determine if I'll take delivery. Besides, the only reason I'm upgrading is because the HOV sticker on my M3 is expiring the end of the year. Priorities man, priorities...
Stop...there isn't even a place to enter your birthday.

Have you tried calling your SA to see if they will re-instate the old RN?
My LR and my Plaid orders both had delivery dates that disappeared last night and have not returned. My solution was to just place another Plaid order. Now I have a June delivery date again. Problem solved! 😃

This time I chose a different color and picked Fremont, CA as the delivery location.
Lol nice... I called Freemont to see if picking up my car at the factory is an option. The guy said I probably can but it might not make sense since deliveries typically start further away (East Coast.) He wasn't able to confirm whether or not it will be the same with the refresh. He said the team will know a lot more on the 3rd of June. He recommended I call back after the 3rd lol.
Btw, he didn't know exact numbers but guesstimated that 10% of refresh orders are plaid.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
New to Tesla. What’s with the cat on window sticker? 😀
It's where EPA range data should go. I guess either that data is not yet available or Tesla wants to keep the true range and efficiency numbers under wraps until Thursday 👀

1622231292182.png

AxY590k.jpg

Maybe or maybe not. Who knows with this company? I’m not really set on one specific color combination. I would accept cars with a multitude of configurations. So, I figure the chances of being matched to a specific configuration increase if I have multiple orders with different configurations. Adding Fremont increases my chances on a late June delivery. The order fee is so small that I’m not really concerned about losing $200 on a couple extra unfulfilled orders if it increases my chances of a June delivery.

I sold my model S back in February, so I need my car NOW!
Same - sold my Model X in February thinking Tesla was going to meet their timeline but it has been pushed to October, so I am hoping the June estimate for my Model S sticks! It also went blank as of two days ago.

Scrolling through the Tesla page out of boredom, I was reminded of why people in marketing are despicable.

I was trying to directly compare power of the MS, MS Plaid, and the M3 Performance. This is not easy to do, thanks to the great folks in the field of marketing.

The options section for ordering a MS shows the HP for the Plaid, but not the MS. The overview section shows the HP for both, but when you use the compare function, you cannot find the HP for the M3 Performance.

The Plaid uses rollout for the 2.0 sec 0-60, but not the MS for 3.1.

The M3 uses rollout for its 3.1, and it has a faster top speed than the MS.

So, no HP for the M3 and no rollout for the MS. Marketing has successfully muddled the waters of consumer choice.

Now don't get me started on comparing TV specs...
Just try comparing cargo capacity.
For the 3, they say 15 cu ft, which is with the seats up.
For the Y, they say 68 cu ft, which is with the seats folded down.
For the S, they say 28 cu ft, which is with the seats up.
For the X, the specs section doesn’t say anything, but elsewhere it says 91 cu ft (presumably with seats folded)

Now answer me this: which has more cargo space? The S or the Y?

Been checking in on this thread every few days. I just go to the last page, back up about three pages, and that pretty much covers anything of substance. Which is probably an oxymoron--this thread and substance.

Anyways...
RN11477
Ordered April 9
LR
White on black
Arachnid wheels
Delivery June 22-30 holding steady for over a week now
Located in SoCal

My birthday is June 30 which is why I'm getting delivery that week. You guys need to make sure your birthdays are in Tesla's system. My SA told me that...

I discovered the refresh in April and was/am on the fence about the yoke. Waiting for hands-on reviews to determine if I'll take delivery. Besides, the only reason I'm upgrading is because the HOV sticker on my M3 is expiring the end of the year. Priorities man, priorities...

If this is true I’ll be getting my LRS on Monday the 31st 😂🤣😂🤣

Reactions: T-Racer and JimLL
I spotted a Plaid Model S at Fremont, looked pretty dirty from presumably road testing. Managed to take a pic of the window sticker.

Definitely looks like the screen is more flush and has lost the ability to tilt as previously speculated. Looks great, yoke there and all the trim pieces as well. Sticker on pillar said it was built in May. Also just noticed the parcel shelf looks different from the current S, which is welcome.

View attachment 667306

View attachment 667307

View attachment 667309

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for taking some decent pictures.

Looking at the sticker, I didn't see mention of ambient lighting on the window sticker, but maybe that doesn't mean anything. Maybe also order your 14-50 adapter before they run out again.

Think they should leave the cat on the sticker and find somewhere else for the EPA info