Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, there could be a lot of things going on. First off, for certain they won’t be selling any Plaid+ models for at least a year, so if they can get those buyers in a 2021 Plaid they are pulling revenue forward. Also, Plaid has no serious competition, Plaid+ might by the time it arrives, so a bird in the hand vs. two in the bush. Lucid and others will have products out and those Plaid+ orders might fade away.

I would doubt they produced more Plaids than they have reservations for. At this point they appear to be building to order, even if they have a few additional they can send them out as demos to the retail stores. Anything more than that you’d think they’d be trying to convert LR orders to Plaid and no one here has mentioned they’ve been asked to do so.

Yeah, fair point. I was probably looking too micro. There was also a small part of me hoping there's no such thing as the Plaid backlog and they can just get on to the LRs

Wouldn't you assume if anyone was getting delivery of a car on the 10th delivery event, they would have been notified by now? Seems far fetched to me you are letting someone know with less then 7 days of notice.
Just like how all of the M3 and MY deliveries went post-radar removal? Folks got information pretty much the day of the announcement that they can schedule a pick up.

I'm bullish that something similar will happen the day or day before the delivery event.

Reactions: T-Racer
If orders get pushed to September/November, I wonder how many people will just cancel and wait for the next model year upgrades. Buying a car that will receive improvements in less than 3 months might be a factor to some.
I’ll have to cancel if it goes past September, whether I want to or not. And I won’t cave and go to a Plaid either. Mid September is definitely my cutoff.

Damn you people - quit ordering the Plaid so we can get through the backlog.
It's net zero, if I get the Plaid, I cancel my LR order so you move up in the LR line :)

Big thanks to @gabeincal for keeping our hopes up (or down) with those awesome flyover videos.
Yup, @gabeincal has been an unsung hero throughout all this

Total guess. I think 1 week delay is because they realized they needed to add a physical button or stalk to deal with gear switching. If override is on the screen then if screen is locked and you are about to get hit by a train....

If I’m way off, I’ll delete this post.

There are capacitive or "force touch" buttons below the wireless phone charger to select the gear. Electrek's internal documents they've seen said that and a photo someone took of a refresh in the wild showed it too. The sun was shining just right on the charging pad and you could just barely make out the letter "D".

Reactions: sflgator
There are capacitive or "force touch" buttons below the wireless phone charger to select the gear. Electrek's internal documents they've seen said that and a photo someone took of a refresh in the wild showed it too. The sun was shining just right on the charging pad and you could just barely make out the letter "D".

sweet. never saw that. and I deleted my post. That's at least one promise kept this month :-|

Reactions: HumanInput
No one selected for first day VIP delivery is going to blab about it here. NDA
I doubt there is an NDA. But they sure as hell filtered out this crowd from that event. Either that or there’s not that many deliveries next week because we have to make up 1-2% of their book. I would too, I get I’m probably the biggest pearl clutcher on this board but we are a talkative bunch.

I doubt there is an NDA. But they sure as hell filtered out this crowd from that event. Either that or there’s not that many deliveries next week because we have to make up 1-2% of their book. I would too, I get I’m probably the biggest pearl clutcher on this board but we are a talkative bunch.
I question your doubt 😂 and how would they filter anyone out? Tesla don’t know who lbowroom is.