Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly, the red MS at the bottom of the screen isn't mine - it's got a white or cream interior. Perhaps one of the other 6 . . .

The red and white are the best colors. ♥️🤍

Can't spell sexy without "red" and "white" (and s, x, y).

Also, if Elon doesn't give us an official time by Monday the event isn't happening.

That gen 4 thought has crossed my mind also. But the installation and permits cost twice as much as the Charger itself. If there is a new one that charges the S quicker, I would probably buy it as I am sure Tesla would have no interest in letting me swap it out for the new one.

but I will deal with that if/when I get my car.
When I bought my first MS in 2015 I just had an electrician put a 40amp 240 next to my panel and I hung my portable charge cord there. $200 total vs. $650 for the wall mounted charger and who knows how much for permits and installation. Not exactly the most professional set up but it got me 28 mi/hr charge and filled the car overnight no matter how low it got. And probably saved me a couple large.

Just received my first text regarding a possible delivery from Tesla and it doesn’t make me happier; in fact, just the opposite considering I ordered 2/5/21…

Hello, we look forward to updating you once your VIN is assigned.

At this time, we are unable to offer a more accurate timeline. We look forward to providing this once available.
For additional questions, we're available in reply. We apologize again for any inconvenience with our delays in manufacturing.

They already have a wall connector that can charge faster than the Gen 3 (48A). It's the Gen 2 (80A).
But the new S probably can't take advantage of it. They stopped offering >48A chargers in late 2018. My 2018 Model S has a 72A charger which lets it charge faster than newer cars. They said very few were charging at faster than 48A so they stopped supplying them.

If the new S uses the same onboard charger that the previous version does then it should technically be possible to retrofit a 72A charger. No Raven cars shipped with 72A but I believe some people have been able to retrofit the 72A into them (although I don't know for sure this has happened).
Really do miss my 80A charging on my 21015 S85D

Just received my first text regarding a possible delivery from Tesla and it doesn’t make me happier; in fact, just the opposite considering I ordered 2/5/21…

Hello, we look forward to updating you once your VIN is assigned.

At this time, we are unable to offer a more accurate timeline. We look forward to providing this once available.
For additional questions, we're available in reply. We apologize again for any inconvenience with our delays in manufacturing.

I've been getting this text for months...

Really do miss my 80A charging on my 21015 S85D
Yes, on my 2016.5 P90DL the 72 amp charger came standard but it was software limited to 48 amps. For $2,000 Tesla would software unlock the charger so you can charge at the full 72A. I purchased the car used with 12,000 miles on it and contacted Tesla for the upgrade. They told me the 72A upgrade was only available for the original buyer. More crazy Tesla shenanigans!

When I bought my first MS in 2015 I just had an electrician put a 40amp 240 next to my panel and I hung my portable charge cord there. $200 total vs. $650 for the wall mounted charger and who knows how much for permits and installation. Not exactly the most professional set up but it got me 28 mi/hr charge and filled the car overnight no matter how low it got. And probably saved me a couple large.
I just received my first wall connector installation quote... >$1300 (just for install with 240V @ 60A breaker... I already purchased the gen 3 wall connector). Needless to say, I am getting another quote. I was expecting a cost between $500 to $750.

I just received my first wall connector installation quote... >$1300 (just for install with 240V @ 60A breaker... I already purchased the gen 3 wall connector). Needless to say, I am getting another quote. I was expecting a cost between $500 to $750.
All markets are local I realize, but I paid $500 for installation, and that included new sub-panel.

The door is open, notice the window is down a little.
Hope the hood is open....

1622850349113.png

• Funny
Reactions: HumanInput