Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and the unknown usage of the buffer,
The buffer has to be allowed to be used if it was used in the EPA test. And the way Tesla has been doing it on Model Y & 3 at least, the charging constant takes it into account (calculations using the charging constant (charging constant * rated miles @100%) to calculate lower limit on full battery capacity give a result that includes the buffer).

But in any case, comprehensive data from a decent length charge giving: % added, miles added, and kWh added, should be good enough to get close. The answer will probably be ~103kWh though, haha.

As a reference point, the "old" 2021 Model S Performance 21" wheels was 103.5kWh, 117.6kWh to charge. 97MPGe (2021 MS Perf 21") vs. 101MPGe (Plaid) - that scalar (adjustment factor) is at work there I think - again, seems to buy a few %, in spite of any potential efficiency losses from 3 motors. (I assume that Model S didn't have the heat pump, right? I don't follow Model S, as I said...):

So I don't see any reason to believe at this point that there's a different pack in this vehicle; the approximate calculations align quite well. But we'll see. Need to just wait for all the numbers to come in.

Last edited:
Reactions: LargeHamCollider
I just uploaded a video to SmugMug of me driving around the neighborhood, traffic circles and parking lots--you can see I spend a fair amount of time trying to figure out where to put my hands, but I have to admit, it feels more comfortable already.

SmugMug is processing, so it might take some time to show up.

I just uploaded a video to SmugMug of me driving around the neighborhood, traffic circles and parking lots--you can see I spend a fair amount of time trying to figure out where to put my hands, but I have to admit, it feels more comfortable already.

Nicely done, thank you! Funny to see your 2nd hand grabbing for part of the wheel that doesn't exist sometimes. Instinct will take awhile to change and learn new method for sharper turns. I really don't care for the turn signal buttons. Also, it sounded like accidental horn sounding :)

Last edited:

Beautiful neighborhood!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Thanks for posting! Was that an accidental honk caused by putting your hand on all the buttons or were you honked?

Great video. My kids made me watch it twice. "Daddy, why is that guy driving your new car?"

Thank you for spending time to answer questions and let us peek behind the curtain.

Nice video. Thanks! I assume 1-handed driving only from the flat bottom of the yoke wheel? Blinkers using the buttons look easy enough. Also - did you mean to toot your horn or was that an accidental button push? I think the horn being a little button on the yoke wheel is a terrible idea. Sorry, but I can see lots of accidental horn blowing, lol! 😜

Reactions: Leodoc and Drew-MS
Yeah, the honk was accidental--my hand grazing the horn button. For me, one-handed driving has been grabbing the top corner there the rim and spoke meet. Because the rim extends above the spoke a bit, it makes a notch where you can hook your fingers and make a turn--still getting the hang of doing that.

I have a feeling that’s gonna drive me crazy. Short distances will be fine I think but I can see it now driving up 95 from DC to NY to see family. I always drive with my left hand on top of the wheel. 3 hours with the yoke might suck.

Yeah, the honk was accidental--my hand grazing the horn button. For me, one-handed driving has been grabbing the top corner there the rim and spoke meet. Because the rim extends above the spoke a bit, it makes a notch where you can hook your fingers and make a turn--still getting the hang of doing that.
Do you miss your boring round steering wheel?

I just finished watching @omarsultan 's drive behind the yoke, and quite honestly it scared me. It looks like a giant step back in usability, functionality and comfort. I don't understand why you would give up functionality for aesthetic purposes. I have no problem with the yoke being an option, but please allow us the opportunity to decide what we would prefer.

Maybe this company can bring the circle back to the driving experience.
tyykyuk.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling that’s gonna drive me crazy. Short distances will be fine I think but I can see it now driving up 95 from DC to NY to see family. I always drive with my left hand on top of the wheel. 3 hours with the yoke might suck.
That was my deal too--left hand on the top of the wheel. On the way back from Fremont, I fond myself adapting to right hand on top right corner of the wheel--the new console now let's you rest your elbow on it. I think not having any can since Jan helped break the muscle memory. :)