Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, went on a vet run and was scouting back roads, so I did mange to squeeze in one run with the Drag--had to let off at the end as a car was coming in the opposite direct (you can see where) and the road was not smooth, so I maybe a bit a loss of traction from that. I ts kinda funny I am being critical of the time, tho :)

View attachment 674217
You can’t be happy with that. I will stop over in the morning to take it off your hands. Let say 930.

So, went on a vet run and was scouting back roads, so I did mange to squeeze in one run with the Drag--had to let off at the end as a car was coming in the opposite direct (you can see where) and the road was not smooth, so I maybe a bit a loss of traction from that. I ts kinda funny I am being critical of the time, tho :)

View attachment 674217
We have to be critical of these times. We were promised 1.99 with rollout removed. I won’t be happy until we get at least 2.2! Go find a street that’s going downhill 😂

JK, thanks for the update Omar! How do you like the Dragy. Is it pretty easy to use? I’m going to try mine out tomorrow.

Does it matter that I'm on the east coast? My SA in DC has been MIA for several months doesn't respond to calls or texts .Ive been relegated to call other showrooms to just get conflicting info from other SAs

Since he is in freemont does he have better info than others? I may give him call tomorrow

Nappy where’s your SA in the DC area? H Street? Or you do Bethesda or Tysons?

My SA reports that my car is at the factory and scheduled to be on a truck soon to head to the east coast. He's projecting 6/24.

My SA said east coast usually comes by train. She indicated from the looks of it the delivery to east coast is 24 and if carriers are immediately available delivery on the 26th. She has always been straight up with telling me there is no information

MY SA from Santa Monica just called and let me know my car should be delivered by EOM. No VIN, no other details, but she did say she's pretty confident it will happen by then. Home delivery too, that's first for me with Tesla.
Blue, FSD, 19's, wood, Plaid.

I need a new SA. Probably a whole new location . . .

A friend of mine who just got a Taycan RWD sent me this from the taycan forum. Good stuff!

“very knowledgable Performance shop owner today reported on his personal experience with Plaid - track driver - champsionship racer - his shop services/tracks every make/model of car you can imagine, and they have deep experience with most brands (including Tesla) - and he is not a Tesla fan even though he’s in silly-con valley - but sees the writing on the wall with EV
  1. fastest car he’s ever driven - mind blowing (his words) - he’s driven everything (including dragster, La Ferarri, Tesla Model S, Taycan, Cup Cars…)
  2. plaid changes things no doubt based on his 45 min test drive - this is a benchmark vehicle for the entire industry
  3. acceleration is unlike any car on the market
  4. steering/suspension ALL new - all better - really really good in his opinion
    1. steering feel excellent (Porsche quality - his words)
    2. suspension - tight, but compliant - excellent ride quality with great balance for stiffness for performance
    3. handling as good as it gets for a car this big - equal to Taycan if not better
    4. because of the dual motors and software in the rear end acceleration through corners is best on the market right now - grip, feel, and split of power given the dual independent motors on the rear end allow this vehicle to handle like nothing else on the market, both at low speeds and high speed cornering - it’s an infinitely variable limited slip differential virtualized in software - this car can do things no other vehicle can do for handling at any speed.
  5. handling light years better than anything on the market (including Taycan which he’s personally a lot of seat time)
  6. software - order of magnitude fast/better/more control and easy to use than previous Tesla software - will once again set a benchmark for the industry to attempt to catch
  7. did I tell you it was quick - mind blowing quick
  8. he spent an hour going over the car exterior and interior - build quality dramtically improved vs. the 100’s of Model 3 and S’s he has inspected/upgraded/experience over the years
  9. brakes - utter crap - and not up the task of a vehicle that can easily accomplish more than 180 mph - OMG they are sooooo bad
    1. he said if they fix the brakes they wil have the BEST 4 door lux sports sedan on the market
    2. you can soo easily drive this car too fast for the brakes to meet you expectations - he predicts people will die because of this - the car is sooooo fast, but you can’t stop it.
  10. Still not a track car, but able to hang with _ANY_ sports sedan on the market and embarass it greatly
  11. The plaid inspected on a mechanical lift shows a complete redesigned suspension and other components…
His Bottom Line: Best 4 door sports sedan on the market - if they fix the brakes there is nothing to complete with it.

Did I tell you he hate’s Tesla and Elon?

lesson here is: the Plaid is not the model S, and bears little if any resemblance to the pit-falls we are all so familiar with the Model S. The exterior may have not changed that much, but the drive train, suspension are all new and better/best across the board…interior fit/finish and materials are also substaintially better in his assessments (his customer base include bentles, aston martins, porsche’s ferrari’s, lambos, audi’s, jags, land rovers etc - he is in good position to recognize build quality and materials)

My impression in the postings on this thread are from people who have no first hand experience with a Plaid…just my $0.02

One should take a wait and see approach and actually evaluate the Plaid product, rather than just assuming it’s a souped up Model S.”

View attachment 674217
You know guys, this run actually means much more than I originally thought... Right away, on the first run with the Dragy, with a bumpy, low traction road, AND with a liftoff towards the end of the run, the Model S Plaid ran a 2.27 second 0-60; faster than the Raven/Cheetah Model S Performance ever was. Considering that the Raven needed to be on the Dragstrip to get anywhere close to 2.3 seconds 0-60 (w/ one-foot-rollout of course) this is a very impressive first run.

C7177339-C5AC-49A4-88A2-E416C5A047D6.jpeg

Does it matter where you request to pick-it up? Anyone here in SoCal have a recommendation? What are you looking for in an SA if you've already ordered your car? If I change location will I lose my place in line?

First time Tesla buyer (online), so I do not have a history with any SA anywhere. Now realizing there are a bunch of Tesla dealerships dotted near me with my closest locations at Pasadena, Brea or Rancho Cucamonga even though there's a different location on my order. Well, I did order it on Valentine's Day and hubby and I may have been a bit distracted when making our final selections ;-)

1623905137557.png

Thanks in advance for your advice and recommendations!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does it matter where you request to pick-it up? Anyone here in SoCal have a recommendation? What are you looking for in an SA if you've already ordered your car? If I change location will I lose my place in line?

First time Tesla buyer (online), so I do not have a history with any SA anywhere. Now realizing there are a bunch of Tesla dealerships dotted near me with my closest locations at Pasadena, Brea or Rancho Cucamonga even though there's a different location on my order. Well, I did order it on Valentine's Day and hubby and I may have been a bit distracted when making our final selections ;-)

View attachment 674241

Thanks in advance for your advice and recommendations!
Fly to Fremont and choose that as your delivery location and drive it south! More fun.

There isn’t really a line, per se. It’s more like a random number generator. Changing your pick up location won’t impact anything unless you move it from someplace in CA to someplace on the east coast. Changing configuration, well, that’s another shake on the magic 8 ball, so don’t do that if you can avoid it.

As for what do you look for in an SA? I wanted one who enjoyed long, moonlit walks on the beach, romcoms and spur of the moment getaways. Tesla, however, generally looks for people with a pulse, it seems. Aside from that, the bar is pretty low.

Don’t worry about the SA. They have little/no influence over when or how you get your car and they sure as *sugar* don’t know much about the process.

Last edited:
Why do you get warnings for going too fast?
I believe it's because once you pass a certain point (1/4 mile under 10 seconds, or trap speed over 140-150) you need a certain special license to run those times. I guess they determine that once a car goes beyond those figures, the driver needs more skill to handle those faster speeds.

Why do you get warnings for going too fast?
All tracks have safety rules, faster you go more rules. Here are the PIR rules for drag night

Plaid is blasting past all of them.

One run, don’t come back without a roll cage and a NHRA license.

Attachments

• 964ED728-FEB8-4EA5-AE75-EB8423D725E1.jpeg
    964ED728-FEB8-4EA5-AE75-EB8423D725E1.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 66

Looks like he had to take it easy. He already got a warning
Whyyyyyyy do people insist on saying ludicrous speed and plaid are two different things?

I just hate when people get movie references wrong. Spaceballs 1 goes to ludicrous speed and passes Lonestar and Barf, who are in normal light speed with the white lines, while Plaid. Plaid is the “color” OF ludicrous speed. They’re not two different things! Amateurs!!! 🤣

I guess apparently you need some track license or registration for anything below 10 seconds

I believe it's because once you pass a certain point (1/4 mile under 10 seconds, or trap speed over 140-150) you need a certain special license to run those times. I guess they determine that once a car goes beyond those figures, the driver needs more skill to handle those faster speeds.

All tracks have safety rules, faster you go more rules. Here are the PIR rules for drag night

Plaid is blasting past all of them.

One run, don’t come back without a roll cage and a NHRA license.
Thanks! It all makes sense now. Better to just go to an air strip and do it independently. @aerodyne here we come!