Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m picking up in Fort Myers as well. They said it arrived on Thursday and I was supposed to pickup on Friday, but they told me I couldn’t because Tesla wouldn’t release it.
It’s crazy. I have gotten three different stories. And absolutely ridiculous they won’t let me come look at. What configuration is yours? Color etc

I understand your frustration and everyone has their threshold of what they are willing to put up with.

On the battery front, Tesla is its own demand for batteries and thus will likely push the development of the technology as hard or harder than anyone else. In addition, the innovation to end customer delivery cycle is tightly coupled with Tesla providing a quicker return on investment. If you create the greatest battery tech since sliced bread, would you go to someone like GM who want to buy batteries from vendors, one of GM's battery vendors or to Tesla?
The battery technology issue is far bigger than a single automobile manufacturer. It encompasses everything from cell phones to mass renewable energy storage.

Reactions: Drew-MS
A small update, right after my switch from CF to Ebony trim, my EDD went to August, it's now blank/missing. Hoping they make a push and get it out before EOM but seeming unlikely. I'm starting to do the financial shuffling anyway.
When I did the change, it went from blank to August. SA, even though they don’t know much, says don’t read into much at this point. Fremont called me directly to switch because they want to delivery as many cars as they can before EoQ. Might not happen of course, but the rep from Fremont said at least delivery within the next few weeks. Let’s see I guess…

It’s crazy. I have gotten three different stories. And absolutely ridiculous they won’t let me come look at. What configuration is yours? Color etc
Same. I have a blue exterior, black/wood interior, arachnid wheels. You?

On a side note, do you own the construction company with your name? If so, small world because I’ll be looking to build a house with your company within the next year.

Same. I have a blue exterior, black/wood interior, arachnid wheels. You?

On a side note, do you own the construction company with your name? If so, small world because I’ll be looking to build a house with your company within the next year.
Lol. Yes. Small world. Mine is blue. Wood. Cream. Arachnid. And yes. I own Beattie development. Shoot me email [email protected]

I’m very curious if the manual has the correct tire sizes and wheel widths for the 19” Cardenio/Tempest wheels. The old LR Tempest wheels were 245’s all around. Thie manual now states 255 fr and 285 rear. This could contribute to the drop in range.
It’s Correct: 255-45-19 and 285-40-19.
The width of the 19” and 21” rims are the same: F 9.5” and R 10.5”
Technically a 295 will fit on the 19s and a 285 will fit on the 21s.
Actually a 305 should fit on both as well.

As a June order, I will say that gives me hope for a late September delivery. I am sure I will be included as part of the EoQ Q3 push.
Keep in mind Tesla hasn't even started on pushing out the refreshed Model X which has a higher price point than S LR. My SA indicates there will be a pause in S production to begin working on X after 2Q closes.

A bit off-topic (as if that were a thing here), but is there any notion of a break-in period with Teslas? Seems totally irrelevant to EVs, but this will be my first and better to be safe than sorry.
As far as I'm aware, there isn't for such things as batteries and electric motors, but like any other vehicle, certain things (such as brakes) still require breaking in. Smart of you to ask! :)

You misunderstood me. Apologies if I wasnt too clear. Its just states "October". Not an actual date and def not a VIN yet.
I didn't misunderstand, I shouldn't have stated "delivery date", I meant delivery estimate, I've had no estimate at all since ordering on 4/4, until today ironically, now it says August for the first time, which I know is meaningless until they give you a VIN and firm delivery date range. RN1147, MS LR W/W 19" no FSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
As far as I'm aware, there isn't for such things as batteries and electric motors, but like any other vehicle, certain things (such as brakes) still require breaking in. Smart of you to ask! :)
With a Tesla, the best way to break it in is to accelerate and brake as rapidly as possible from the moment you take delivery. This will come naturally.