Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But it
Stinks
Vibrates
Makes you go to gas stations
Has oil which must be warmed before you can abuse it
Probably has to be "started" whatever that is

Doesn't stink.
Vibrations add character
Gas station's I'll give you
Warming up an ICE gives you time to bond.

Old ways aren't always bad when you're buying a pleasure car. I'll never own another ICE daily driver if I can help it. But I enjoy the 3k miles / year I put on my pleasure car!

Looking at that LR - just me or is that big butt from the Plaid a little less, uh, "thicc" (sorry) on the LR?

Really looking forward to some comparisons on dimensions. Also wondering if the LR will claw back some of that cargo space. 1 car household here, so part of the selling process for the other half was "it's basically a station wagon"!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Looking at that LR - just me or is that big butt from the Plaid a little less, uh, "thicc" (sorry) on the LR?

Really looking forward to some comparisons on dimensions. Also wondering if the LR will claw back some of that cargo space. 1 car household here, so part of the selling process for the other half was "it's basically a station wagon"!

We're a one car household and the S is the best hauler short of the X.

The Plaid and LR are the same dimensions. Same exact car (besides the tri-motor) except for the little spoiler.

Doesn't stink.
Vibrations add character
Gas station's I'll give you
Warming up an ICE gives you time to bond.

Old ways aren't always bad when you're buying a pleasure car. I'll never own another ICE daily driver if I can help it. But I enjoy the 3k miles / year I put on my pleasure car!
Ok
I have to admit I have one of those pleasure things myself.
You just can not beat the handling on a 3000 lb car.

Just got this update today:
Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 2.15.08 PM.png

LR/FSD/White int/White ext/19" Ordered Jan 10th, Nevada.

Has been blank since March except for one blip where it said June.

What the heck was Tesla doing if the lines were ready in February??? How could the lines be shut down for 6 months for a front bumper and interior refresh? That’s insane and makes no sense. And the X? Wtf?

There's this thing called a global auto parts supply shortage going on. Particularly with microchips.

Also, it's Tesla. They could re-invent a car in 6 months or take a year to change paint colors. Predictability is not their strong point.