Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How was you able to keep your same pricing I’ve talked to so many different people at Tesla and they all told me if I upgrade my wheels my price will be updated to the new pricing as well
I never had any special pricing. I ordered on 2/2, which was after they announced the refresh. To my knowledge the only people that had the special pricing ($2k) discount were those that ordered the old pre-refresh model before the 1/27 announcement, and then converted their order to the refreshed model. Are you referring to something else?

I saw one comment but have not seen a discussion. Is anyone tinting the glass roof? I saw someone comment on the heat through the roof on his head and I get that sometimes through my current MS sunroof. Assuming the fixed glass roof has even less insulation than the sunroof's glass.
On my M3 I bought the OEM sunshade. I preferred that to a heat rejecting tint because I like to remove it in the winter and let the sun heat the car a little. Looks like they have something similar for the 2012-2020 MS, and I'm assuming they'll eventually make one for the 21+. I'll probably go that way again.

Your logic doesn't make sense to me. If my kids are listening to some obnoxious you tuber, talking in positive tones and stringing their words together to avoid any breaks of silence, and I am having a conversation with my wife, sound in the back ONLY would clearly be better than that same sound in the front as well.
I would hope there's an "Off" switch for the front speakers in that case...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Wow it is fast. What's a defect the car had that made you to denied delivery?
The one hang up for me was an issue with the windshield. On the passenger side the first layer of glass was chewed up instead of having a smooth bezel. There were other issues like the front bumper got scrapped up when offloading from the truck and some door alignment issues. You had to be on your hands and knees to see the bumper issue and the doors would be an easy adjustment. I put a protective layer on my windshields because I hate the replacement process. It was hard letting her go realizing I might not see one for months now. But this plaid is the most expensive car I’ve ever purchased so I’m going to take my time and get it how I want it.

I saw one comment but have not seen a discussion. Is anyone tinting the glass roof? I saw someone comment on the heat through the roof on his head and I get that sometimes through my current MS sunroof. Assuming the fixed glass roof has even less insulation than the sunroof's glass.
I did not--I don't feel the Central Valley sun, even during the middle of there day.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don't see much love for white Plaids in here. Here are some pics from my delivery. This car is absolutely nuts btw.

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    895.9 KB · Views: 62
I did not--I don't feel the Central Valley sun, even during the middle of there day.
I drove my car to the beach today and forgot to put sunscreen on. Mind you I didn't get out of the car, and I have a decent little sunburn on my head. Keep in mind I don't have any hair...that is part of the problem. This car gets hot on the inside. I will definitely be doing ceramic on the ceiling.

Greg

I drove my car to the beach today and forgot to put sunscreen on. Mind you I didn't get out of the car, and I have a decent little sunburn on my head. Keep in mind I don't have any hair...that is part of the problem. This car gets hot on the inside. I will definitely be doing ceramic on the ceiling.

Greg
Also bald, but maybe I have a bit more built-in sunscreen :)