Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best part is with 5 little letters and a cf spoiler your LR turns into a Plaid cosmetically where 99.999% of people will think you have all that power to unleash. After the new wears off that's really what's it all about.:)
Oh no lol If I were to get the Plaid, I'd take it off as soon as I can haha.

Edit: Except for the Plaid delivery day badge! I'd love to have that

The SnapPlate Team was here this weekend measuring up my 2021 Model S. If you need a solution to that ugly stuck on factory mount...

If this doesn’t release your inner child, I’m out of ideas. Hopefully when your Plaid arrives you’ll become a Tesla 🦚 Peacock.

Okay, you can call me "The Grinch" since I think a car is supposed to be for driving and as a means for transportation and having fun while actually driving; not for a f*kg Christmas ornament or holiday song & dance gimmick. Gosh, that was so stupid. I'm sure the neighbor's kids loved it. Call me The Grinch and I'll just steal all their Xmas presents under the tree, lol. 😜

Not that anyone really cares, but if I want to go have fun like a kid, I'll just go skiing in CO or tool around my neighborhood on my Boosted Rev electric scooter or do a cannonball in my pool with my GSD and daughter nearby in the pool. But for driving my car (whether spirited driving and having some fun or just for work or family hauling), I just want a super fast, super fun sport car that has the best of technology, luxury, and comfort...period. I don't need crazy gimmicks or stupid, geeky names for sh!t...just let me drive the damn thing (or maybe, just maybe, it would be nice for the car to DRIVE ME around once in a while, lol! 🤔 😜 )...is that too much to ask for without offending all the diehard Tesla fanboys?

Last edited:
He's the poster child for bitter old man. I'd be willing to bet he watches A Christmas Carol and can't figure out why Scrooge gets such a bad rap. There is no inner child. Pretty sure he killed it in the womb.
@AnselmDante He's one to talk about others being a "Scrooge;" this is a man who refused to buy a new car and resorted to driving (and I'm sure repairing as cheaply as possible) his 27 year old car, thinking it was just as cool in 2021 as it was back in the early 1990's when he first bought it. From that time to now, I've owned/driven Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, MB AMG, Porsche, Jaguar, a Nissan GT-R, & Land Rover. Um, okay sir...who's the Scrooge...you or me? Literally, that "Jester" is the absolute LAST person who should be opening up his mouth right now.

Pretty bummed. Service center said this is “normal characteristic” for this high end car. No fix. Any one else S or S Plaid have this? Said it’s for airbag. View attachment 683845
I would keep a close eye on this. You know that this is where the Tesla brain is stored, right? When you see this vein pulsating, it means the car is ready for FULL self-driving. Most likely, you will be ejected.

I'm sorry to bring it back up but lets put that two seconds in a different perspective..... Take the LR estimated 1/4 times of @11.0... And add two seconds. What car are we coming up with that runs a 13 second quarter mile? I think my friend's 2004 Mach1 went 13.0s-13.1s with drag radials and Exhaust(???). Would anyone consider that close? Anyone that races knows that dropping ET gets harder and more expensive the faster you go as well. Oh, and 'sugar' breaks a lot as well 😆

Interesting. I was just on the phone with the Tesla order desk in Fremont and they said ANY change would cause it to go up to the new price. Didn't you take delivery before the price increase though?
Yes, I did it on the 30th before the price increase. Sorry I didn't make that clear. I guess I'm glad i moved to Arachnids and removed FSD before the price went up.

I would keep a close eye on this. You know that this is where the Tesla brain is stored, right? When you see this vein pulsating, it means the car is ready for FULL self-driving. Most likely, you will be ejected.
You beat me to the punch. I’ve been thinking that it looks like a vein in a forehead. If my future car has it, I’m telling people it’s the Tesla Neural Link.

Any plaid owners had the experience where the car doesn't seem to accelerate as fast as it did they day it delivered?

I got a dragy to today to put the clock on it to get an idea. Mine is 2.5 weeks old and has 450 miles on it.

When I first got it, I would accelerate from a stop and nearly "sugar" myself and my passengers. No such sensation this weekend on 3 different trips. Battery is at 90% and conditions are dry and hot.

I have a service appointment for next monday to have them check it out.

Curious if anyone has experienced this (too many pages of on topic sugar to page through) and commented.

Thanks in advance, love you guys! Especially any previous owners of a Mistsubishi 3000-GT VR4 and/or any previous owners of the Nissan GT-R :) 🤣 🤣🍺🍺

Not surprised with the Plaid vs LR debate. I have see this kind of arguments all over the place. Saw them break out on the Audi forums between Audi S5 and Audi RS5 guys, then on VW forum between GTI and R folks. 335i vs M3, C350 vs C63, the list goes on and on lol
Personally, I would have loved to get the Plaid instead of the LR but at this stage, the LR will be plenty for me. I have no false notions that the LR is somehow close to the performance of the Plaid because its not. If the Plaid did 0-60 in 10 secs and the LR did 0-60 in 11.1 seconds, I would have laughed my a$$ off at the folks who shelled out $45k more. But at 2 secs and 3.1 secs, its a totally different ballgame, its more than 50% so why shouldn't the price be 50% more? Both cars are a heck of a deal for that price.

Last edited:
Not surprised with the Plaid vs LR debate. I have see this kind of arguments all over the place. Saw them break out on the Audi forums between Audi S5 and Audi RS5 guys, then on VW forum between GTI and R folks. 335i vs M3, C350 vs C63, the list goes on and on lol
Personally, I would have loved to get the Plaid instead of the LR but at this stage, the LR will be plenty for me. I have no false notions that the LR is somehow close to the performance of the Plaid because its not. If the Plaid did 0-60 in 10 secs and the LR did 0-60 in 11.1 seconds, I would have laughed my a$$ off at the folks who shelled out $45k more. But at 2 secs and 3.1 secs, its a totally different ballgame, its more than 50% so why shouldn't the price be more than 50% more? Both cars are a heck of a deal for that price.
Well said! :)

Any plaid owners had the experience where the car doesn't seem to accelerate as fast as it did they day it delivered?

I got a dragy to today to put the clock on it to get an idea. Mine is 2.5 weeks old and has 450 miles on it.

When I first got it, I would accelerate from a stop and nearly "sugar" myself and my passengers. No such sensation this weekend on 3 different trips. Battery is at 90% and conditions are dry and hot.

I have a service appointment for next monday to have them check it out.

Curious if anyone has experienced this (too many pages of on topic sugar to page through) and commented.

Thanks in advance, love you guys! Especially any previous owners of a Mistsubishi 3000-GT VR4 and/or any previous owners of the Nissan GT-R :) 🤣 🤣🍺🍺
Wait, what's a Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4? Oh wait, I think I remember, back when I just graduated UF in 1992, my brother had a Dodge Stealth twin turbo...it was a fun and neat looking car for 1992's standards anyhow. And the Mitsubishi was the Stealth's twin. Uh okay, but it's 2021...why are we talking about 29 year old cars again? Surely, any real "car enthusiast" who owned and drove a '92 vehicle must have also had many vehicles since then right? I mean it's 29 years...almost 3 decades right? What kind of cheapskate drives a 29 year old car (and still thinks it's still cool)? Wait, did that even have dual airbags or just the driver airbag? Did it have a CD player or just the am/fm radio?

Pretty bummed. Service center said this is “normal characteristic” for this high end car. No fix. Any one else S or S Plaid have this? Said it’s for airbag. View attachment 683845
Probably sounds short sighted and even a little silly on my part, but this is going to bother me a LOT less than egregious body misalignments and inconsistent panel gaps. Not sure why, but this hasn't even raised my eyebrows.

Wait, what's a Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4? Oh wait, I think I remember, back when I just graduated UF in 1992, my brother had a Dodge Stealth twin turbo...it was a fun and neat looking car for 1992's standards anyhow. And the Mitsubishi was the Stealth's twin. Uh okay, but it's 2021...why are we talking about 29 year old cars again? Surely, any real "car enthusiast" who owned and drove a '92 vehicle must have also had many vehicles since then right? I mean it's 29 years...almost 3 decades right? What kind of cheapskate drives a 29 year old car (and still thinks it's still cool)? Wait, did that even have dual airbags or just the driver airbag? Did it have a CD player or just the am/fm radio?
I had Doge Stealth, no turbo, stick shift! Loved how it looked, flip up lights, orange glow stereo. But it did drive like a Crown Victoria. After a couple of years driving, gave it my son when he was in high school. No danger there. Replaced with Z350. Much better.

Anyone else have a VIN and have not received the official email yet? Or, did it take you longer than a few days to get the email and schedule the pick up day? I'm on day 3 from VIN and starting to get nervous lol.
Plaid 1 - going on 2 weeks+ with a VIN, no confirmed delivery date. Was July 5-15, then 10-20, then 11-21, now just July. The VIN has disappeared and reappeared a couple times too.

Plaid 2 - took delivery this weekend. About a 2 week gap from when the VIN first appeared to when I got the text/call to schedule delivery.