Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the current plaid delivery schedule. It appears that Tesla communications with respect to deliveries is a completely broken process. Any one know the root causes of the comms breakage? Staffing issues? Training? The lack of a process? or genuine product production supply chain issues? Quality problems? Design issues? or embarrassed employees sticking their heads in the sand? A little bit of communications would help car buyers plan a little better. It's certainly not a good professional image for Tesla to shy away from basic supply and deliver related communications with their customers.....

Last edited:
Ouch. Our normal all day hourly rate is .011/kwh in Chicago area. I can't imagine that being the hourly discounted rate (like 1 or 2 cents here).

That being said, I still went solar but can't imagine the savings in the West.
Not sure what the rate is in our Indianapolis suburb but it doesn't change during different times. We're also on solar (11.22kWp w/net metering) so it's a wash either way. If I charge during the day, I'm using power from my panels and putting out less to the grid and if I charge at night, I'll be burning credits.

Would the new tempest rims from the plaid fit on my 2017 S75 or would I have to go back to the slipstreams? Sorta imagine this doesn't work both ways...
That, I do not know. I've only researched old arachnid sizes/fitment compared to new arachnids.

On a sep note: Old Arachnids were forged (lighter/stronger than cast) and were $2k upgrade.
New Arachnids? Cast (heavier, not as strong as forged) and are a $4500 upgrade...

Got confirmation from SA that the car is currently Utah and expecting to receive at delivery center on Monday 7/19. I can expect the car delivery to be scheduled between 7/20 - 7/22. 🤞
Mine just texted me to ask if I had set up a home charging solution yet but no mention of when my car might get here.

• Funny
Reactions: byeLT4 and Ramphex
How did you know there was an issue? Did the car just die ?
A notification showed on the dash saying Maximum Charge Level Reduced, then when I tried to connect charger it wouldn’t take a charge. They took me right in at the local service center. The car drove perfectly, it was that I was down to 120 miles of charge and no ability to add range.

Quick thought/request: given that the new front brake rotors are 30mm (a little over an inch) larger than previous Model S, and seeing how much of the space within 21” wheels the front brake setup is taking, could it be that the 19” wheels had to be redesigned to have a wider inside barrel in order to fit the larger brakes?

Could someone who has already taken delivery (@omarsultan @Atomadam @Hayseed_MS etc.) please take a photo of their front wheel, fully showing the brakes, “eye-level” with the center of the wheel? Much appreciated!
I wont have it back until tomorrow, its getting the clear wrap done.

Just test drove a new LR from our local Tesla club and holy *fudging* *sugar*. Everyone with the Plaid, definitely enjoy. I will love my LR when it comes in. But wow, this car is insane. All the reviews are spot on.

I recall someone calling out the stitching / flap on the back of one of the yoke numbs - his had the same issue. Service will fix / replace. Which is nice because it also had the infamous vein.

I have exactly emailed my Tesla rep 25 times since the order, only 3 replies from him, and in the last month, I have gotten more automatic out-of-office replies than actual replies. These guys must have the easiest job in the world, the car sells itself, I get paid, and I just spend my time vacationing instead of working. If there is any cost-cutting they should just lay off these reps and go full automation through improved automated logistics. It is so frustrating to have to deal with Tesla.

Correct. From my earlier post

"The "old" arachnids will fit. Will just be a bit narrower than the new arachnids and the rears of yours will sit inward 5mm more. But bolt pattern and bore size is the same from all that I've read."
Was responding to this claim that a 5mm spacer would make the fitment exactly the same.
Front offset is same 40et
Rear is now 45et.

A quality 5mm hubcentric spacer for the rears will be safe and have your old arachnids with exact same fitment as new arachnids.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got confirmation from SA that the car is currently Utah and expecting to receive at delivery center on Monday 7/19. I can expect the car delivery to be scheduled between 7/20 - 7/22. 🤞
Also, wanna share the experience I had with DCU for financing the vehicle. Expect for the long wait time for call back, their service is good. Got the loan approved in 24 hours and the payment has been schedule to be delivered coming Friday (7/16). I'll wire transfer remaining amount once I get confirmation that the vehicle reached delivery center. Can't wait to drive the amazing beauty :cool: