Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put a matte protector on the screen of my P85 to handle the glare, but it only lasted a month or so. While it helped with the glared, it missed to the tracking of my finger on the screen--not sure if newer screen protectors are improved.
Hm. I haven’t had this issue and I've used the same screen protector from Abstract Ocean for years.

You might be on to something there associated with logistics. There would be a strong possibility that "matches" could be based on an adequate number of vehicles going to a particular location. (Full hauler for example) Perhaps a sort by location might flesh that out, even make it less seemingly random.
I was thinking the exact same thing

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I understand how it works. I don't approve. I'm not upset that I don't have my car yet, but I am upset at watching videos of people getting their car in a few weeks when others have been waiting for 6 plus months. This is poor logistics on Tesla's end. Just shrugging and saying "this has always sucked and I'm fine with it", is just not acceptable to me. I worry about the polite few who are leaving their SA's alone, reading these posts about how this process is "working as it always has", and then finding out a year later that it wasn't a delay for them, they were just lost in the system.
9 months

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just stop it. You make too much sense🤪. Really good feedback. Just remove the EDD altogether until you are matched and indeed working on logistics/shipping.
Biggest thing is, improve the “estimated month” upon ordering.

Test drove my first Model S today, a bit smaller than I expected but it looks like an older model with the chrome trim so hopefully mine comes in a better size 😅

Attachments

• CD0B0C5B-678D-40C7-BA67-CBA625304550.jpeg
    CD0B0C5B-678D-40C7-BA67-CBA625304550.jpeg
    357.3 KB · Views: 59
Is it normal for the iPhone Chargers you place the iPhone on to be super slow to nil with charging? Mine hardly moves at all.
I don't have my MS yet, but according to the Tesla MS manual each wireless charger provides up to 15 watts. That should move the iPhone needle pretty quickly. I'd love to hear other real world user comments though.

I don't have my MS yet, but according to the Tesla MS manual each wireless charger provides up to 15 watts. That should move the iPhone needle pretty quickly. I'd love to hear other real world user comments though.
Is it normal for the iPhone Chargers you place the iPhone on to be super slow to nil with charging? Mine hardly moves at all.
@stussy5555 have you tried removing your iPhone from its case? It could be the case is the issue. The iPhone 12 case is designed to work with the iPhone charger, which supports the magnetic charger ring. That may cause an issue with the a standard Qi charger though.

Case thickness and alignment will affect the rate. Also, if you're running Waze or something else that puts a load on the phone and keeps the screen awake, its not going to do well at outpacing the drain unless you've got an optimum connection

Hm. I haven’t had this issue and I've used the same screen protector from Abstract Ocean for years.
Same. Have had protector on Model 3 for the 3 years I had it, and on the prior Model S for the last year. No heat problems, no finger tracking problems. Helped immensely with avoiding fingerprints, helped with glare, and obviously protected from scratches.

I’m planning to get one for the new S as soon as they start becoming available.

the 19s and 21s have the same rolling diameter and 19s do have a taller/larger sidewall vs the 21s (114mm vs 88.5mm)

this is for the rear tires 19" w/ 285/40/19, 21" w/ 295/30/21

screen shot from willtheyfit.com

View attachment 677883
T&W
Thanks for the info and the link. I've been playing with 20" rim choice for the last hour :)