Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shifted again. 18 Aug -1 September

Blank
August
Blank
August
Blank
August
July 28-Aug 11
Blank
August
July 31-Aug 12
August
Aug 4-Aug 17
Aug 5-Aug 18
Aug 6-Aug 17
Aug 7-Aug 17
Aug 8-Aug 17
Aug 9-Aug 17
Aug 10-Aug 17
Aug 11-Aug 19
Aug 12-Aug 21
Aug 13-Aug 24
Aug14-Aug 26
Aug 15-Aug 28
Aug 16-Aug 28
Aug 17-Aug 31
Aug 18-Sep 1

With the price increase, and the seemingly haphazard way Tesla is delivering cars, I'm starting to convince myself Tesla is intentionally putting discounted preorders to the back of the line. They have nothing to lose by treating us this way, but they gain at least $10K per sale for doing it. Those of us that are patient will get our cars when they catch up with demand, and those of us who give up are replaced by preorders with a higher price tag.

This is frustrating.
Mine:
Blank
Blank
July
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Still Blank

Question : On my new S Long Range when I do hard accelerations or a launch, when it starts to hit about 60 or 70 MPH, the steering gets a little squirrely. I'm forcing it to stay straight and correcting it. The yoke is pulling left and right. I have to slow down since on not on a track so don't know what happens after that. I took it into service and they are saying that is completely "normal". I find it hard to believe that feeling like a car might lose control is something normal. Are they giving me the run around or is there something specific I can tell them that needs to be fixed or looked into?
Same here. Look at the power curve
The slope seems to follow the tire traction curve. Plaid departs all the rest exactly where you and I are feeling the issue. Power is building beyond anything Tesla has done before. It is also building beyond what a vast majority of people have ever been exposed to.

Fast speed, slow hands. Brace your elbows against your stomach and try to control unintentional wheel inputs. This will keep the fronts stable. If you add any input, they will start hunting for grip. Tesla’s traction control will manage it (way better than any other car on the planet) but you must remember your are dealing with HP levels that would “blow the tires off” most any other car. That is a term of art in the hotrod world for going from best slip grip to spinning and smoking.

Last edited:
Kinda OT: since there are quite a few first-time buyers here...I've updating electric-moose.com -- it's a site I maintain as a resource for new Tesla/EV owners with the goal of helping them get off to a solid start. Check it out (it's free/not monetized) and also looking for ideas on topics.

Last edited:
Neighbor was cross shopping Mach e to the Y.
After hearing about customer service aspect…he went with Mach e
My coworker picked up an inventory Mach E, red looks super cool
E74A1C27-2913-439A-939F-A59EBB55CAEA.jpeg

Kinda OT: since there are quite a few first-time buyers here...I've updating electric-moose.com -- it's a site I maintain as a resource for new Tesla/EV owners with the goal of helping them get off to a solid start. Check it out (it's free/not monetized) and also looking for ideas on topics.
One idea of a topic to add: delivery checklist. Now that we have a bunch of refresh deliveries, common issues and factory defects to keep an eye out for would be great to see in one consolidated list. Thanks again Omar!

I asked the neighbor about that. He said that appears to be quite common on West coast/west coast Ford dealers. But He located a virginia Ford dealer who had zero markup. So appears to not be 100% of ALL Ford dealers doing markup. Another factor in the decision was a back to back long drive (over varying roads) of the Model Y to the Mach E. In his opinion, the ride quality was far superior to the Y. Said the Y was firm/almost harsh in comparison. Also said in his opinion, the interior layout overall in the Mach E was preferable over the Y.

Different strokes for different folks...

I for one applaud any/all EV competition. Because until enough true competition happens, Tesla's customer service/customer experience/their lack of communication etc, will only continue to decline.
Having been in both the MY and Mach-E, what your neighbor stated about ride quality is completely true. Even in 19" LR form, the Y rides almost similar to the Performance 3. Some like it, and I'm pretty sure it could benefit handling, but some would definitely see the value of the softer ride. The MY really needs adaptive dampers (without the air suspension of course) that way they could sort this out.

The slope seems to follow the tire traction curve. Plaid departs all the rest exactly where you and I are feeling the issue. Power is building beyond anything Tesla has done before. It is also building beyond what a vast majority of people have ever been exposed to.

Fast speed, slow hands. Brace your elbows against your stomach and try to control unintentional wheel inputs. This will keep the fronts stable. If you add any input, they will start hunting for grip. Tesla’s traction control will manage it (way better than any other car on the planet) but you must remember your are dealing with HP levels that would “blow the tires off” most any other car. That is a term of art in the hotrod world for going from best slip grip to spinning and smoking.
I wonder if this point in the acceleration has anything to do with the throttling of the LR 0-60 time.

Perhaps also try a softer suspension setting as well. Not sure what you are used to driving, but a stiff suspension can make the the car seems a bit twitchy. If you have the suspension set to "Auto" the car might the tightening up the suspension on you under hard acceleration.

Having been in both the MY and Mach-E, what your neighbor stated about ride quality is completely true. Even in 19" LR form, the Y rides almost similar to the Performance 3. Some like it, and I'm pretty sure it could benefit handling, but some would definitely see the value of the softer ride. The MY really needs adaptive dampers (without the air suspension of course) that way they could sort this out.

I'm looking at changing up the suspension with an aftermarket kit for our MY LR. I've not seen/heard enough to commit to the expense, but I think it's almost a necessity. Unplugged Performance has something with a "luxury" ride set of coilovers.

Shifted again. 18 Aug -1 September

Blank
August
Blank
August
Blank
August
July 28-Aug 11
Blank
August
July 31-Aug 12
August
Aug 4-Aug 17
Aug 5-Aug 18
Aug 6-Aug 17
Aug 7-Aug 17
Aug 8-Aug 17
Aug 9-Aug 17
Aug 10-Aug 17
Aug 11-Aug 19
Aug 12-Aug 21
Aug 13-Aug 24
Aug14-Aug 26
Aug 15-Aug 28
Aug 16-Aug 28
Aug 17-Aug 31
Aug 18-Sep 1

With the price increase, and the seemingly haphazard way Tesla is delivering cars, I'm starting to convince myself Tesla is intentionally putting discounted preorders to the back of the line. They have nothing to lose by treating us this way, but they gain at least $10K per sale for doing it. Those of us that are patient will get our cars when they catch up with demand, and those of us who give up are replaced by preorders with a higher price tag.

This is frustrating.
My EDD is shifting, but only the first date, the second/last date is holding. I'm hoping that's a good sign??!

Does anyone remember what generally happened to others with orders with only the first date slipping (and therefore the window tightening)? Lead to a VIN, or just the same old monkey randomness?